This was our first stop on Hawaii islands and it turns out it was the best one. We arrived very late at 10:30pm and thus no leis for us (all other guests get them on arrival). Checkin was very neutral, nothing special.
Arriving to the room we were pleasantly surprised as the room was very spacious with large bathroom (shower+bathtub) and we had two queen beds (we are three). Also you get free two bottles of water, starbucks filter coffee with proper cream and internet and not to forget free valet parking! VERY NICE!
Also if you hangout in room for long time, you will get a notice that they did oblige to your "do not disturb" and please call reception for prompt cleaning of you room - again very nice gesture!
People on the resort are very friendly and keen to help, since valet parking is free make sure you tip the friendly guys as they deserve it.
Pool area is nothing to write home about, very plain and dull, but there is plenty of stretchers and shade available, water is maybe a little on the colder side, I think it was colder than sea.
Beach is nice and sandy, stretchers available, but you have to pay for umbrella...I think it was something like $20/day....come on....who can hang out on the beach with kids without shade!?
Be sure to go snorkling on the left side of the beach, turtle town! I meet plenty of turtles there every day, but be sure to go far left, you will see turist boats there every day, go there!
We did not eat anything at the resort as prices are very high....
Also very nice is the putting range by the pools, fun fun fun! Again free...
All in all it is a very nice place to stay a little out of town, but not too far....would come again!
- Also Known As:
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel
- Makena Beach And Golf Resort
- Makena Beach & Golf Hotel Makena
- Prince Hotel Maui
- Maui Prince Hotel
- Maui Prince
- Prince Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Prince Hotel
- Makena Beach & Golf Resort Maui
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 1,800 acres on Maui’s southern coast, the newly beautified resort, formerly known as the Maui Prince, offers updated guestrooms and suites complete with private lanais and ocean views, tennis club, convenience to Wailea Golf, an inviting white sand beach and a aloha-spirited staff; it is the Maui vacation you have been waiting to have. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Amex, Agoda, Olotels, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Makena Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.