“Nothing wrong here!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Clarkston
NORTH WALES
“Nothing wrong here!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

Satyed here for 2 nights to visit the Golf at Turnberry and was a little apprehensive having read previous reviews. The room was booked on our behalf by VisitScotland in conjunction with the golf trip. Let me tell you there is nothing wrong with this hotel. The receptionist was very helpful upon our arrival, the room was spotless, crisp clean sheets, clean towels everyday, loads of hot water and an adequate shower, even replacement biscuits with the tea/coffeee makings for the next day, not many hotels do that. The breakfast was excellent, well prepared and presented. We ate in the hotel from the 'bar meals' menu and they were excellent value - two meals for £10!! and great quality too. All the staff were friendly and the service was excellent and done with a smile, they even let us print maps of the area off in reception. All in all we were very impressed and would definitley use it again. Great value for money.

The only drawback - squeeky floor boards - but show me many hotels that don't have them!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
newport gwent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

i was unfortunate to spend two nights here last year and as many others have said it is truely awful- there is a premier inn down the road which i which we had spotted earlier as we would have checked out and gone there. i too was impressed by the web site- how wrong i was! the place was not clean- horrifyingly the bed covers consisted of a clean white sheet and an eiderdown which obviously is not washed between guests ( matching filthy, smally, cushions available) and as i was lying on the bed i could see a spray of dried 'liquid' going up the wall, ugh! i was there with a very large group of my family for my brother's wedding and we all had equally, if not worse experiences. from the tesco value breakfast (it's true- the bread was presented in the rolled down bag- tres chic!! OJ in carton all served by a stressed bloke who'd been on reception all night) to the room my brothers stayed in (bright orange with large blue poorly painted circles), from the unbelieveable noise of the place- it is also a pub, indian restaurant and club- which meant music, noise and extractor fans going all night to the poor service. i was taken quite ill with a migraine on my second night at the hotel and i swear it was because the bed was so awful (it really smelt) and the noise that caused it.
please do not waste your money staying here

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Aberdeenshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

I booked the Busby Hotel for myself and my husband on the 30th June as we were attending a concert at Hampden and it's convenient location meant we were only a short taxi ride away. Where can I start...Ok let's start with the good points for this establishment - close vacinity to Hampden, ample off street parking, modest room rates and a FANTASTIC web site offering all the services and perks that you would expect from a 3 star + hotel. Now let me tell you about our experience. We booked this through a web agent and I called the hotel directly to make sure everything was ok with my booking and was told that the hotel was full and that I would need to contact the agent. I did this and according to their response a cancellation had been made earlier that day and therefore we were gauranteed a room. I called back to the hotel and spoke to a very nice young gentleman on reception who confirmed that my booking was confirmed but it was a twin room, although he would try and arrange a double according to other customer requirements. I asked for a bottle of champagne to be in the room as a little surprise for my husband. He seemed very uneducated on what was available but assured me that everything would be in order. We arrived on the 30th and went to check in. The girl on reception was a little harassed but pleasant enough. She asked if we would prefer a double room instead of the twin we were assigned. Originally in room 11 we were asked to wait a few moments until the father and son occupants from room 25 came back down. The gentleman did say that his son had freshened up but that the room was still clean etc. I asked the receptionist if she wanted a few minutes to check the room but she said it should be ok but if it wasn't just to call down and let them know. Our room was on the top floor and obviously not one of the "refurbished" rooms mentioned in a previous post. The decor was very dated with stains on the carpet, the roof and on the base of the bed. On inspection the sheets were clean although the bed was rather lumpy and uncomfortable. Tea/coffee facilities were great and freeview on the television meant we had a wide variety of channels to choose from. Unfortunately the champagne was not in the room so I nipped down to reception to ask if it had been put in room 11 and was told that no mention of it was on my booking. Apparently the nice gentleman I spoke to only a few days earlier had left the hotel and left behind a great deal of chaos as the hotel was very busy. Undetered and not wishing to cause a scene I smiled and asked for the champagne and waited while she asked for it to be brought through from the cellar, and waited and waited and waited. Finally she went and got it herself. On return to the room my husband and I made light of the situation and had a laugh and refused to be disheartned before the concert. When we returned later that night we were tired and just crawled on top of the bed and fell asleep. In the morning however there was NO hot water. So knowing that the hotel was full we just had a quick cold wash and proceeded to check out. I mentioned to the receptionist on duty that we had no hot water and according to her no other guests had raised any concerns or complaints. I then asked her where we went for breakfast and asked was it included in our room rate and was told no. I then was asked for my card details to pay for the extras and wished a safe onwards journey. She probably knew by the look on my face at this point that I was not at all happy and offered us a compimentary breakfast while they sourced one of the possible vacant rooms and housekeeping serviced it for us to freshen up in. However we declined to partake of this offer and chose to head home instead. I WISH I had checked the reviews on Trip Advisor first before booking this hotel. However, the fact that it was recommended by a leading web agent and had a FANTASTIC web site, I thought it would be more than suitable. How wrong could I have been.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
scotland uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed for one night in a twin room with my friend as we were attending a concert at Hampden. The welcome at reception was good and requests were seen to promptly. The room was adequate and clean. We had a drink in the bar before and after the concert, the barman was friendly and cheerful.
For a one night stay, this was perfect. Its approx a 3 mile / 7 pound cab ride to Hampden Stadium.
We didnt eat breakfast in the morning so cant comment on the food. Would use again for the purpose of attending a concert at Hampden

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We had an overnight stay at this hotel and got the last double room available. The room was a good size, comfortable and exceptionally clean. The bathroom was obviously still to be refurbished but everything worked as it should. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We didn't have a meal and so can't comment on the food but the full scottish breakfast was very nice and freshly cooked. We would certainly use this hotel again.

Stayed August 2008
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

having recently just stayed in this excuse for a hotel i have to say that it one of the worst experiences i have ever had. The reception on the front desk was poor and very glum, the rooms were very worn and shabby and for the time it took me to get served i expected an edible standard of food - it wasn't!!+
The owners of the hotel have the most appaling attitude to customer service i have ever encountered when I complained about waiting for 20 mins to be served i was given about 3 different excuses none of which made sense to me, from the fryers going off to being short staffed etc oh and no apology was given i almost felt that i was the one in the wrong for daring to annoy them with this. also the plates were dirty and i had food stuck on the bottom of one of them and my coffee cup had old coffee stains inside it.
If you are coming to stay in glasgow give this place a wide berth there are other hotels that are priced cheaper and have much better standards.

• Liked — leaving it!!
  • Disliked — everything!!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BusbyBusby, manager at Busby Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2008
The Busby Hotel would like to applogise to all those who have had a bad experience with us. Now under new management, the Busby Hotel has now implemented a refurbishment programe to upgrade all of its 32 rooms. We have emloyed new international chefs as well as fully trained front of house staff. We hope that your next visit will be more pleasant. Thank you for all your feedback.

Kind Regards

Busby Hotel
manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We were given room 10 - a single room (we had booked a double), which was dirty - i found the previous guests dirty boxer shorts in the drawer!!! The bathroom wasn't big enough to stand in and was grimy. We insisted on moving rooms after the first night. The room we were moved to was satisfactory. But the bed was most uncomfortable with springs coming through, the whole room just needed updating - fittings falling off the wall etc. If you want a weekend lie in you are best making your own sign to go on the door as the cleaners OPEN AND COME IN YOUR ROOM AT 8AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't stay here unless ABSOLUTELY neccessary!!

• Liked — The entrance decor was nice and there was free off road parking
  • Disliked — the room and bathroom in general
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Busby Hotel? Share your experiences!