“Rip off !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of White Pine Cottages on Lake St. Peter

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake St. Peter
White Pine Cottages on Lake St. Peter
You added White Pine Cottages on Lake St. Peter to your Saves list
P.O. Box 143, Lake St. Peter, Ontario K0L 2K0, Canada   |
“Rip off !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked and paid with visa, unfortunately could not
Make it, called and was told I would be able to use the time paid for another time. We frequent the area so I thought that would be great. Called a month or so
Later and was informed I had no recourse and my money was gone. Liars an cheaters, avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed September 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I just got back from a week at White Pine Cottages and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. We had two cottages and both were impeccably kept, bright and clean. The new owners really went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect for us. Lake St. Peter is a true gem that's full of Smallies and Walleye! We didn't catch any Lakers, but one of our neighbours got one. Late evening was best. Can't wait to bring our sleds up this winter and give their trails a try.

Room Tip: Cottage 4 includes an additional small private deck right on the water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

After a few weeks in the USA, we met up with our Canadian cousins and spent 3 days at these cottages.

The views are beautiful. If you get up early enough and watch the lake mist burn back, you will be pleasantly rewarded with some spectacular scenery as it emerges from its misty cover.

There was plenty to do, kayaking, trail walking, swimming, fishing, BBQ, campfire and table tennis, to name but a few. We just relaxed with family and caught up with the gossip in the 3 days we were there.

We had fun watching the chipmunks scampering to and fro as they sought out their next titbit.
The only downside, being from the UK, was that we weren't aware of the midge/insect problem at that time of year and for whatever reason, them pesky critters, took a liking to our skin and had a whale of a feast.

If you want a getaway location, where you can relax and switch off and let the world go by, then this is it. The new owners made us very welcome and we thank them and our cousin for allowing us to set off a few fireworks to help celebrate our visit.

The cottages themselves had all the amenities you could ask for, namely private shower, toilet, fridge, cooker, microwave and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: bring plenty of food, your own bed linen and the bug repellant stuff.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had a fun and relaxing time in these cute, clean and well equipped rustic cottages. The cottages are 2 bedroom and 1bath that sleep up to 6 people with pull out sofas. You have your own bathroom and a well equipped kitchen. There are bbqs for each cottage as well and lots of patio chairs and tables. The lake is beautiful and quiet and the cottages have kayaks and canoes that are free for you to enjoy. The new owners are super nice and really want to make sure you enjoy your stay. We will definitely be returning. Thanks Kim for a great weekend.

Room Tip: Cottage 3 and 4 are closest to the beach area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I spent 3 nights here end of August with my 15yr old daughter and her friend. We loved this place! Jacquie (the owner) is friendly and kind. She brought us extra blankets knowing it was going to get a little cooler at night, offered us marshmallows in case we forgot and made sure the girls knew where everything was (outdoor games etc..)
This is a dog friendly resort and our dog had the best time playing with the owners great dane maggie and her two little doggies.
The cottage was very clean and lovely, you have your own outside furnished gazebo and bbq. Lake St. Peter is beautiful and quiet, I enjoyed the early morning kayaking. The girls liked the peddleboat, canoes and floating raft. Bonfires on the beach (wood provided) awesome!
Thanks Jacquie, we will be back one day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were four families n went there for 2 nights. The cottages are nice, clean n cozy, right on the lake. Everything about the place was good n clean. Owners were more than happy to give us boat, canoes and paddling boats at all time. I would totally recommend this place to my friends n family and would surely go there again. They have so many activities to do that you dont need to go outside at all!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Ok so I'd like to start with me saying that I have never been here before and this was my first stay at this cottage. I rent cabins and cottages ALL THE TIME both summer and winter and in the summer I take my Sea-Doo everywhere.

Me and a group of friends, 12 to be exact went to the Tall Pines rally race in Bancroft. My first impressions of the place is WOW what a great lake, then I went inside the cabin and incredible how clean, tidy, and great the inside was, washroom was really clean as well. I did meet the owner Jackie and talked to her actually several times and I have no clue where all the bad comments came from, she is a wonderful person, great help and fun to talk to. We were a group of 19-25 and usually were hated by most cottage and cabin owners but she knew my friends from before as they have been going here for the race for several years now. I really enjoyed her hospitality, shes very caring that she even turned on the heaters before we came at all the cabins to ensure its nice and warm when we arrived. She had only one rule which i think we should all respect was not to park in designated areas so the water lines to burst or freeze. I think this is by far the best cabin/cottage experience I've had and its because of the owner. I should mention that there is an Amazing bonfire setup there too with excellent hard wood so the fire keeps going for a long time.

I really recommend this place for anyone that's looking in the area and I say ignore any negative comments because something is clearly wrong ... you don't want to miss out on a great location, great service, and great experience.

If you see this Jackie, thank you, I really enjoyed myself there and As did my fellow friends and can not wait to book with you again for next year's Rally and I'm sure I'm going to come up a few times in the summer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to White Pine Cottages on Lake St. Peter? Share your experiences!