We had truly the best vacation we have ever had in the Bahamas. Harbour Island is beautiful, the people are lovely, and
the Red Apple may not be directly on the beach, but it is very close. This was our first time staying on Harbour Island, but we will be back. The Red Apple was great. The hosts Rosita, Garnell and Stephanie could not have been nicer or more accomodating. The room was immaculate, and fresh flowers every day. We had clean towels and housekeeping every day. We rented a golf cart which I would reccomend, as the island is small, but there is a lot to see and do. We did walk to dinner, and on the beach every day, but the golf cart was great.
The proximity to The Ramora Bay Club is within walking distance
and had lunch and sunsets there several times. We even became friends with the beautiful parrot "Goldie" who greets everyone at the Ramora Bay bar and restaurant on the water. However, the best dining we enjoyed was at "Ma Ruby's" just about 2 1/2 blocks away. Every night the chef cooks a speciality of either lobster, conch, and Bahamian cuisine, and every night it was better than the last.
I would also try to have a "Sip Sip" drink and take it down to the beach as that luncheon spot is open from 11-4pm daily.
We will submit new pictures of The Red Apple as well as a few others.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Apple b&b
- Sugar Apple Hotel
- Sugar Apple Hotel Harbour Island
- Sugar Apple Bed And Breakfast Bahamas/Harbour Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Bahamian hospitality, intimate and tropical accommodation. Combined with the Best brewed coffee and banana nut bread located Dunmore Town, Harbour Island. Which creates a relaxing, cozy, comfortable, friendly and welcoming atmosphere at The Sugar Apple Bed and Breakfast. Come and explore the three to five minutes footpath to the famous Pink Sand beach. Have a delightful taste of our four tropical fully furnished suites. Come and relaxed in the comfort of air conditioning, cable television, private bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, spacious living and dining areas. The Sugar Apple B & B is perfect for families, honeymooners, business men, boaters, pilots, vacationers and hosting guest. Wake up to the aromas of Rosie's signature Banana Nut bread and Joe's freshly brewed Kenyan Coffee. At the Sugar Apple Bed and Breakfast, the only original Bed and breakfast on Harbour Island that promises you a truly unforgettable hideaway an a unmatched level of service awaits you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Sugar Apple Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.