“Great place for great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Zigzag
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Newberg, Oregon
“Great place for great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After a morning in the snow, we stopped at this restaurant to check it out. Our family of 4 loved it, I had the mac & cheese, husband had Reuben sandwich, son had pulled pork sandwich and daughter had grilled salmon and mash. We really enjoyed everything we ordered, quality and quantity was perfect. My son had a Manhattan which he liked then we all had dessert & coffee. The room is funky and artistic - owner is an artist too. We spent more time here than the slopes it was so enjoyable. Tracie was our waitress, she owns this with her husband, and is a wondeful hostess.

• Visited December 2012

Beaverton, Oregon
“Good food, better Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My Girlfriend and I went to the Skyway Bar & Grill after spending the day up on Mount Hood.

The service here is excellent, the wait staff is really went above and beyond. When our server discovered that my girlfriend was feelinng ill from what appeared to be altitude sickness she went out of her way to help her out, including bringing her a ginger ale at no charge to help settle her stomach. She was great, periodically checking up on us to make sure that my girlfriend was well.

All of the food that I tried is excellent. The Spinach Salad is very tasty and well designed. The pork sliders were great, with a very nice BBQ sacue. And their Salmon Macaroni and Cheese was incredibly good, at least as good as I have had in much pricier restaurants.

Overall, I cannot reccomend the Skyway enough. My girlfriend and I plan on returning to here. If for no other reason then so she can actually try the food when it hasn't spent an evening in a takeout box.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandy, Oregon
“Want to have a good time??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The skyway bar and grill is one of our favorite get together lets have fun places to eat in our area. We do not hesitate to make the drive to welches to enjoy excellent food, service, spirits, and the funky eclectic atmosphere of the Skyway Bar & Grill. In the summer time the outside seating and music (most nights) is welcoming and easy on the eyes and ears. This outside dining area is a garden of art, plants, furnishings, and good times. the staff are always fun and very helpful whatever your needs may be. I would recomend trying their garlic fries as a must have part of your meal. And when the weather gets to cold outside, the big fireplace in the main dining area is warm and inviting. You can spend hours here just investigating all the artsy fartsy, colection of wares hung all over the place. Dress as you are, as the atmosphere here is kicked back and mountain comfortable.

• Visited September 2012
West Linn, Oregon
“Best BBQ on the mountain (or elsewhere)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant has gone through many iterations over the years, but since Tracie took over it is fantastic. They BBQ their own brisket, pork, chicken, ribs, etc on giant cookers. During the summer (and winter if your brave) they have a giant outdoor seating area with fire pits, seating and great social activities. The food here is always good and it's a great place to stop on your way back from skiing or just visiting Mt. Hood. A giant antique boiler stove is the centerpiece of the bar where a crackling fire is always burning. Micro brews, homemade drink syrups, good liquor selection and live music on Friday and Saturday make this a must stop by. The beautiful hammered copper ceiling sets the tone for a very comfortable and fun place to spend your evenings.

• Visited November 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Holy SALT!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were told by our host at Whispering Woods to give this place a chance despite it's eccentric appearance. She said the food was excellent, and there's live music on the weekends. They had some interesting selections on the menu, and the appetizers were reasonably priced and pretty good. We had the $1 hot pretzel with 3 dipping sauces and the Truffled Grits, which we soon realized was a square cake made from cornmeal deep fried and served in a pool of cheese sauce with parmesan cheese on top. Fortunately for my waistline, I'd run a marathon a few days prior, so I could afford the calories. It was greasy, but tasty. I also ordered the pulled pork with a side of fries and coleslaw. The fries are double deep fried with a TON of salt. The first bite was good, but I wound up with a salt burn on my tongue by the end of the meal. The pork was also CRAZY salty and dry! For a place that supposedly "specializes" in barbecue, they need a little help in the pulled pork dept. I can make pulled pork with a crock pot, 20oz rootbeer and a packet of lipton soup mix that would put that slop to SHAME. The coleslaw was interesting. A little creamier than I like, and tasted like it had mustard in it. Basically it tasted like cabbage and deviled eggs. Their beer selection is pretty good, and they have a selection of their own flavored vodkas that would likely interest a vodka drinker. The musician playing while we were there was kind of awful. She was the opening act, but had more confidence than talent. The atmosphere was eclectic. The fireplace is pretty cool and it feels like someone's "party log cabin". It wasn't all bad, but I wouldn't send anyone with a blood pressure issue.

• Visited October 2012