What did we most enjoy about the Atlantis?
1) The four ocean front rooms on the second floor have French doors that open to a spectacular ocean view and a steady, pleasant breeze off the Atlantic.
2) The restaurant food was top quality with friendly service. Worth the trip just for the food and the view from the restaurant.
3) The scenery: This coast of the island has surf, rock formations and some great hiking along the coast.
4) The warm hospitality: hotel staff were friendly, helpful and treated us very well.
Tips: 1) Bathsheba, popular with surfers, is a 5 minute walk along the ocean to the north. Martins Bay beach and Bath beach park (calmer water, bathroom and showers) can be hiked along the ocean to the south. The hike from the hotel to Martins Bay is especially scenic and not to be missed if you like hiking. The trail south may be blazed if an organized tour has been through recently, otherwise the path may duck through trees but always stays within a stone's throw of the ocean (see attached photos). If you start to hike up hill, you most likely are off course. The path is easiest to find by driving to Bath and hiking back up
2) GPS when driving on this side of the island doesn't indicate all the turns, but will tell you once you miss a turn and go off course. We found it better to backtrack and get back on the original route rather than take the GPS recalculated route.
No hesitation recommending the Atlantis and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Views to die for, located on the rugged east coast of Barbados - ideal for those who wish to get away from it all - a good book - good company - small and friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Atlantis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Hotel Bathsheba
- The Atlantis Hotel Barbados/Bathsheba