We did our research before we arrived so we already knew many of the places we wanted to explore on our own (not as a tour) and the staff worked with us to make it happen. Depending on your energy and fitness level there are many options. We chose to take advantage of the free use of bikes and spent several days exploring/ snorkeling/ shelling and collecting sea glass on our own. We also teamed up with another couple staying at CSM and shared a day renting a car and traveling to the blue hole and eating at Max's among our stops.
The BEACH-as advertised it breath taking and well cared for...we saw them rake it free of seaweed each morning at dawn. Never a piece of trash in sight.
The FOOD- we stayed a week and loved every meal! We picked the breakfast /dinner option and were stuffed by the large portions. Most dinners were more then I could eat in one sitting and they were willing to wrap up my leftovers and reheat them for me the next day for lunch. I did this most days and still gained 3 pounds! While the food was delicious by the end of the week I would have welcomed a few more options.
PICNIC LUNCH-We did take advantage of the picnic lunch one day when we planned a long bike adventure and it was perfect. Two sandwiches /two drinks/two large slices of banana bread/ fruit and a chocolate bar. They packed it in a cooler (with napkins and ice) and it fit perfectly in the front of the basket on the bike. The entire lunch was less then $20 and well worth it!
The BAR and Food STAFF- were outgoing and extremely accommodating while still professional once we encouraged conversation. We felt like we were leaving friends by the end of the week. Especially Maxine and Neil.
The DESK STAFF- very polite, I think they don't want to seem intrusive...but we found them to be very warm and friendly once we initiated conversation. They greeted us with smiles each morning and asked what they could do to help us with our many excursions.
The SNORKELING -there is not a lot to see right off the beach...just beautiful sand and a few shells. But if you go to the south end of the beach ( a very long walk or 10 minute bike ride or 20 minute paddle by kayak) the underwater sea life is plentiful and free. We saw beautiful purple sea fans and bright colored fish just feet from the shore where the sand ends and Rocky Point .
We did a few CSM sponsored day trips but equally enjoyed exploring on our own with the direction and advise from people who live local or repeat vacationers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Untouched... Undiscovered... Barefoot elegance in a Caribbean paradise. Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is unlike any place you have ever experienced. Mile after mile of silky-fine sandy beach melts into the warm turquoise water. With twenty bungalows and a handful of villas steps from the most beautiful beach in the Bahamas, an escape to Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort is an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Hotel Long Island
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort And Villas
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Hotel
- Cape Santa Maria Beach Resort & Villas Long Island, Bahamas