Cape Santa Maria is a Magical Paradise that everyone needs to visit. We arrived at the Stella Maris Airport on Long Island, Bahamas and the island warmth hit our faces. As we traveled down an island road with mangroves on either side, thinking where are we and we need a drink. Suddenly we arrived at Cape Santa Maria and the view of this Magical Paradise welcomed us along with Neal Henning (General Manager). Neal and Wanda are the most gracious and fun people to be around always making you feel so welcome and making sure you are having a great time. We settled in and took our first walk down the boardwalk that runs the entire length of the resort. What a beautiful site to see the aqua water right in front of our Villa. The clouds reflected the aqua color beneath them and the sun was settling down and it looked like fire on the water. The beach is the best in the world and the water is always calm due to its location on the leeward side of the island. The bar was so inviting and open air, we ordered our first Pina Colada and Conch fritters. We looked at each other and said, wow what an amazing place, upstairs was this beautiful dining room where we had our first delicious meal watching the sun set into the ocean. Tired from travel, we went back to our room. This Villa was the most beautiful spacious place to stay and the bed was so inviting and comfortable. Viewing the ocean from every part of the Villa was amazing. A wonderful breakfast and staff awaited us every morning in the dining room… and at lunch and dinner as well. Got a great fishing hat in the gift shop where it was fun to shop and buy some souvenirs. Snorkel and masks were available to use during our stay. We had the best time swimming up and down the Cape. Rafts were fun for floating in the calm waters. The kayak for two was so much fun paddling around the island into the shallow water of the mangroves. Through the glass bottom we could see marine life including bonefish and Upside-down Jellyfish. We took the Hobie sailboat out and it was fun and relaxing. One of our highlights was fishing with Captain Bonefish Burt, he made this experience a great one, catching 13 bonefish and about 8 other types of fish. Burt knew where to find the fish. We were so busy having fun, no TV needed here or phones or computers. Relaxing in the Gazebo right outside our room was all you needed for entertainment. This was our first vacation in many years and it was the best time ever. It is a must “go to” for everyone for total fun, relaxation, meeting wonderful people and great food. Renting a car was another great experience as we tried to remember to drive on the left side of the road. Visiting Adderley’s Plantation ruins, Max’s Conch bar, swimming in Dean’s 663 ft. deep blue hole and the tip of the island to the Columbus memorial (viewing the ocean from the cliff) were all added enjoyment to our trip. We didn’t want to leave the Cape because it seemed to take you away from all the negative things that try to invade your life. Thank you Neal and Wanda and all your staff for making our trip such a Magical Time and we will be back. We need to stay longer next time so we can enjoy the paddle boarding and deep sea fishing and the many other activities to do at Cape Santa Maria.
Cheers from the Great Smoky Mountains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas