“Best meal out I've had in a very long time.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best meal out I've had in a very long time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went here last night as we've just moved to the village and wanted to try our local!
The food was great.
I had Sirlion Steak, which I requested to be cooked medium, it was the best steak I've ever had and cooked to perfection. The chips were homemade and also cooked to perfection. My partner had Scallops for starter, which he thoroughly enjoyed, to follow he had the monkfish which was also cooked to perfection and the risotto that accompanied it was fantastic (his words). The service was great, everyone was very friendly and, although they were busy, they went out of their way to assist.
Was a very enjoyable 1st visit and we will definately be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Scotland
“superb lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had lunch here at the start of what was to be a good day out watching the local Inverness derby football match. Because of the work on the Kessock Bridge, my partner had worked out we would have a nice lunch out in North kessock before walking over the bridge to the football stadium.

I am so glad we did. The place looked a bit quiet (or possible closed from the outside) until we saw the lights on, and went in. Entering the lounge bar area we were quickly noticed by one of the waitresses who asked us to take a seat - despite quite a few other people having the same good idea as us, in the lounge bar areas, as well as others in the bar area on the other side, we were quickly brought menus (fantastic choice both for big proper lunch and smaller lighter bites lunchy stuff). The waitresses were very welcoming and we soon ordered from the lighter bites option. Yes, there was a wee wait for food, but given that the place was inundated, and the food that came was excellent - together with great service - what more can anyone want.

I had the smoked salmon sandwiches which came with chips and salad - great fresh salad - just the right size, and again just the right size of chip portion for lunch - fantastic crispy outside, fluffy inside chips clearly made on the premises, and the sandwich - well I am sure it contained a lot more smoked salmon that the price of the dish would have justified. Partner had similar prawn sandwich and chips which went down very well. Altogher a most excellent lunch at an excellent price - cuisine was brilliant and well worth visit. We have made a note and we'll certainly be back for another lunch and probably dinner later in the the year. The hotel is fantastically situated in North kessock, for those visiting the area, it would make a brilliant base for both going into Inverness and visiting the Black Isle. In the summer, this would make an excellent place for a lunch and sitting watching the dolphins and the views of the moray firth go by. Great friendly staff, spotless toilets and most excellent food at reasonable prices - would highly recommend. (and since our football team lost and we had to return walking over the bridge in horrid weather - this start to a day out definitely made our day much better and more memorable for the right reasons.!!!)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tain, United Kingdom
“Firth view restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The restaurant is very comfortable with the windows overlooking the Beauly Firth with Inverness nestling on the far bank. The staff are welcoming and courteous; the menu reflects locally obtained food freshly prepared and nothing is too much trouble. Recommended.

Visited June 2012
Buckie, United Kingdom
“A big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We came over the Kessock bridge and spun a coin for whether to go to the North Kessock Hotel for lunch or across to Cromarty. Big mistake - we went to North Kessock. The sausage and mash that I ordered was not too bad but the meals that my wife and daughter had we're appalling. My wife's fish and chips were very poor , the fish was tasteless and the batter was worse, the chips were definitely not home made but more the frozen variety. My daughter ordered chicken goujons they came nearly cremated, the accompanying coleslaw was definitely past it's best. My wife complained but the only apology was - oh! - I'll tell the chef.
NEVER AGAIN. - Cromarty next time

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Have dined here on a few occasions now and always willing to return. Great food, good selection and good service. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited December 2012