“I highly recommend this charming B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Taylard House
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   4 Church Lane, Gamlingay SG19 3EU, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Gamlingay B&B and Inns
Bournemouth
“I highly recommend this charming B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

This B&B is a beautiful house standing in a lovely garden. If you enjoy waking up feeling that you are on holiday, even if you are working away from home, then stay here! Food delicious-breakfast and evening meals, hosts very friendly and helpful, bed incredibly comfortable and shops only a short stroll away. Also some lovely walks to be had from the B&B. I will definitely return-next time for a holiday!

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Great attention to detail. Very friendly and attentive. Beautiful house and gardens. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2010
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed at Taylard House for a night a couple of weeks ago, the first time we had stayed in a B&B with our 15 month old daughter and they were so, so welcoming and accommodating, letting me pop into the kitchen to warm baby food, keep milk in the fridge etc etc. The breakfast was outstanding and I would definitely recommend this B&B and would go back if I needed to stay in that area again.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

My parents, brother and I stayed here at the weekend as it was my son's wedding in a nearby village. Taylard House is the archetypal English house constructed of local stone with a gravel drive and lovely garden when our hosts served us drinks. Sue and Andy, the hosts, are most welcoming, friendly and are the personification of English hospitality. The interior of the house is charming with many items of family memorabilia and furniture. Breakfast was excellent, cooked to order and we had a wide choice of dishes.
Staying here made a wonderful wedding day a superb experience to remember.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
North Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Very friendly. I stayed at the guest house without my friends but they were welcomed in & offered refreshments while they waited for me. The house itself has a very informal & homely feel. The temperature was perfect, not too cold or hot.
The breakfast was the best I have had in a long time, cooked when you are ready for it, exactly how you asked for it.
My stay was very comfortable & relaxing. If I am ever in that area again Taylard House would be my first choice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

We found this more or less by accident, when we needed a room for a night after a procedure at Papworth Hospital. We were most impressed by the warmth of welcome, the lovely surroundings, and the understanding when we were (inevitably!) later than expected from the hospital. A meal was kept for us and we were able to rest in front of a log fire in the sitting room afterwards. We shall certainly return and can fully recommend it to anyone who would like a quiet, very spacious, very comfortable stay, with interesting and nice hosts.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Taylard House? Share your experiences!