My wife and I stayed at the Clansman on Saturday 26th / Sunday 27th June. We found the staff to be very friendly in the bar area and restaurant. Both nights we ate in the restaurant and found the food to be varied and cooked to a high standard. Service was quick possibly a bit quick but this might have been down to the fact that it was not over full.
The rooms were more that adequate however we booked a room with a Loch view which was outstand but being on the ground floor we could not take advantage of this as we had to keep the net curtains closed due to outside table for bar being right outside window. Room was clean and despite being opposite the main road it was quiet from traffic.
Location of hotel for trips is excellent as we got from Isle of Skye to hotel in just under two hour and there is plenty to see other than Loch Ness under an hour away from hotel.
Shame England lost the football on the Sunday but the staff did not rub it in to much.
Would recommend hotel to others too stay in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the most mysterious stretch of water in the world and only 10 minutes from inverness, the hotel enjoys stunning panoramic views over the breathtaking Loch Ness and is the perfect central location for visiting the Highlands of Scotland. The Romantic ruins of Urquhart Castle are close by and the Clansman Harbour is less than 100m from the hotel, should you wish to take a boat tour of the Loch. The stunning surroundings combined with the Hotels emphasis on warm, friendly service creates a tranquil environment for a guest to relax, unwind and explore all that Loch Ness has to offer.The Hotel offers accommodation in 26 comfortable and stylish en-suite bedrooms, many with spectacular Loch views. All rooms have excellent modern facilities such as Games Consoles, Plasma Screen TVs and Wi-Fi internet connectivity. Some rooms even offer a balcony/terrace which is perfectly suited for sharing a romantic view over the Loch at sunset, a sight not to be missed.The award winning 'Cobbs Restaurant' is renowned for fabulous food, generous portions of the finest local produce with a contemporary twist and the delicious deserts are always served with two spoons! The hotel also holds an extensive range of fine wines and whiskies to suit all palates and budgets. The views of Loch Ness from Cobb’s Restaurant are unrivalled and the stunning 'mirrored wall' ensures that all diners can keep an eye on any unusual happenings on the Loch whilst enjoying their meal!Unwind, take in the scenery and indulge in the famous Cobbs cakes, light snacks and really good coffee, served at the Cobbs coffee shop. Contemporary in style, the coffee shop has two plasma screens showing films about Loch Ness and the surrounding area. Why not have a pre –dinner drink in the Observation bar and as night falls the panoramic view is second to none. Guests can enjoy a fabulous range of beauty treatments and relaxing massages in the hotel's very own Beauty Room (prices available at the hotel). Also within the hotel is a wonderful gift shop with an extensive range of souvenirs and treats for all tastes and budgets.There is plenty to see and do in the area, the Hotel is ideally situated to enjoy the many leisure activities and attractions around Loch Ness and The Highlands of Scotland. See the area in 5 star luxury with a Loch Ness boat tour, just a stone’s throw from the hotel , try your hand at fishing on the loch with boat hire, fishing equipment and a packed lunch all available from the hotel. If you prefer something on dry land then with the Great Glen Way running past the hotel instant access is available to many beautiful walking trails. Dating from the 13th Century Urquhart castle ruins magnificently situated on the banks of Loch Ness are just a few minutes’ drive from the hotel. Or if you would like to take a more relaxed approach then there are a number of Whisky distilleries within an hour’s drive of the hotel, where you can sample the finest Scotch Whiskies in the Highlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Loch Ness Clansman Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Ness Clansman Inverness
- Hotel Loch Ness Clansman
- Loch Ness Clansman Hotel Abriachan