“Nice rooms friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lakewood Ranch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice rooms friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2006

Very happy with our stay at the Holiday Inn Lakewood Ranch. Location isn't exactly beach front but it does make for a great jumping off point for all kinds of events in and around Sarasota - everything was about 10 - 15 minute drive away. Staff were fantastic and put us on to some very good local places to enjoy. Room was lovely and large with choice of wi-fi or ethernet internet connection. Alamo Steakhouse in hotel but we didn't try, instead going into town for local seafood, and two different Amish restaurants.

A few curious design choices at this hotel, while feeling reasonably high-end, it lacks any kind of lobby shop / gift shop / market for munchies or whatnot. There are vending machines but they really don't like to take dollar bills so trips to the near by Walgreens were planned. Also, the rooms feature walk-in showers, which you get used to fast - but they didn't put fans in the bathrooms, so I'm guessing in a few years this will come back to haunt them - steam leads mold as you know.

Anyway, that's nitpicking on my part, the room and hotel were great.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

Holiday Inn has a real winner here. We came down from Minnesota for Spring Training, and were so delightfully surprised by this Holiday Inn. The check-in process was effiecient, the rooms spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. The staff was friendly, the pool the right themperature, and the workout room more than adequate.

We ate breakfast at tahe hotel, and had the cinnamon swirl French Toast. The wait-staff was wonderful, quick and efficient.

I'm a travel agent, and would definitely recommend this hotel to my clients.

• Stayed February 2006
Cambridgeshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2006

My family and I stayed here for four nights and considered it to be by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at in the USA. The staff on reception were very helpful especially Bruce. The rooms were large and very clean. Ask for a room overlooking the lake for the best view. The Alamo Restaurant in the hotel serves excellent meals at a resonable price and again with very helpful staff. We will certainly return next time we visit Sarasota.

• Stayed March 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2005

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights upon arrival to Florida (yes we drove from Miami). This hotel was in a good spot for beaches, (by car not walking), restaurants, shops etc. The price was good, the room was big, clean, huge beds definately good value. Nice pool (although we opted for the beach). Friendly staff, and a great restaurant (excellent staff) with great breakfasts to set you up for the day (and cheap!).

• Stayed August 2005
Palm Harbor, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2005

Really enjoyed by stay. This is a great place to stay. Rooms are immaculate, clean, comfortable. The hotel staff is extremely service oriented -- a real gem. I have allergies, and the staff ensured the room was inonized before my arrival.

They actually followed up with me re my arrival time to ensure the room was ready. I selected this hotel based upon others recommendations here and I was not disappointed. If you are staying in Sarasota -- this is the place to stay. Heads and shoulders above the competition.....very deserving of the number 1 designation.

Centrally located, great little restaurant on premises.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

My friend and I stayed at Lakewood Ranch Holiday Inn this past Memorial Day weekend.Located right off of I-75, this hotel is a short drive to all of the beaches and attractions that Sarasota has to offer. (About ten minutes).The lobby with it's fireplace is very charming, and our room was spacious and clean,clean, clean! The mini fridge in the room was a nice touch and kept our water for the next day's adventures cold. All of the staff that we encountered were very professional and friendly. I discovered that my friend was a towel hog, and I had to call guest relations for extra towels every night! Each time, the towels were quickly brought to our room . I highly recommend the hotels restaurant, The Alamo.We ate all of our breakfasts and our dinner there Saturday night.The prices were good,the food was always fresh and well prepared , and the wiaters and waitresses were great.(Don't be afraid to try the Bison steak,it was delicious!) I am planning on bringing my children to see Mote Aqurium later this summer, and I will certainly stay at Lakewood Ranch again! Thank you trip advisor for helping me find a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2005
Aulendorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

In January 2005 my boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. We had a room on 4th floor that offered a pretty lakeview. The room was well furnished, the bathroom spacious and everything was very clean. I specially liked the elegant tapestry. The designer really had an unerring eye for details which give this place a special charme. We enjoyed the pool and the hot tub - both were great.

All in all this is a high quality hotel with an extremely friendly staff.

We loved dining at the Alamo Steakhouse - everything from breakfast to dinner was just fine. Try the gator with some salad or the bison burger. This is not your everyday restaurant. And the room service for breakfast was just amazing. The waitress must have been waiting in front of the door in order to be just in time. Our alarm clock buzzered and she knocked at the door in just the same moment.

The location is a bit off Sarasota downtown, so you need a car for everything you want to do. But, where don't you?

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!