“wonderful people wonderful Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Long Island
Beijing, China
“wonderful people wonderful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

i stayed in the resort for 3 night, very lovely sea view and location of the resort, great style of decoration, and the host Hance and Shavonne are very nice people!!!!they can help you even making a wonderful plan (cus i was kind of going there and had no idea what i was going to do...).they will tell you where u can rent a car, where to go diving, they even drive u to the places with no charge ate all.And the people they present for me, such as place to eat, rente car and sea tour, they are also very good!!!one thing to know: all the meal (breakfast,lunch,diner)has to be ordered the day before, but the first day when i arrived(cuz i didn't even booked the resort, i just got off the plan and knocked the door), they figured out for me.breakfast is made at morning in the kitchen, the girl Stan, who makes the bf, is a very lovely lady also! and the resort has a kayak, you can use it freely. Ah, and one night, i didn't go out for dinner, Shavonne's mom send me over some soup, i was moved... and anyway, i am a person who is always have a high request of the hotels, i loved the"Gems@paradaise". it dose make me feel good!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Gems P, Owner at Gems At Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing our hospitality and level of service. We are pleased to have provided you with a strong level of comfort for your first Out Island experience and made your journey memorable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lincoln, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at Gems for four nights and couldn't have been treated better. Shavonne and Hans provided us with valuable information about the island, restaurants, places to visit--but even more important, with hospitality. They did everything possible to make our stay comfortable, relaxing and fun.

We ordered New Years eve dinner through Shavonne, prepared by Stan, a Bahamian chef, who did a terrific job. Two of us had lobster and two had grouper, "smothered" with tomatoes and onion. The meals were delicious. Our friends had breakfast each morning, prepared by Stan, and were very pleased.

The only inconveniences were minor: the water went hot and cold somewhat sporadically (we heard that was true throughout the Island), and the internet is dependent on Island service, which can sometimes be down.

This area of Long Island is 50 miles south of the tourist area, around Stella Maris, where there are two resorts. Though we drove up there for scuba diving, we were happy with the laid back peace, quiet and beautiful beaches in the Clarence Town area. This hotel is also very close to Dean's Blue Hole, a 663 foot blue hole, the deepest in the world. You can snorkel or dive it; both are beautiful!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gems P, Owner at Gems At Paradise Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed our hospitality and look forward to providing an even better Long Island experience your next visit!
Boynton Beach, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Gems is a charming boutique hotel where my wife and I enjoyed a romantic retreat and had some real adventures with sea turtles and stingrays just offshore. On the drive from the quaint airport passing little 'settlements' as they can't be called towns we were not expecting the fantastic view when driving up to Gems nor the great accommodations and friendly service for such a reasonable rate. The FREE wifi, movies and games was an added bonus! We felt like we had rented our own beach mansion for the weekend. My wife and I had booked the jr suite for a weekend and literally had the run of the house. Although we had a full kitchen in the suite we ordered the meal plan and let me tell you Stan can cook! My wife is a fussy eater and she adjusted Bahamian recipes just to suit her. I didn't realize there could be such variety to prepare seafood Bahamian style. To top it off Shavonne, one of the owners prepared a guava molten chocolate cake that was to die for. Hance hooked us up with some snorkeling gear and took us over to an isolated cay just in front of Gems... it was amazing the fish, turtles and conch we saw. When we got back to the hotel there were books we could check out to identify the fish seen. We enjoyed our stay so much we stayed over another day just to get a chance to see more of the island and plan to come back soon. Tips: rent a car to explore as the road is long and rates are really good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Gems and look forward to a repeat visit!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was intrigued by a business card of Gems I got from a friend with a girl catching a fish in water so clear it looked transparent and the photo did not look as if it had been touched up. When I got to Gems I had to see if this was true and the first thing I did after checking in was to put my feet in the water. I could actually see the freckles on my feet! My wonder did not stop there. The rooms were very tastefully done, kept super clean and I woke up each day refreshed and ready to explore. The Long Island people are so genuinely friendly. Whenever I asked Shavonne questions before heading out each day she or Hance were founts of information on the history and culture of the island, the best beaches and hang outs. When they assured me my first drive out that should I not find where I was looking for to ask anyone and they would help, it was true. People were always willing to chat and help and made me feel like I'd known them forever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us.
Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Gems is a perfect get-away resort for rest and relaxation nestled away from the local traffic. At Gems you can relax in comfort with the all the amenities of home. The ocean breeze is constant and the beautiful sea with its aguamarine colour helps to create a relaxed atmosphere. You can sit on your veranda, the beach or by the ocean and just bathed in the beauty of God's creation.

We will definitely be visiting Gems at Paradise next year and hope to make it one of our yearly spots for relaxation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gems P, Owner at Gems At Paradise Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are pleased you have decided to return to Gems and are already considering a return visit. Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience.
Freeport, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Came to Gems on business - exceeded my expectations - comfortable setting - spectacular - on morning walks, amazing to see a flock of flamingoes in the natural environment past the entrance of Gems. Truly enjoyed the stay which was very quiet and secluded. The attendant, Hance was extremely helpful and any request made was handled promptly. You can custom design a meal of choice. Prices very reasonable. I stayed in the penthouse condos - the view was spectacular and fully equipped with all the amenities of home. would highly recommend this condo as a room choice

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gems P, Owner at Gems At Paradise Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable experience at Gems!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I spent nearly two weeks at Gems. This was our second visit to the resort. We loved the water and the friendliness of Shavonne and her husband so much, that we decided to come for another visit. The views were still amazing and the rooms were very clean. The toiletries provided in the bathroom were the same brands that I use at home which was very welcome. Whenever we needed anything, Shavonne was very accomodating. Last time that we stayed at Gems, we ate at some of the restaurants by the Marina. This time, Shavonne mentioned that we could order food from Gems, which was very convenient. The food was excellent!!! We had chicken souse and johnny cake one day and another time we had steamed lobster. I can't say enough about how good the food was. I highly recommend ordering food from Gems.

For a little fun, we rented a buggy from Unique Wheels and had a blast. The rental fee was very affordable and we were allowed to keep the buggy for 24 hours. We also used the kayaks at Gems and went swimming most of the time. We had such a wonderful time again, that we will definitely be returning again next year.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms have amazing views. All of the rooms are quiet and provide a lot of sunlight.