“Quality Hotel with first class management” 5 of 5 stars

59 Gilmour Street, Eaglesham G76 0LG, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Eaglesham B&B and Inns
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“Quality Hotel with first class management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This hotel is clean and well presented with first class staff & management.
We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel, the rooms superb with the building well presented and clean, the restaurant is very good with staff and management of the first order. We did however have a blip with hotels relief manager who lacked people skills and basic manners. Sadly he failed to deliver the high level of service we had been receiving from other staff, he was less than accommodating during our evening meal to say the least. This was soon rectified by the manager the next day whom I have to say handled our complaint extremely well.
The owners of this hotel have a first class manager in Carolyn and I commend her professionalism. I have no reservations in recommending this hotel who I feel truly have the guests best interests at heart. I look forward to returning when next in the area.

Room Tip: RECOMMENDED HOTEL... Great service, all our groups rooms were great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CarolynStark, Manager at BEST WESTERN Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind comments, and delighted that you have a positive view point on the blip! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We held our wedding here on Sunday 5th May 2013 and cannot fault the venue, food or staff at all. The hotel has been fully refurbished to a high standard, rooms are light and airy - honeymoon suite is exquisite and the food is excellent. the staff cannot do enough to help and assist you. Special thanks to Carolyn and Russell who helped make our special day perfect and were very attentive with nothing being a problem. Would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CarolynStark, Manager at BEST WESTERN Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments, so glad you enjoyed your BIG DAY!
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a few times now on business and always comfortable. The staff make it for me really always friendly, chatty and glad to help. As has been mentioned the rooms are on the snug side but very well decorated with very comfortable beds. In a village so no loud road noises at night. Restaurant and the attached bar are very nice too.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind comments, so glad you keep coming back to us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I held a Golden Wedding lunch party for over fifty guests. Beforehand, we were well advised by the Manager on suitable arrangements and, on the day, found the private room very suitable and the lunch menu excellent.
Many of our friends have commented on how fine the facilities were and the friendliness of the staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
So glad you enjoyed your day! Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Due to a last minute crisis, I booked in here. Wow - from start to finish, what a soothing experience. Really relaxed me after what was an exceptionally stressful night beforehand. 10/10 for everything.

• Stayed May 2012
So glad you managed to chill - thanks for the kind comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The 'Eg' was home for my family for 7 weeks whilst our house was being renovated. The staff couldn't have done more to make us feel welcome and it truly was a home from home.
Every member of staff went out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed and made a fantastic job of acting 'in loco parentis', much to the annoyance of my boys!
The bedrooms are beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean and exceptionally comfortable. Tea, coffee and shortbread were provided every day and nothing was too much to ask. Housekeeping bent over backwards for us.
Restaurant staff took time to chat and make us feel welcome, and the Chefs 'tweaked' the menu to suit us on several occasions. The food was consistently excellent, breakfast was excellent too and served with a cheery smile.
What was a very stressful time turned out to be a thoroughly pleasant experience.
The management team and staff are exceptional and deserve the highest of accolades.
Whilst it is great to be home we were all very sad to leave and thank every member of staff for making our stay so enjoyable. Even the night porters did not grumble when my boys appeared back in the 'wee small hours'. On our departure we were presented with a basket of goodies and wine to take with us, and a card signed with a personal message from each member of staff.. I was so touched!
The hotel is faultless, there is nothing I would change, and I have stayed in many hotels in this country and abroad. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel for occasions such as weddings, christenings, family reunions etc. Each occasion receives the personal attention of management to ensure everyone has a great time.
We shall certainly not forget our prolonged stay at the Eg and can't thank everyone enough for their kindness and professionalism.
Lindsay and Mark Allen and Family

Room Tip: Room 19 was very comfortable and at the back of the hotel, but having seen the Honeymoon suite I wan...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CarolynStark, Manager at BEST WESTERN Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Well, we really missed you all coming & going! I am sure you were really all delighted to get home and I can't thank you enough for the very kind comments you have posted. I am pleased that our chef's tweeked the menus for you, as after 7 weeks you must have been delighted to get home for beans & toast - although I am sure we could have done that for you! Take care.
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a lovely, special day made not only by the celebration of two friends getting married but by the excellent venue, professional, efficient, helpful staff, fabulous food and atmosphere.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is getting married, the whole wedding took place in the hotel and from arriving to leaving you were treated excellently.
I look forward to visiting again this time for dinner with my partner and myself whether it be a special occasion or a Saturday night dinner, the venue, food, value for money, ambience will be well worth the trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
What kind comments - I am glad you enjoyed the wedding, hopefully as much as the bride & groom! Each wedding day is special for family & friends as much as the happy couple. Many thanks.

Been to BEST WESTERN Eglinton Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!