“Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of C Shells Guest Quarters

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Long Island
C Shells Guest Quarters
You added C Shells Guest Quarters to your Saves list
C Shells Drive, DC 30736, Long Island   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We traveled with our friends Harry and Tif (Bob & Carol) and completely trusted their recommendations. Wow, what a great trip! Of course, having C Shells as our home base made the beginning and end of every day perfect. Not just the accommodations, but the personable and hospitable owners (Cheryl and Jorge) make you want to come back soon. In fact, we may house-sit for them the next time they travel!!
It's small and intimate, so that you can have solitude if you want it, but you can stir it up with the owners and other guests also. Beautiful island, crazy blue water, friendly people and beaches with no one else around.....amen. Rusty and Lisa (Ted & Alice)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
North Tonawanda NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I spent a week which went far too quickly here in February.
I read an article about Long Island many years ago. It wasn't until last year that I decided to check out accommodations. We like quiet, intimate accommodations on islands that not many explore or ever even know of and C Shells seemed perfect.
I began correspondence with Cheryl last April and I am glad I started early. This is a popular guest house which fills up fast and getting a reservation is difficult because it is so perfect.
I was able to stay in touch with Cheryl via email from the time of our reservation until the day before departure. It was nice to be in touch with an owner who cares so much about her guests.
We rented a car from Ophelia's and I corresponded with Mr. Winston Major. He met us at Long Island's airport at Deadman's Cay and off we were. As previously written, you need cash here. This includes the rental of the car, the accommodations, and other transactions you will be making.
We arrived and Cheryl was there to greet us. She is even more lovely when you finally get meet her. She is beautiful!
She led us to our accommodation, which was even lovelier than pictured. There is a lovely back and front patio. The unit was neat and well-equipped with a coffeemaker, microwave, fridge, stove, toaster, and cooking utensils. Some have been so kind to leave behind spices and such from their stay here. We brought just about everything here, including some meat, and purchased perishables at the local grocery stores-one of which is ..4 miles and the other 1.5 miles away.
Everything is expensive here, so bring what you can. The mail boat comes in Wednesday with fresh groceries and there is a farmer's market on Saturday mornings, which we did not get to experience.
The property at C Shells is lovely. Cheryl has quite the green thumb and works tirelessly at maintaining the property. The beach is a bit rocky, but calm and provides wonderful opportunities for swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, and just relaxing. The sunsets are drop dead gorgeous. It is great to socialize with fellow travelers at the beach and recall the activities of the day. We were fortunate to meet up with Chris and Paul, who come here annually and stay a while. They were so helpful and kind. And, as a full-time and really, life-long resident of Long Island, Cheryl knows everything there is to know about the island. Her help was priceless and led to our having many activities to keep us busy throughout the week.
A car is essential. The sights and beaches on both the Atlantic and Caribbean sides are right up there with the best in the Caribbean. Do go to Gordon's, Deals, Welk Cay, Dean's and stop anywhere you see a road going off the main one and you will have a multitude of uninhabited beaches to choose from.
We were fortunate to meet Cheryl's nephew upon our first full day here and get some fresh fish and lobster tails which were the largest I have ever seen!
One cannot say enough about the people. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and will always say hello. It is also very safe here. No crime or worries.
My husband and I have travelled to most of the Caribbean islands and experienced a lot of travel abroad. Eventually, I would like to retire in the Caribbean. I think I have found my paradise. This is the place to settle. I will be searching for housing/property here.
Thank you, Cheryl, for the most amazing week. I wish I could have stayed longer. You are an awesome person and we cannot wait to return in 2015!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Miesbach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We spent 5 days on Long Island and were so glad we chose the C Shells. It is an absolutely beautiful place, great location (wonderful sunsets), close enough to walk to any store in Salt Pond. The house is very clean, the garden is beautiful, Cheryl, the host, is absolutely lovely and was so helpful, we couldn't have been any luckier. If we go back to Long Island, we definitely will stay at C Shells again. Thank you Cheryl for offering such a good place to stay. We loved it!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were not sure about what to expect in vacationing in Long Island and staying at C Shells. We had read the reviews of peoples experiences but of course, not everyone's experiences will all be as great as they say. It ended up that our 8 days at C Shells far exceeded what those other reviews said and Long Island is the type of place that we love to look for. Quiet and relaxing. Cheryl is a sweetheart and the Guest Quarters is the perfect little headquarters to explore and experience the island. The people of Long Island are so hospitable, friendly and polite. We can't wait for next year to return. It's going to be real hard to stay away until then.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I spent our 7 day honeymoon at C Shells and loved every minute of it. Upon arriving Cheryl came out to greet us and give use some info on the location and the island. She is one of the sweetest people we'd ever met and her desire for her guests to be comfortable and have a great time is unmatched. She was available if we needed something but she never hovered. We felt like the property was our own private getaway the rest of the time.

