“Anniversary Treat ...!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Bathsheba
Essex, UK
“Anniversary Treat ...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We know Barbados very well and during this trip we were treated to a night's stay at the Atlantis Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We have visited Bathsheba many times over the years but have never had the opportunity of staying the night. Such beautiful lush scenery and a nice change to be by the Atlantic and watch the surfers. What a memorable occasion to celebrate at the Atlantis with champagne and great food. The room was lovely, clean with a beautiful view overlooking the ocean. All the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Thank you for such a special time - we will definitely return!

S & P Robinson

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
moondance2010, Owner at The Atlantis Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to tell readers how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Every person visiting Barbados should really consider spending one or two nights on the east coast - watching the sun rise is perhaps more spectacular than watching in set and at that time of the new day it really allows one to reflect on how lucky they are to be witnessing the start of a another day in paradise

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Atlantis Hotel in Tent Bay was everything we thought it would be - absolutely wonderful. Being greeted by the friendly staff was the first introduction. A cold rum punch or plain punch was very welcome and refreshing. No fuss getting our belongings into the 2-bed cottage. Since it was already ready, and we came early for the buffet lunch, they let us into the cottage. OMG - the views from the balcony overlooking the Atlantic ocean was beyond words. There were rocking chairs on the balcony as well. I haven't sat in a rocking chair since my children were born and they are now adults. Lovely and so very relaxing (I had forgotten how nice it was to rock to and fro), listening to the waves and watching the fishermen come in from their day fishing on the ocean. The pool was wonderful with an infinity view over the ocean; swam every day at least once. The food was delicious. My husband is a picky eater and staff couldn't have been more accommodating - no hot spices - just plain well seasoned (salt and pepper) meat - chicken, steak, or pork. I'm the adventurous one - I'll try anything once- and I love seafood - which was spectacularly cooked and so fresh (just brought in that day from the ocean). We only spent 3 days, but wished we had stayed much longer. The rooms in the cottage were quite comfortably large - the master bedroom was air conditioned, the living room had wonderfully comfy sofas and the kitchen was used only once! The bed was comfortable, but we found the duvet cover was too warm, and staff exchanged it for a lovely light blanket. We don't like super cold a/c. Thank you to Manny, Diane, Edward, Andrew and all those lovely, lovely staff (sorry, I don't remember your names) who were so pleasant and easy going, yet efficient. We will be back for a much longer stay. The staff at Atlantis took really good care of us - what more could you ask for?!

Room Tip: Any room would be great. We preferred the cottage because of the balcony and rocking chairs.
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We have just spend 5 wonderful days at the Atlantis. The Hotel is very comfortable and we would say lacks nothing. The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfortable. The staff and the service is second to none, we think that many of the restaurants and hotels in the South and West Coast could very well learn a lot from your people. The meals are excellent and are of a wide variety. Your staff are all Bajans like ourselves and we are "Pround to be Bajans"
Errol & Helene Marshall

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Bay
Glasgow, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had originally booked for Sunday Buffet but a slight mishap with a bat and ball meant we couldn't go. Having eaten at The Fish Pot on quite a few occasions we decided that we couldn't miss The Atlantis whilst we were in Barbados. The last time we were there in 2007 it wasn't open. So off we trotted to Bathsheba and The Atlantis.
Of the 4 of us I was the only one that didn't enjoy my meal but that's simply because I chose the wrong thing for me - the fish had the skin on which I don't like and the cou cou was just not to my taste. However the Pepperpot and the Goat Curry that the others had was great and my lime tart dessert was yummy!
The setting takes your breath away, the staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel, despite being opened for 4 years, still looks brand new.
I can't wait until my next trip to Barbados and a chance to try a few nights at The Atlantis.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We travel around the world quite a lot, both for business and pleasure. Barbados, but especially The Atlantis Hotel has the most friendly and helpfull people from the globe.

We were 2 nights at the Hilton Barbados (supposedly 5 star resort) on business at the beginning of the week, but we enjoyed much more the Atlantis Hotel (being a 3 1/2 star hotel)
Better food, better service, better maintained accomodation.... This colonial style hotel in a very well maintained condition with large clean rooms, the great food, the very friendly service and beautiful wild coast, makes you really feel on holiday... it was great and we will be back!

Room Tip: an ocean view room, literally at 5-10 metres from the sea, is definitely worthwhile...
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a week at The Atlantis. We were originally booked at another Inn and were not happy with the accomodations. My husband went for a walk and found the Atlantis at the bottom of the hill. Diane welcomed us with open arms. The staff was very accomadating, the Inn is clean and well kept, and the food is amazing!!! We ate just about every meal there at the restaurant. The owner, Andrew, is very friendly and takes great pride in his Hotel. Thank you for a very memorable week. We will definately stay at the Atlantis again someday!!!!

Room Tip: There is not a bad room at the Inn. I loved waking up and going to sleep to the sounds of the ocean...
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

A very last-minute decision took me and my daughter to stay at the Atlantis for the weekend - definitely a good decision. The rooms are lovely - large and airy, with comfortable beds and fantastic breezes and ocean views. We slept with the sound of the Atlantic ocean crashing onto the waves below... perfect relaxation!

The staff were lovely - very helpful and friendly at all times. Despite a couple of hiccups (no hot water - possibly because it was quite a rainy/overcast weekend; and a dinner waitress who insisted there was no kid's menu at dinner-time, nor the possibility of ordering a half-portion, which meant I had to order a full adult meal for my daughter and then discovered on paying for the meal that this was not true!), we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back - I wish I could say 'regularly' but it is a little on the pricey side, so probably no more than once a year.

The setting is unbelievable and you really feel like you have travelled far, far from home. Highly recommended weekend break for residents! I would have scored everything as "Excellent" but the dinner waitress experience knocked the service down 1 notch, ditto the price. I wasn't aware of any kids' activities nor fitness centre so didn't mark those - but there is a lovely pool and endless walks to be had along the cliffs and the beach looking for pebbles, so I don't think these particular items were missed!

Room Tip: Rooms fronting onto the Atlantic are incredible - can't speak for those which don't have thi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Atlantis Hotel? Share your experiences!