“Scottish Hospitality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carberry
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Scottish Hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My Daughter and I stayed at Carberry Tower as guests at a wedding there in June 2013. I have nothing but praise for the Reception staff. The rooms are nicely furnished and the tea/coffee equipment lack nothing but a small pack of biscuits. The house and grounds are spectacular and beautifully maintained. The cooked Breakfast was standard and slightly mass produced. We were delighted with our room with a view - not requested! Altogether a fantastic venue.

Room Tip: Named Room do not necessarily have extra benefits. Also use the Hotels preferred Taxi Service _ R...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christiaan2011, General Manager at Carberry Tower, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you had a memorable experience and we will also pass your kind comments to our Taxi company.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Pennal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I first stayed at Carberry last year and whilst the accommodation was lovely (we stayed in the Mary Queen of Scots Suite), every thing else was very lacking. We visited there on the 10th June this year for two evenings on our way to visit relatives in Scotland and this time we had a great stay. We stayed in the Strathmore Suite and the two evenings we tried the dining experience. The first evening (our wedding anniversary) our host was Jason - he is a natural and made our evening. There were only 6 of us in the dining room but the food was good and the atmosphere was excellent. The second evening the main course of steak was tough and we sent it back - we were disappointed not to be offered an alterative by the waiter but maybe he was new to the hotel. All in all, we had a great time, there are still a few issues for the management to sort but it is getting there!! Would we visit for a 3rd time - yes. If you haven't tried Carberry yet do visit.

Room Tip: Any of the suite are lovely
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you had a more memorable experience during your second visit - my team and I are looking forward to welcome you for your third visit where I trust we will exceed your expectations as we improve our services and standards.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in carberry tower for a couple of nights with my girlfriend and was one of the most amazing places I've ever been in. The grounds and the exterior is breathtaking, the rooms are extremely nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

We also enjoyed the dining experience on our first night which I cannot recommend enough. All in all it is a great place to stay and there is no one I wouldn't recommend it too!

• Stayed June 2013
Christiaan2011, General Manager at Carberry Tower, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your truly amazing review!

My team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed the Carberry Experience - we hope it wont be too long before we can welcome you back.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Carberry Tower story is one of extremes. The exterior and common areas of the hotel are gorgeous. The Snooker Room? I want one! The Music Room, the Library? Same. They are regal and impressive, yet comfortable and welcoming. The gardens are lovely and the grounds complement the beautiful building.

So what's the downside? Room size and service (or lack of).

The room sizes for the regular (non-suite) rooms are ridiculous. The double rooms are a tight fit, but the single rooms are Lilliputian. My mother's single room reminded her of a very low-budget ship berth and me of a prison cell. Absurd for the price.

The staff is clueless. When we checked in at noon, tired and hungry after a long drive, we were informed that no food would be available for the day as the kitchen was catering only to wedding guests. It would have been different if a) they'd let us know when we booked the room and b) had prepared a list of local alternatives for us. Those thoughts apparently never occurred to them.

One final experience typified the type of service provided at the Carberry Tower. As we prepared to leave, I brought our bags outside and cleaned out an empty paper coffee cup and a few other bits of trash from the car. There was no place to dispose of them outside, so I brought them into reception and politely asked if the receptionist had a dustbin I could use. She took a slow look over her shoulder to the reception area, shook her head and said, "we have one, but it's very full right now". So sorry to have bothered you, m'dear!

Neither me nor my empty coffee cup will be returning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for providing me with feedback about your experience at Carberry Tower.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the property however I am dissapointed regarding the latter part of your stay and can ensure you that this has been dealt with in the appropriate manner. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the reception team.

I do trust that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to Carberry Tower in the future where i trust the team will ensure you receive the service we strive for.
Ripon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a Groupon Deal paid for by my family for my birthday but we did an upgrade (£60 for two nights was well worth it!) We had the Bowes Lyon Suite which was wonderful - loads of space - crystal chandeliers - settee - dining table & chairs - four poster bed which was very comfortable! We sat in rose garden (twice) with a bottle of wine served by a very polite and efficient barman! Breakfast was excellant with plenty of choice. Our only complaint is the choice of evening dinner! When we checked in we were told that we could have the Dining Experience Menu at £50 per head !! Main course had two choices fillet steak or seabass!!!
Certainly not for us!! Our other option was a barmeal - served from 5-7pm with four choices! We took this option and have to say was very enjoyable! Had the chicken gougons and tempura veg first night (shared) and the beef skewer again with tempura veg second night again shared. Very disappointed they did not give us an al a carte menu with much more choice!!
Albeit we really enjoyed our stay - staff excellant and room brilliant although we had to hold window propped open with part of Daily Telegraph!! Necessity is the mother of invention!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to upgrade to one of our Monarch Rooms and that you enjoyed the room. (We will however look at repairing the window so that newspapers dont need to be used).

I am slightly dissapointed that our Dining Experience menu was not fully to your taste but I am delighted that you enjoyed our light meal menu in the bar.

My team and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Fabriano, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

we decided to have a two days business meeting here. the environment is very impressive and you can feel the history. The room (mine was 205) pretty good, very well taken care of. The lounge areas are very nice, well-groomed and have excellent furnishings in the details. Friendly staff. Definitely recommended for a dip in the quiet and in the past.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Carberry. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable few days and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had a 2 days business meeting in the hotel. It is like going back few centuries still with the comfort of our time. Rooms are basic though nice. Meeting room is beautiful though not well equipped for a business meeting. Restaurant and bar are very good. The hotel is organizing also customizable whiskey tasting with a very good selection. For the golf lovers there are several course nearby easily reachable by car. If I really need to find something not up to my expectation is the quality of wireless and Internet connection that in any case is free of charge.
Definitively a good place where to spend few days in full relax

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I am delighted to read your feedback about your experience at Carberry Tower.

We are currently working on our Corporate offerings and trust to have our Conference facilities and equipment up to current standards.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future where we trust you will be able to enjoy our enhanced offers.

Been to Carberry Tower? Share your experiences!