We recently returned from our first trip to Stella Maris resort. We stayed in the Rainbow House. The whole property at the resort is very well maintained, landscaped, clean, and quiet. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. We will definately go again. We had a hard time deciding whether to stay on the rocky Atlantic side at Stella Maris or on the calm Carribean side at Cape Santa Maria resort. We visited Cape Santa Maria resort one day for lunch/beach, and although it is very beautiful there, there is nothing to do other than stare at blue water. We made the right decision staying at Stella Maris resort, as there was always a breeze, crashing of waves, and large property. We rented a car and visited Deans Blue hole and also found a beautiful secret beach down a long isolated road near Clarence town. We had our two teenage kids with us and they loved the resort as well. Only recommendation is that the gift shop could have some snack/drinks for purchase so that guests could keep these in their rooms. Beautiful resort, highly recommended, will return. Food was awesome as was the pizza delivered to the room. Spring for Rainbow House if you have large group, huge home with private gazebo and infinity pool. The resort recommended an excursion to Sandy Cay....this is a MUST and is the most beautiful place in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stella Maris Resort Club, a 2014 Certificate of Excellence recipient is located on a tranquil island, where nature abounds, where the ocean and beaches are at their best, with an unhurried pace of life and with islanders, much known for their old-fashioned hospitality and friendliness.We are an intimate out island style resort, offering a wide range of tropical accommodations, from panoramic ocean view rooms to appealing four bedroom water front villas. Food is great, as is casual evening fun. Many activities are free of charge. We can even fly you here from your international Bahamas airport hub. It's a place for anyone who seeks to get away from every-day's stress, who loves nature, who loves being at and in the water. From singles to couples, from families to small groups. And there is no better place for a romantic island wedding, barefoot or elegant, or for celebrating your anniversary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Stella Maris Resort Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stella Maris Resort Club Hotel Long Island
- Stella Maris Hotel
- Stella Maris Resort Club Long Island, Bahamas