My wife and I recently learned of the Rock House from one of her co-workers. Frankly neither of us had even heard of Harbor Island before this vacation. I am almost reluctant to write this review since I don't want this best kept secret to get out, but this vacation was truly paradise.
The hotel was extraordinary and exceeded every one of our expectations, and believe you me we are extremely picky New Yorkers! The staff was courteous and attentive and went above and beyond to ensure the success of our vacation. We no longer consider Don, Eric, Marva and Flo the Rock House personnel, but rather they are now our friends! The food was as good as, if not better, than some of the finest restaurants I have eaten at in New York and throughout the world. Our room as immaculate and every courtesy was provided even before we asked. And of course there is no beating the Pink Sands beach and the aqua marine waters of the Bahamas! Wow is the only word I can use to describe the experience.
The people on the island were just as friendly and my wife and I marveled at how often complete strangers waved hello or simply smiled and said "good day" without prompting; certainly not the streets of NYC.
Every aspect of this trip was impeccable and I would rate it 5 stars+ if I could. We will certainly be back and had a hard time leaving the island and our new found friends! So...stay away from my new favorite destination so I will still be able to make reservations in the future! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rock House is a luxury 10 room boutique hotel on Harbour Island, Bahamas. Our fine dining restaurant has one of the best sunset views of the bay. Personal service and unmatched attention to every detail.Rock House has been a vibrant and colourful feature of the Harbour Island landscape since the early 1940's. Originally a private home, then a Bed and Breakfast and for many years a rental property, Rock House today has evolved to become the standard for elegance, island sophistication and superior service. Fodor's Choice, Condé Nast, Travel & Leisure and Tripadvisor award winner.In July 2002, Rock House caught the interest of the well-known South Florida builder J. Wallace Tutt III. Tutt and business partner Don Purdy, who had already created the successful Hotel Impala in South Beach and worked on commissions for Cher and the late Gianni Versace, had a vision of transforming the property into a luxury boutique hotel. The bar and dining experience at Rock House warrant special and distinct mention offering fine dining under the stars on the pool patio, at our select Chef's Table or on the Terrace overlooking the bay - you can be assured of the perfect cocktail, a superb wine list and delectable menu choices, all served by an attentive yet unobtrusive staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Rock House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rock House Hotel Harbour Island
- Rock Hotel Harbor Island
- Rock House Bahamas/Harbour Island