“Not horrendous but certainly not a highlight” 3 of 5 stars
Review of My home hotel -Gua musang

You added My home hotel -Gua musang to your Saves list
My home hotel -Gua musang
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   PT7746, Jalan Persiaran Raya, Taman Mesra,, Gua Musang 18300, Malaysia   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Gua Musang B&B and Inns
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
“Not horrendous but certainly not a highlight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The staff, an assortment of young men, were not very interested in anything. Cleaning left a bit to be desired, the sink was very grubby, and there were many cobwebs that a quick flick with the feather duster would have removed.
Breakfast with its blue rice was ok, but I couldn't face it two days in a row.
The room was tiny, as was the bathroom. The tv only had 3 channels one of which seemed to be controlled by the boys downstairs, so just getting into a film.....
It was midway between the bus and railway stations and closer to the old town which was very pleasant. All in all,not bad, but I wouldn't rush back there!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Booked a superior room with window for 2 nights. The room assigned located at the back so less noise as many customer commented but to be honest, any hotel around here will face d same prob, it's d main road to East Coast full with lorries so what do u expect?

Bfast is provided to my surprise! Free wifi. Walk-in or phone booking shld b cheaper. Hot water, air-cond working well, just d China Brand LCD TV wif limited local channel.

Worth d stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Reasonably good budget hotel in Gua Musang. Out of the main street, sign a little hard to see. Right on the main road and is quite noisy, we had a room at the front of the hotel. Small room, Flat screen TV, hot water for coffee downstairs. Breakfast in the morning was Nasi Lemak, was hoping for toast as there was a toaster, but no toast. The next morning we were offered blue rice and fish, couldn't eat it. The room was cheap enough and you get what you pay for. Booked thru Agoda and could have gotten the room cheaper if we'd come in off the street, so I wasn't happy about that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Gua Musang town will be reached after the approx 140km long drive mountain road from Tapah going into Cameron Highlands. This hotel is easy to be found as Gua Musang is a small town right next to a 7-Eleven. (Even though there are tons of 7-Elevens here). It is also right outside a local burger stall and within distance to a school. Service is very minimal. We had a twin sharing room (very tiny) and barely fit 2 backpacker bags. Luckily shower is hot and air conditioning was functioning. Breakfast is served only from 7am onwards so we had to give it a miss but looks to be a combination of bread and jam. Well, you get what you pay for, as this is more like a hostel than a hotel but for its price of RM110 for twin sharing, is just about appropriate.

Please have low expectations and basically treat this as a stopover on your journey to Kelantan or Terengganu,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We stayed at My Home for one night on our way through Gua Musang to catch the jungle train down to Singapore. The hotel is certainly an eye-catching place, with its bright red exterior it's hard to miss. Unfortunately the red theme is continued on into the bedrooms, where it doesn't contribute to the most relaxing of environments. Our bedroom was at the front, which faces the main road. If you're a light sleeper then you'll definitely need earplugs here.

The bathroom is a bit odd as the drain is located at the opposite end to the shower meaning that the whole of the floor around the toilet and the sink is wet most of the time. The shower itself is okay, with hot water. The room had a TV, but there was no remote so we were forced to use the frustratingly complicated button configurations on the front of the set. There was a lot of noise coming from the reception area as we tried to sleep as friends of the staff seem to pop round for impromptu parties. Again, earplugs are a must.

In the morning we needed to print out some tickets for our train but despite the hotel having two printers, we were told that neither of them were working. There was no remedy offered for our printing problem. We ordered a taxi to the station which arrived late. The price quoted was 12 ringgits for a two minute ride. We negotiated this down to 10 ringgits but still felt ripped off. The receptionist said that the price was higher as the taxi was ordered rather than hailed from the street, but we weren't told this beforehand. In fact, the 'taxi' wasn't really a taxi at all. It was a beat-up old car that was driven by the receptionist's mate we reckon.

Overall not a terrible stay - we actually had a good night's sleep - but there are quite a few areas where this hotel needs to improve its service

Room Tip: There's free wifi which looks like it should be available in most rooms. However go for a room a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I reached the hotel at about 7pm after driving from KL. The hotel is located next to the main road and easily seen with its bright red signboard.
The staff is courteous and the check in was fast. They use proper digital key for safety. Unfortunately the twin sharing room provided is too small.
The bathroom is at the end of the bed and there is a convertible desk at the corner of the room.
I may not go to this hotel or may be will request different type of room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

When I planned to visit Kelantan by road on my own, I decided to stay a night in Gua Musang just to experience a stay in this town which is about half way between KL and Kota Bharu. This I did by going through the Cameron Highlands where I stayed for a night. I had no idea if there was any reasonably good hotel in Gua Musang(I ever spent a night in a hotel here several years ago) After finding that My Home Hotel has sister hotels in other towns, I decided to give it a try. At the rate I have to pay, I consider it is worth it. Room is small and compact but able to offer the basic things we need for a short stay. My wife was not so happy with the TV channels which were controlled by the hotel.. could not watch channels of own choice. I am writing this while in the hotel room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to My home hotel -Gua musang? Share your experiences!