“Neither here, nor there...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Charm Romantic Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ste. Anne
Country Charm Romantic Resort
You added Country Charm Romantic Resort to your Saves list
Box 1071, Ste. Anne, Manitoba R5H 1C1, Canada   |
Red Deer, Canada
“Neither here, nor there...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I decided to meet here for a weekend while he was working in Manitoba. Being from Alberta (where we have stayed in fabulous cabins that were CHEAPER than here), I was excited to get some much needed rest and time as a couple.

The decor is dated. Our cabin was relatively clean, except for the Jaccuzzi tub. After filling it and black scummy water came out of the jets, we decided not to use it. The bed smelled clean, but bring your own pillows... the ones provided aren't the most comfortable!

The kitchen had enough of every tool, and a dishwasher was nice to have, since we didn't want to do dishes on 'vacation'. We decided to opt out of any 'extra's' for meals and made our own.

The 'complimentary dvds and games' were quite lacking.

We did have ALL the privacy we wanted, and felt looking out of the front cabin windows that we were the only cabin on the little lake. That was very nice. The property was very quiet which was also great.

The fireplace was great, but for the price of the room, we felt it would have been nice to have at least one firelog for each night, rather than just one for the four nights we were there.

We stayed in the very late fall/winter and thought that it would have been more to do in warmer weather. After chatting about it when we were leaving, we thought we might give the resort another go, but not in the winter.

It didn't blow us away (as we thought it would for the price), but it wasn't gross or disgusting either... it was just...well...average.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to plan a romantic get a way for one night and I found out about Country Charm Romantic Resort from the advertisement in a local restaurant bathroom. After reading some of the older reviews I was unsure of how our experience would hold up. Check in was very smooth and the lady was very friendly. She spent about 5 minutes to explain everything we needed to know about our stay. We stayed in cabin 7, the pool table room. Everything in our cabin was wonderful and made it seem like we were staying in a house. All rooms have a full kitchen with a mini freezer in the sun room. There were also many activities to do on the property. According to a poster on our door there is 800 rainbow trout in the man made lake which I found that hard to believe. In the office they had fish food to feed the fish but I didn't get the chance to pick up any food. They also had bikes and boats to try which I enjoyed a lot. There are also many paths, a basketball net, badminton net and fire places. I felt everything was excellent there and I enjoyed the pool table in our room. This was my first time being in a steam shower and I enjoyed that although I couldn't stay longer then 20 minutes in it. The Jacuzzi tub wasn't as enjoyable as other tubs I have been in, I enjoyed the steam shower more then the tub. All cabins have there own thermostat so you can have the room set for whatever your comfort level is. The place is now over 10 years old and the age is starting to show in the cabin. I think a few upgrade would make this place much better. The tv for example is an old style big screen, I would much prefer an HD flat screen. The love seat is also quite worn and a bit torn up. Also a blueray/dvd player would be much better then just a standard dvd player. Other then that it was a great get away. I will come back again one day down the road.

Room Tip: I am sure all cabins are great, just pick which special quality applies to you more.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband arranged everything for our 10th anniversary celebration. We arrived somewhat stressed after leaving the city a touch too late for construction and rush hour delays. We headed directly into our couples massage with Stephanie and Esther who soon calmed and relaxed us. Then we headed to Cabin #3 for a glass of wine and a walk around the grounds in perfect autumn weather. Our dinners...his steak and my crab crusted Arctic Char arrived promptly at 7. Although we had picked up a choice of 3 movies for our theatre room - I'll admit we were captivated by watching our hometown football team lose miserably on the big screen tv. Be that as it may....the grounds were beautiful. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the morning which was waiting for us in the fridge to warm up in the microwave. The cabin was perfect. Secluded and luxurious.

Room Tip: I believe all cabins would be equally inviting.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpicyLaura
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just returned from another wonderful get-away at Country Charms. We had visited about 8 yrs ago and had a great experience the first time. This time it was even better! The staff were friendly & attentive, and the cabin & the grounds were very clean & well looked after. They have added Day Spa services. I had the paraffin wax treatment on my hands & feet & it was heavenly and very reasonably priced. We also had the romantic dinner for 2 which was delivered & presented very well. My husband ordered a medium rare steak and it was done to perfection. I had stuffed salmon and it was also very good. One other thing we were very pleased with was along with the ample portions, they served a large serving of a steamed vegetable medley as well as the salad. The meal was topped off with a large serving of chocolate cheese cake & a slice of raspberry/ lemon torte. We definitely will recommend this to our friends & family, and look forward to future visits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Katy D
Winkler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

having stayed at country charm for our 25th-the decision to return was a no brainer! great friendly staff -a great spotless cabin- the peaceful setting made for a most wonderful stay and the kingsize bed just beckons a great nites sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Burt D
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and i spent valentines day at the resort. We enjoyed the peace and quiet and we will be back

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jasonrey2033
Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Depending on the time of year, and the nature of your visit, there may be little or lots to do outdoors. I say, for the money you're better off to rent a hotel room. Much cheaper, and higher standards.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Calder House B&B
Calder House B&B
#1 of 2 in La Broquerie
5.0 of 5 stars 22 reviews

Been to Country Charm Romantic Resort? Share your experiences!