The property is located in an ideal spot half way between the north and south ends of the island. There are 2 grocery stores only a short drive away as well as a gas station. The apartments are clean and modern with all the comforts of home. We used the kitchenette every day to make most of our meals. It's so nice being able to make something and not have to eat out every meal of the day. Cheryl has made her property a small paradise within a larger paradise. There are beautiful flowers and trees to look at, several hammocks for lounging in the shade or reading while enjoying the tropical breezes. The beach is about 100 steps away from the back door of the apartments and is perfect for catching some sun and watching sunsets. She also has a two person kayak that you can borrow to explore the nearby cays.

C Shells is a great value! We paid less for a week with Cheryl than you could for a week at a 2 star hotel airport. Cheryl even arranged for our rental car and for us to be picked up from the airport when we arrived.

A few things to note. You need a rental car if you want to do anything on the island besides relax in Cheryl's hammocks. The island is about 80 miles long and there are things to do spread out over most of it. Walking or biking just won't cut it. Bring lots of cash or be able to get it from the banks. Fishing guides, rental cars and small shops on the island mostly take cash. It is cheaper for the guests so they don't have to pay for service charges and it's easier for the business people.

This was the best trip we've ever had and we can't wait to go again and stay with Cheryl at C Shells. Thank you Cheryl!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CShellsGuestQuarters, Owner at C Shells Guest Quarters, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at C Shells and for the kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to having you with us again at some point. Best wishes for 2014.
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We spent 17 days at C SHELLS GUEST QUARTERS and we could know the place. The resort is clean, well organized and very peaceful. Very good value for money. But there is something more, a caring and thoughtful attitude which is not easy to find elsewhere. You can perceive that from the very moment you get into the room. There are cold drinks waiting for you in the fridge, to quench your thirst at the arrival; there are cooling bags to keep your water cold and plastic wraps to protect your sandwiches, in case you want to spend the day outside; there are plenty of bath towels and bed sheets; plenty of kitchenware, just to mention a few.
And there is Cheryl, the owner, a person of good will, nice to people, somebody you can have a talk with, somebody you can rely on. Generally speaking, there is kind of an agreement between the hotel and you: the hotel is responsible for the accommodation, any other trouble is your trouble and keep it for yourself. Sometimes it happens that your problem comes to the hotel knowledge (e.g., when you don’t have any bags because they were lost). In this case, the hotel sympathizes with you, but the trouble is totally yours and you have to deal with it. Cheryl is different, she really wants to help and she gets immediately into action to solve your troubles, providing you with very practical solutions. She will really go the extra mile to assist you. It is hospitality with help and assistance included, a rare merchandise nowadays. The only guest who could not feel at home would be the one who would dare to smoke inside the room.

Piero and Giovanna Anichini, Firenze, Italy

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad that everything worked out in the end with your luggage. Thank you so much for your compliments. We enjoyed having you here with us and want to thank you for choosing C Shells as your home FAR away from home. We really try our best to make our guests comfortable and at ease here on the island.
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

C shells is the perfect place to stay if you like quiet, secluded and crystal-clear-water beach.
I stayed here for 3 days. I was the only one swimming in the water during my stay.
The beach is right in front of the property so I didn't need to take a towel to the beach .I just went straight back to my unit to take shower.
There are some chairs, beach chairs and hammock on the beach.
I also did snorkeling right next to the beach. I saw a lot of different kinds of fish only 2 or 3 feet from the bottom of the water. You don't need any gears for snorkeling if you have a good vision.

I asked many questions to Cheryl before my trip because there is not enough information about the island online. She responded quickly and gave me helpful answers. That made me very comfortable before visiting the island.
While my stay she took good care of me and my boyfriend.

Three days were too short...
I will stay at C shells again when I go back to Long Island, Bahamas.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to C Shells Guest Quarters? Share your experiences!