“Nice little hotel and nice food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Orasay Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lochcarnan
Orasay Inn
You added Orasay Inn to your Saves list
Lochcarnan HS8 5PD, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lochcarnan
Isle of lewis, scotland
“Nice little hotel and nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here recently for the second time. This was a much better experience, the room was nicely decorated and clean and warm. There was a nice range of complimentary drinks in the room. There are stunning views from all the windows. The other nice addition is there is a small bar in the lounge.
The breakfast was delicious with a good selection with local ingredients

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Wonderful food, lovely room and very helpful staff. I will be back again for another stay at this little hotel.

The food is second to none and very good value for money. The small bar was very comfortable, a nice way to finish off your day on these beautiful Islands.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here just for one night whilst on an island hopping adventure with the dog. Being dog friendly was one of the reasons I booked here, and that it was good value for money.

I arrived late in the afternoon and couldn't remember if i'd pre-paid or not... the owners were away, but the staff were very helpful and let me sort it out the following morning.

I could go on forever about this B&B, suffice to say every aspect of it was excellent... the food, there is a HUGE menu, everything sounded extremely appetising. I had the venison casserole for dinner, was was very tasty... as was the massive full breakfast I had the following morning.

The room was very comfortable, clean, well-furnished and very up to date. It came with a wee tin of a wide variety of tea, coffee, hot chocolates, biscuits, more biscuits... and a TV with a wide selection of channels. No extra charge for the dog, which was good.

The location is quite remote, but then most of this area is... which was just perfect. After dinner I went for a walk with the dog... you can literally walk for miles and not see another soul. if you're looking for somewhere to escape to, whilst still having all of the home comforts, amazing food, and a sensible budget - this is it.

Room Tip: Regardless of what room you have, I'm sure your stay here will be excellent.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank CJDL
Kirkcaldy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've just spent 3 days and 3 nights here whilst researching a book project. The owners have been very friendly and incredibly helpful - genuine Hebridean hospitality. As mentioned in other posts the outside is a little deceiving in that the Inn has the appearance of a modern house - but once inside you do feel made at home straight away. My room was a double - large, spotless and with an en suite. It was comfortable, quiet and well set out. My main reason for staying here was for the reputation the Orasay Inn has for food, it had been recommended to me on several previous occasions and it did not disappoint. The menu (choice between a la carte or board) was excellent in it's variety - I'd need a fortnight at least to get through it all! I enjoyed perfectly cooked and presented duck, steak and seafood and the portion sizes (though not as important to me as quality) were very generous indeed. Breakfasts were hearty and there is a cosy lounge adjoining the restaurant which makes it feel like a home away from.
I like good food, I like friendly helpful people and I like a comfortable night's sleep. I also enjoy the more relaxed pace of life that the Orasay Inn does without trying. I'll be back.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ianpaterson28
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Staff great, food very reasonable priced, great special's board, all local seafood, staff very friendly. Hotel is undergoing refurb, which was explained! Family run business, massive portions given, and beautiful,view from dining room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sarahm767
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a week will travelling to South Uist for work. Even though we arrived late, the manager ensured that the restaurant stayed open so that we could have a proper meal after our long journey. Even though the hotel looks unimposing from the outside, the rooms are spacious and well appointed, with some great views of the Hebridean countryside.

After each working day, we came back to a warm and cozy communal lounge with comfortable sofas. There was a good selection of beers and spirits on offer from the bar. We ate at the hotel every night of our stay and not once were we disappointed. The menu had a number of excellent choices and the food was truly amazing; proper top quality restaurant dishes. The cooked breakfast was also one of the best and largest that I've ever been served in a hotel.

Even though I couldn't get a decent phone signal, there was free WiFi in the communal areas of the hotel, which was fast enough to get some work done. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Orasay Inn and myself and my colleagues will be staying here throughout the duration of our project.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank adebond007
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The welcome at the Orasay Inn was, quite simply, above and beyond what could ever have been expected - a welcome opportunity to warm up and eat on a particularly stormy day during our cycling holiday. A clear sign we were in for a good stay was the fact that the chef (on her way home) stopped to ask if she could help us as we cycled down the lane and, once we had said we were looking for some food, turned around to put something together for us! On arrival, the staff were extremely friendly and assisted us in drying our sodden clothes, including offering to tumble dry them. We stayed for lunch and the fresh food was quite simply amazing - outstanding smoked bacon soup and fish pie, with quantity matching quality. Wholeheartedly recommended for a friendly welcome and an outstanding meal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank El198
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochcarnan
Polochar Inn
The Colonsay
The Colonsay
#1 of 1 in Isle of Colonsay
4.5 of 5 stars 146 reviews

Been to Orasay Inn? Share your experiences!