My girlfriend and I went for my birthday, as it is our tradition to travel somewhere for her's and mine each year. We have been to some of the best hotels in the world and this was our best vacation ever.
We felt like we had the entire resort and beach to ourselves, I believe they only accomodate something like 27 guests, so the staff outnumbers them, absolute paradise (Corona commercial comes to mind). The meals were all included in the room rate, and you could order whatever you desired that wasn't even on the menu. We sat at a private table by the beach for my birthday, accessable by a path of candles under the stars. The entire restaurant staff (including head chef, who signed my menu which I will frame) came out to sing "happy birthday" in Spanish.
We stayed for 4 nights, and were able to arrange at no charge horseback riding, mountain biking and a guided boat river tour.
Air-conditioned SUV airport service was also included, and the roads were surprisingly smooth, in good repair, and scenic.
The tiny negatives: Light-sleepers beware: the ocean waves crashing actually kept me awake somewhat, and we had trouble initially getting service at the pool or beach, though it was quickly resolved.
This is an absolutely indescribable experience for those that want to get away from it all and avoid the mega-resorts. We spent a lot but not once regretted it. We will remember Alamandas for the rest of our lives.
- Also Known As:
- Las Alamandas Hotel Quemaro
- Las Alamandas Quemaro
- Las Alamandas Mexico/Costalegre - Quemaro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Alamandas is Mexico’s beach hideaway extraordinaire in beautiful Costalegre. The secluded haven, located on the Pacific midway between Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo, offers it all: unsurpassed luxury, personalized hospitality, every recreational activity, and complete serenity on 1,500 acres of unspoiled tropical paradise. The newly remodeled suites are exceptionally spacious and exquisitely appointed. Gourmet cuisine is prepared with locally caught seafood and organic produce grown on-property. Massages and treatments are enjoyed in a spa pavilion by the sand. Every amenity and facility is available, from a swimming pool, fitness center and Kids Club to nature hikes, kayaking, horseback riding, tennis and surfing to a private 3,300-foot airstrip allowing guests to fly directly to the resort. Set within a pristine nature reserve, Las Alamandas boasts untouched white-sand beaches, numerous species of multi-colored birds and whales swimming along the island-studded coast. Operated like an intimate private estate, Las Alamandas is a vacation paradise for a relaxing getaway, a honeymoon or a family vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Las Alamandas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.