This was our second time on Maui, tried the south side this time and stayed seven nights at Makena. The hotel itself is beautiful with a great staff. Upon a late afternoon arrival from the east coast, we were greeted by hotel staff immediately and made welcome. However, disappointed in the "ocean view" room we paid for which actually overlooked construction in a dirt filled lot and the only ocean we could see was standing in the corner of the lanai. Our AC was not working and the room stuffy. We complained to the staff and were given an upgrade the following day. Front desk customer service Ron was very accomodating to our needs. This hotel is more laid back, off the beaten path and away from alot of the attractions. Very quiet and relaxing. If you like a fast pace, night life, fancy frills and activities this is not for you. The grounds, lobby and gardens are beautiful, the hotel room clean and comfortable. Valet service is outstanding and we found "Thomas" to be our favorite. They offer free shuttle service to area hotels, restaurants and activities. Hotel dining is expensive with a limited menu, but has excellent service. There is a breakfast bistro in the lobby that sells fresh fruits, pastries and Starbuck's coffee. The pool area is quite small as is the pool itself. My only complaint here would be the pool service was slow and many times it took ten-twenty minutes for a beverage to arrive even on slow days. The beach is a small walking distance and is clean, quiet with nice views and sunsets. We were able to see sea turtles and whales the last day we were here. This hotel is great for couples, retirees, young families with small children and those who enjoy quiet time and wants to relax. Great value for the service we received and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Tip: Best Dining options we found #1 MonkeyPod, #2 Tommy Bahama, #3 Mulligan's on the Blue all within 5-10 minutes driving. Great food and service.
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Maui Prince
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,800 acres on Maui’s southern coast, the newly beautified resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers updated guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.