“Anne& Tom” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orasay Inn

Orasay Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lochcarnan
Orasay Inn
You added Orasay Inn to your Saves list
Lochcarnan HS8 5PD, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lochcarnan
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Anne& Tom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at the Orasay Inn for three nights and ate each evening in the wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The staff were helpful, friendly and very knowledgeable. Having a drink in the lounge whilst perusing the menu and specials board was a nice touch before being called through to our table and our food shortly afterwards. The views from the restaurant are stunning.We also like the friendly dogs and cat which live on the premises.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I always stay here when I travel to Uist.
The rooms are comfortable and clean.
Food is splendid. The evening meal food is very good restaurant quality, my favourite is the monk fish.
The breakfast is equally sensational with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs standard on the menu.
Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: All The rooms are comfortable. There is a large double room with a balcony over looking the garden w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Blaenporth, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Orasay Inn used to be my second home about 12 years ago whilst I was doing extensive trips to the Outer Hebrides. So, when I had to return to the Hebrides last week on business, it was my first choice of hotel on the islands, despite some of the negative reviews posted here.

Well, I can say that the welcome from Alan and Isobel was just like I had never been away. The rooms are still good (recently refurbished as well), clean and just what you need when stopping away, and the evening meals and breakfast were as good as I remember from 12 years ago. Isobel remains an excellent chef. And the views to Skye (weather permitting) remain a great highlight from the restaurant.

I'd recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to stop in a nice relaxing atmosphere with excellent food to hand.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Isle of lewis, scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here recently for the second time. This was a much better experience, the room was nicely decorated and clean and warm. There was a nice range of complimentary drinks in the room. There are stunning views from all the windows. The other nice addition is there is a small bar in the lounge.
The breakfast was delicious with a good selection with local ingredients

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wonderful food, lovely room and very helpful staff. I will be back again for another stay at this little hotel.

The food is second to none and very good value for money. The small bar was very comfortable, a nice way to finish off your day on these beautiful Islands.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here just for one night whilst on an island hopping adventure with the dog. Being dog friendly was one of the reasons I booked here, and that it was good value for money.

I arrived late in the afternoon and couldn't remember if i'd pre-paid or not... the owners were away, but the staff were very helpful and let me sort it out the following morning.

I could go on forever about this B&B, suffice to say every aspect of it was excellent... the food, there is a HUGE menu, everything sounded extremely appetising. I had the venison casserole for dinner, was was very tasty... as was the massive full breakfast I had the following morning.

The room was very comfortable, clean, well-furnished and very up to date. It came with a wee tin of a wide variety of tea, coffee, hot chocolates, biscuits, more biscuits... and a TV with a wide selection of channels. No extra charge for the dog, which was good.

The location is quite remote, but then most of this area is... which was just perfect. After dinner I went for a walk with the dog... you can literally walk for miles and not see another soul. if you're looking for somewhere to escape to, whilst still having all of the home comforts, amazing food, and a sensible budget - this is it.

Room Tip: Regardless of what room you have, I'm sure your stay here will be excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kirkcaldy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've just spent 3 days and 3 nights here whilst researching a book project. The owners have been very friendly and incredibly helpful - genuine Hebridean hospitality. As mentioned in other posts the outside is a little deceiving in that the Inn has the appearance of a modern house - but once inside you do feel made at home straight away. My room was a double - large, spotless and with an en suite. It was comfortable, quiet and well set out. My main reason for staying here was for the reputation the Orasay Inn has for food, it had been recommended to me on several previous occasions and it did not disappoint. The menu (choice between a la carte or board) was excellent in it's variety - I'd need a fortnight at least to get through it all! I enjoyed perfectly cooked and presented duck, steak and seafood and the portion sizes (though not as important to me as quality) were very generous indeed. Breakfasts were hearty and there is a cosy lounge adjoining the restaurant which makes it feel like a home away from.
I like good food, I like friendly helpful people and I like a comfortable night's sleep. I also enjoy the more relaxed pace of life that the Orasay Inn does without trying. I'll be back.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Orasay Inn? Share your experiences!