We stayed here for 2 nights (end April) at the end of a week tour of Sri Lanka and had a fantastic stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We specifically asked if we could have Sri Lankan curry on our last night and were given a selection of different curries, all delicious! We had an enormous villa beautifully decorated as is the whole hotel. George the owner has exquisite taste and personally welcomes you to his home. Our only little gripe was the two outside showers. Whilst previous reviewers obviously loved them we found that in the hot and humid weather no sooner had we showered then you needed another one as the shower area was stifling hot. Shaving and putting makeup on (not at the same time) was extremely difficult due to the heat! Plus at times there were tiny ants all round the sinks! I have to say they looked stunning but for us an indoor bathroom was preferable! If you intend to go end April/May ask for a villa with an inside bathroom - or not?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high up above a tea estate, and yet within easy reach of the stunning beaches for which Sri Lanka is well know, Kahanda Kanda is the perfect hideaway. With stunning individual villas that afford privacy and space, combined with sensational views, the cuisine is superb, and the service is first class. We aim to offer 5 star service, and with only 5 suites, that service is truly individual. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Splendia so you can book your Kahanda Kanda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahanda Kanda Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Hotel Angulugaha
- Kahanda Kanda Sri Lanka/Angulugaha