“Best place I have ever stayed in Ghana” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beyin Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beyin
Beyin Beach Resort
You added Beyin Beach Resort to your Saves list
PO Box 145 | Aiyinasi, Beyin, Ghana   |
Edinburgh
“Best place I have ever stayed in Ghana”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I have never placed a review or felt the need to but I just wanted to say that this is one of the most beautiful and relaxing places I have ever had the pleasure of visiting. The staff are extremely friendly but also are not too overbearing allowing you to enjoy the best part of this place which is the feeling of having your very own slice of paradise.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

I am a volunteer living in Ghana. I traveled to the stilt village and stayed at the Beyin beach resort. I have done lots of traveling in my one year time here and this has been the best. Everything about this place was excellent and amazing. I would put this on the must do list!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

I was in Ghana volunteering in Accra and a trip to the Stilt Village was my first weekend trip and what a trip!!

I travelled with 6 other volunteers and the place is beautiful!!! Right on the beach front, fabulous room. Lovely staff. I can't rate this place enough. Was the best placed I stayed in my whole 2 months there!!

Would love to return one day - for a longer stay hopefully!! Lovely place to cut yourself off from the world.

Would advise a trip to the Stilt Village also

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Very nice place to stay, lovely view at the see.

Quit and romantic place, good food.

Hotel works on turtle preservation: Did a turtle excursion is in the middle of the night :-( however it's an experience to see a turtle lay her eggs :-) . Also saw young turtles go to the see.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Reading, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

OK, here we go. I travelled to this amazing result in Novemeber for a weeks break with my girlfriend. This was my first visit to Ghana, in fact my firts vist to Africa and it will not be my last. We arrived at the resort after a long journey from London and were instantly at ease. Patrick and Nina who own the resort were the most accomadating hosts. Words can hardly describe the experience that awaits you at this untouched coner of the earth.

We had barely settled in to our room when Nina told us that the local fishermen had captured a turtle and wanted us to see it!! On our first day Nina took us for a wander around the local village of Beyin. This was the first of many memorable experiences od this beautiful country. The people were fantastic and walking through this society untouched by the western nonsense, was a real leveller and made me realise what is really important. The people were lovely and were just as curious of me as i was of them. We visited the Fort which is a remnanat of English colonianism (without a tourism rip off in sight!) and saw the local girls go about their local ritual of signing and dancing in the early evening. None of this was staged for tourists, in fact myself and Nina and patricks two young sons, were the only ones to witness it

On our second day we visited the stilt village of Nzuelzo. This place has to be seen to be belived! You get to the village by and hour long boat ride (in which you assist by paddling) through stunning wetlands and eventually end up in a huge lake in which the corner has a local village built entirely from bamboo. It's surreal, it's unlike anything you've ever seen, it's Africa!!

The resort itself is a mix of naturally built individual beach villas and one bedroom rooms, all set on a blissful white sand beach with no tourist intrusion whatsoever. It is also a turtle conservation site who employ local residents to patrol the beach at night to watch for female turtles laying their eggs. These are then collected and carefully housed in a conservation area.The meals are a mix between local and English fayre and are delicious. There are a selection of local beers which cost around £1 each.The food goes for between £3 and £5.

The third day of our vacation saw us travel to the market in Ayinasi. We took a local taxi (around £5) to the town and I was overwhelmed by the sights, sounds, smells and colours of this place. It's hot, it;s hectic and the smells and colours will live with you forever. I loved it, my girlfriend hated it. Try it for yourself.

Also whilst on our trip, I has a 'boy's day' with Miles and Lewis, Patrick and Nina's two sons and their local friend Samuel. We played on the beach (in other words they jumped all over me!), we ventured through the jungle, and we watched the village boys play football. In other words we had the sort of day that we dreamed about when we were kids.

One day we layed on the beach and enjoyed the blue ocean alone. No other tourists. Just me and my girlfriend. It was heaven. That afternoon it rained. Properly rained, not England rained. We ran onto the beach and went for a two mile walk in monsoon rain and 25 centigrade heat. All alone. Not a person in sight. We laughed, ran, sat and thought. The most special day of my life. No one else mattered (in fact it seemed we were the only people in the world).

One morning we were woken at 3am as a local 'spotter' had found a remale turtle which was laying her eggs. In the middle of a blustery, wet night, 8 of us wandered down the pitch black beach to witness this once in a lifetime event.

A few morning after we were awaken by Miles at 6am as a batch of turtle eggs were hatching. All the resort guests (aroung 15 of us) watched as these cute 3 each baby turtles made there first steps to the ocean. It was magical.

On our last day we went for a 5 mile walk along the beach. In the 4 hours we were away we saw 5 people and a heard of cows. As I said before, this place is like your own private country.

I could write for hours but I don't have the litteracy skills to ever do Beyin Beach Resort justice.

Just for the record, I'm a white, working class, 34 year old father of two and a train driver. I'm not a hippy/student/want to save the world person trying to do the right thing. I went with my girlfriend to try something completely different and ended up having the most memorable week of my life. I love 5 star all inc holidays and all that. I like beer and football. What I'm trying to say is that if I loved it, all can.

You can have a great time at all inclusive carribean resort. But can you have a life changing one? Thought not.

Just for once try something different. Beyin Beach is all the travel agents promise you of other countries but fail to deliver. Go there, you'll never forget it

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Beyin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!