“Another A+ stay at HI, Lakewood Ranch” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lakewood Ranch
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Another A+ stay at HI, Lakewood Ranch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was our 10th stay at the Holiday Inn, Lakewood Ranch in the period immediately after Christmas and, as with the previous 9, we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with excellent care and attention by all the staff here.

Our room was well appointed and airy with everything we needed. Housekeeping was prompt each day and mostly completed before 10am.

The Alamo restaurant is a great place for breakfast, especially if the rate includes a coupon for here, and Sheryl and co are always welcoming and friendly. We also dined here on New Years Eve and had a first class meal with a glass of champagne included which was a very nice touch.

We used both the pool and gym facilities. Both were clean and organised although the water cooler in the gym did not seem to be refilled during our stay or on our return.

We had such a good stay we returned for a few final days after spending a week further south. There aren't many hotels where I would stay twice on one trip as I like to experience something new however it's nice to know that the Holiday Inn, Lakewood Ranch is so dependable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again! I will make sure I pass along your positive comments to Cheryl and the Alamo Steakhouse Crew.
We are so proud of our award winning hotel and your feedback is a great extra bonus for the staff. Please come back soon.

Rob Ferguson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bay City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

After a wonderful trip to Disney it was nice to have a large room to unwind and relax. We stayed at the Lakewood Ranch Holiday Inn December 29-Jan 2, 2014 while visiting family. The hotel was spacious and clean (and I'm picky)! We traveled as a family with two young children 2 and 10 months old. Our room had a fridge and a microwave, which was nice.The hotel was set back off of the main drag so it was not super easy to find, but well worth calling for easy directions. I would stay here again in the future! FYI There are many shops (designer nearby) as well as a SuperTarget, whose prices were considerably cheaper than those of Orlando and the stores closer to the beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thanks for your positive feedback. I am so glad to hear you had a chance to relax after your vacation in Orlando. Please visit soon

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Should be rated 5 stars. Best room I have ever had for the money. Great bed, pillows, view. We stayed in a suite. Two very large rooms overlooking a lake. Very laid back hotel and a great restaurant attached.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
WOW,
Thank you for a great review! Please visit again soon!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We arrived after hunting shark teeth in Venice. I opened the blinds to jokingly tell my 7 year old that there was a giant alligator by the pond but to my surprise there was a 4 ft alligator sunning himself. I realized why the secure fence was around the pool.

The staff was very friendly and the restaurant had great steaks.

Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel and the pets on Lake Osprey, behind the hotel. Please come to see us soon

Rob
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I returned from my son's soccer tournament in the area. The hotel could not be any cleaner and the staff was very efficient and friendly. The rooms are good sized and have a small refrigerator and a microwave excellent when you are traveling with teenagers. The hotel is literally nearby highway I75 and close to shopping malls and good restaurants!! In my case the breakfast was included but in the last day the breakfast was not ready in the morning and the front desk personnel gave me a complimentary breakfast in the Alamo Restaurant without any complain !! Very well maintained hotel and excellent staff personnel . This is my second time in the Sarasota Area and definitely this time I found the hotel for my future stays.!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Great to hear from you! We have seen quite a few soccer players in the hotel recently. I hope your team did well over at the soccer fields. Please visit again soon.
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I labeled this 4 stars but if you compared this to hotels like the Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and others in that money category, this would be at the top of the list as far as quality and what you get for the price. The hotel is about 7 miles or so from the airport. It's in the Lakewood Ranch area of Sarasota which is a newer area. Plenty of shopping and dining nearby. The hotel is literally two minutes off of the highway. One nice thing if you are traveling is there is a big gas station where you can fill up before getting on the highway right at the hotel street exit.

This hotel looks like it is either new or newly refurbished. The hotel could not be any cleaner and well maintained. The minute you walk in to the lobby, you can tell they care about this property and how it looks. The front desk man was excellent, quick, efficient, and very friendly. They have an attached restaurant with pretty decent food, sort of a Southwest flare. The prices at the restaurant and room service were more than fair - good sized burgers with fries was $8.95 which is comparable to Friday's or Chilli's. They also had a Mexi-Cali steak, pulled pork, ribs, and a myriad of other dishes. The food was delivered fast and fresh. Also had a nice little bar area with plenty of televisions for watching the game.

Roomwise, the room I had was a larger 5th floor room, well maintained and modern. One thing I liked was extra electric plugs that were easily accessible, ice machines and vending on each floor, no hotel smell in the hallways. Room was very, very clean. Bed was very comfortable, good sized television and a good sized desk to work from. Bathroom shower was oversized, extra towels, good bathroom products were made available. You could tell the care in cleaning, as there wasn't a spot of dirty grout or mold anywhere in the bathroom or shower tile. You could also smell the cleaning agents - a fresh clean smell.

Breakfast was also delivered on time, hot and fresh. I also used the gym and outdoor pool. The gym is adequate for a hotel that size, one treadmill and one cross trainer. Also have some free weights and one combo weight machine. It is more than fine for a good workout on the road. I could see where the gym could get crowded, however. The pool was more than adequate for lap swimming or keeping kids occupied. If you want to walk outside, the hotel is on a relatively quiet business street where you could easily jog or walk without much issue or concern.

The hotel was very quiet while I was there, even though it looked like an event was going on. Parking was more than adequate and very easy. No complaints about this hotel at all. I would definitely come back here. If you are traveling with kids overnight, the hotel should be fine. However, if you are staying for a few days with kids, there isn't a whole lot at the hotel for kids to do other than the pool (unless you left the property). It is near everything in Sarasota within 15-20 minutes or so to the farthest attractions, so shouldn't be an issue. There is a Nordstrom's and other mall type stores just under the I-75 overpass less than 1/2 mile in case you forget anything.

Room Tip: I typically pick higher floors and it didn't disappoint here. The hotel is kind of set back off...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
What a great review our hotel. It was very professionally written and thanks for the great comments. You nailed it. I wanted to mention there is a new trampoline fun center, mini golf, movie theaters about a mile from the hotel and of course we are about 20 minutes or so from the beach.

I am sorry ir we did not make you aware of that during your stay

Towaco, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I just retuned from spending four nights at the Hotel. I was in the area for my son's soccer tournament. I have stayed in many Holiday Inns and found this to be one of the best maintainted properties in it's class. The lobby, rooms and general area were updated. In speaking with one of the employees the renovation was completed six years ago (looked for more recent. Everyone from the people at the front desk to the employees at the restaurant were extremely friendly and helpful. the hotel is approx 1.5 miles off the interestate. Within a few minutes of driving there are many restaurants (mostly chain). You are within a half hour of down town Sarasota and the beautiful Gulf Beaches.

I would highly recommend

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
rferguson, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Please come back to see us soon

Rob Ferguson

Been to Holiday Inn Sarasota - Lakewood Ranch? Share your experiences!