“Positive Experiences with Valentines” 5 of 5 stars

242 333-2080
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A PADI Dive Center offering scuba diving,dive training,snorkelling,watersports,boat charters and cruises.
Haiku, Hawaii
5 attraction reviews
“Positive Experiences with Valentines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I recently went with Valentine's on two separate outings: a snorkeling trip and scuba diving trip. Both were professionally run. The locations were well selected. The trip leaders handled experts and novices very well. I would use Valentine's again. George, one of the owners, takes customer service very seriously. It appears that some negative reviews are from the period before he and his partner took over.

Visited June 2013

“Great dive shop, amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have recently returned from a wonderful stay on Harbour Island. We used the services at Valentine's Dive Center a few times during our stay. My husband, 18 year old daughter, 14 years son and I went on one of Valentine's snorkeling trips. The staff were very informative, and we really enjoyed having George (owner) join us. We saw a lot of great sea life, and were very excited to get an email that night from George, of photos he had taken. Excellent photography. Our children also did the resort diving course, which gave them a really good taste for diving. So much so, that they now want to get their certification. We also rented snorkeling gear on another day. Their equipment is in great shape. Something else that I need to mention is the fine customer service of the lovely Francine in the Dive shop. She was so helpful, and it was very nice to just drop by to have a chat with her. The shop is loaded with all kinds of great stuff, and we couldn't leave
without some t-shirts that are being worn proudly in Florida already. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Oceanic7, Owner at Valentine's Dive Center, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Hi,

Thankyou for the positive review.Our team is focused on good Customer service and we appreciate families like yours that are out to enjoy our beautiful ocean and when you have a good time are kind enough to share your experience about Valentines Dive with others.
Hope we see you again!
My best,
George Gross
Clearwater, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Snorkle trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We did a snorkel trip out of Valentine's while visiting HI. The staff was friendly and the ride out to the reef was nice. Overall the trip was good and we have a gopro so got some good video/shots of different marine life, however HI in my opinion isn't the best place for snorkeling. So much of the coral is dead from tropical storms going through the area.

Visited May 2013
North Little Rock, AR
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went diving with Valentine's Dive Center in late April 2013. I was traveling alone, and Francine at the dive shop was especially helpful in emails prior to my arrival. The weather was going downhill the day of the dive, and everyone at the shop was careful to advise divers of what conditions to expect. We ended up with 10 divers for the morning 2 tank dive. They added additional crew to assist the divers and break into smaller groups for the dives. One diver who was also traveling solo, was in his late 60s or early 70s and somewhat infirm. I was very impressed with the crew's treatment of this diver's special needs. They helped him get in his wetsuit and let him dive with his own divermaster to go at his own pace. It was a pleasure diving with such friendly professionals. Due to conditions, we did a shallow wreck dive and a shallow reef dive, both of which were great. I highly recommend this dive operation and can't wait to dive with them again.

Visited April 2013
Oceanic7, Owner at Valentine's Dive Center, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi,

Thankyou for sharing your thoughts on the dive trip .I appreciate it.The team should be proud of themselves for the superior service provided and it does reflect our attitude of caring for our Customers!

My best,

George Gross
“Mom & Teenaged daughter snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our snorkel expedition with Valentine's. They had cancelled the day before (called my cell twice and left a voicemail, which even though I wasn't able to retrieve it, showed on my phone) due to under-subscription, but were happy to keep us on the list for the following day, when they had more than enough. We showed up on time, were greeted warmly by Shane, and took off for calm waters and sea critters, which we found in abundance. When I had a little trouble with my mask, not one, but three, members of the Valentine's 'family' (mom, son, and boat captain) showed an interest in resolving the issue. And while it wasn't perfect, I did feel looked after and valued as a customer, which counts a LOT in the service industry. My daughter also had some nasty sun poisoing and Francine directed us to the best place to buy Benadryl. After our trip today, I can say with 100% assurance that I would return to Harbour Island AND seek out Shane, George & Francine again.

Visited April 2013