This is an absolutely beautiful property on a one-of-a kind tropical island. We stayed in the Reef Room, which is large and comfortable and features a separate bedroom, living room, and walk in closet. Bedding, linens, and towels were 5-star quality. Housekeeping service twice a day was impeccable. Generally, the level of service exceeds any property including Ritz Carlton and others known for their service excellence. The owner, Don Purdy, is a highly-involved owner/manager. He is warm and goes out of his way to get to know each guest. The executive chef, Jenny, learns each guest's culinary preferences and prepares some of the absolute best cuisine on this island which is already full of amazing chefs. Daytime staff members Marva and Flo greet each guest by name each morning and have their breakfast of choice down by Day 2. General Manager Eric has an amazing memory of each guest's name, tastes, and special requests. My husband's single off-hand comment that he wanted a piece of Jenny's key lime pie resulted in Eric appearing at our room at 10:30pm to leave a piece of pie and a nice note for us. He also "rescued" us from the second half of our vacation when we moved to another resort and found it not to be as it was marketed (heavily!). One call to Eric and we were promptly back at the Rock House in our original room with a welcoming dinner at the best table in the house reserved for us. The remaining four days were as magical as the first thanks to the entire staff, especially Don, Eric, Flo, and Marva. If you are reading this review and are thinking about a stay at the Rock House, don't hesitate, book it. This hotel is really a home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Bahamas/Harbour Island