“Treat yourself.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Kidlington
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Ovisher which means "The lovers meeting place" was established in 1981. Being one of the oldest Indian restaurants in Oxfordshire, it has been serving the people of Kidlington and Oxford for more than 30 years. One of our greatest boast is that three generations of families have now been enjoying the Ovisher cuisine. Our food is indeed aimed to be special and our experienced chef's are always studying our customers culinary desires, to produce good, if not the finest curry. This special food of ours is served in a warm and relaxing environment, set up by our friendly and attentive staff.
Cambridge, England Kingdom
“Treat yourself.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've been visiting the Ovisher for over 20 years. Whenever I have a friend that deserves a treat or a business associate I'm trying to impress, my first suggestion is always to go to the Ovisher. The food is undoubtedly excellent. If you're not big on spicy food, try the Royal Lamb, it's glorious. However, the main reason I love the Ovisher is for the service. Each time I have been it is as if it is my birthday. The staff appreciate that for a lot of people it is a real treat to eat out. They make a genuine effort to make one feel comfortable and show appreciation for one's custom. More often than not, the owner Bari is on the floor, discreetly keeping the staff on their toes, jovially passing from table to table, making jokes and diligently checking that everyone is happy. Lot of parking outside and across the road too. Treat yourself.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kidlington, England, United Kingdom
“ovisher, kidlington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

fantastic service and the food was even better, I would highly recomend the Meat Thali.
We didn't feel hurried to get out after our meal, it was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
We will be going back :)

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Something Fishy going on!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have been to ovisher a few times over the years but it is not my place of choice for a decent curry. If this is one of Oxford's finest when it comes to indian food than either all the reviews have been written by people who have not tried the many other (better!) indian restaurants Oxford has to offer or the reviews are written by a single person?

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Exeter
“Delicious food, warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a birthday meal with my partner here and had selected it after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and we weren't disappointed. We sat in a booth style table which was a bit more cosy. The staff were very friendly and happy to give help and advice with regards to the menu. The food was clearly freshly prepared and wasn't oily or heavy in the slightest. I prefer my curries a little bit hotter, but that's my own fault for not checking how hot it would be, every restaurant varies! However, the food more than made up for lack of heat with all round flavour. I also like a garlic naan with garlic and these were perfect!

There was a party in for a birthday meal and I thought the staff made a wonderful effort to join in the fun and help entertain the children.

Visited January 2013
Oxford
“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We went for dinner for the first time in many years and were very disappointed with the food. It was bland and all tasted the same. The chicken tikka masala was particularly bad - about 3 ounces of sliced chicken drowned by tasteless red sauce. Not what I remembered of the quality of years gone by. Would not go back!

• Visited January 2013