Here we are, sitting on our verandah, on the last night of our short, week-long stay at the Sea-U Guesthouse, and I just have to post this while the experience is fresh. We have traveled often in the Caribbean, mostly staying at all-inclusive resorts, but this is our first foray into the land of guesthouses. It's doubtful anything will live up to this. The Sea-U Guesthouse provides an unforgettable, relaxing and peaceful experience. You can tell the owner, Uschi, was a travel writer, because she knows exactly what her guests would need and desire during their stay. Nothing has been neglected, from delicious, local items for breakfast to get your day going--included, to a rental car that comes with your room, to dinners served family-style with new friends from around the world served in the intimate, outdoor, tropical dining hall, to the friendly and very-efficient staff--in the background, hardly noticed, and yet there at your beck and call, to the hammocks--I had no idea they would be as wonderful and tranquil as everyone in the reviews said. We've discovered heaven in Barbados and will be hard-pressed to find anything like this again. Thank you for a very memorable vacation. Rarely, have I left for home feeling this refreshed, renewed and relaxed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic and affordable bed & breakfast at the lush east coast.Sea-U is tucked within a lush tropical garden along the seaside slopes of the village of Bathsheba on the east coast of Barbados, the most natural side of the island. Here you can enjoy unspoiled beaches, breathtaking views and mingle with locals. Uschi Wetzels, owner and manager and fell in love with Bathsheba and its friendly people, while working on a Barbados travel guide for a German editor.With hammocks strung between coconut palms, the Atlantic Ocean waves breaking against massive limestone boulders. Sea-U is a place for those who are looking for a decidedly significant change of pace from a busy life.The main house and the cottage are built in a traditional island style out of wood with large patios. The 9 rooms are decorated with mahogany furniture, louver window treatments, rattan chairs, locally handcrafted clay lamps and batik art. Sea-Us welcoming staff provides knowledgeable information.The atmosphere is relaxed, and guests quickly become friends. Green globe certified, close to Andromeda Botanical Gardens and world class surfing at Soup bowl. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick and Odigeo so you can book your Sea-U Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea-u Guest House Hotel Bathsheba
- Sea-U Guest House Barbados/Bathsheba