“Lobster Pizza... go figure” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: http://www.bequiatourism.com/restau.htm
Olympia, Washington
“Lobster Pizza... go figure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

One wonders just where those reviewers who bashed the lobster pizza here acquired their standard for lobster pizza. I'm sort of a semi-professional eater, and this was the first time I recall seeing it on a menu. My wife will tell you I've eaten pizza in every country I've been to which is well over half the countries in the world, but probably I've had pizza in only two-thirds of the places I've been. If all those pizzas have taught me anything, it's that pizza is unique to every place it is made. Just from town to town in Italy or even from trattoria to trattoria in Naples or Brindisi, pizza will be different, often very different.

The lobster pizza was recommended by our sailing charter captain who lived on Bequia for a decade prior to moving to St. Vincent a few years back, and while I won't rate it in the top 50 pizzas I've ever had, I quite enjoyed it. Extremely generous portions of lobster, plenty of chewy cheese, acceptable if slightly bland tomato sauce, chewy crust.

For as much as I "know" having expectations for any meal can be a bad idea, It took until the second slice and getting the mix right with the local paw paw-pepper sauce for me to decide it really was quite good.

The 13 inch filled two of us and we took three large slices away with us as well. We won't get back during our week here, but if I did I'd try a different pizza, but still I'd recommend the lobster for first timers, hands down.

As for the reviews that implied some racial concerns, the couple at the next table were very different from us visually, but from everything I observed they were as welcome and well-served as we were.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Fantastic Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Looking for a pizza that you will remember, visit Mac's. Unique combinations that will make your mouth water. Fully loaded and will fill you fast!

• Visited November 2012
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“If you love pizza.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

You will not want to miss this place. During our six day stay in Bequia we ordered pizza here twice. Their large pizza was enough to feed the two of us for three days. Unfortunately, we were out of lobster season in August and were unable to try their famed Lobster Pizza. Fortunately, we are returning in February and look forward to trying this tasty temptation.

FYI, if you are without a vehicle, just order pizza, call taxi, they will pick up and deliver to you. It can't get any easier than this after a long day of traveling.

• Visited August 2013
St. Kitts
“Must go !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

By far, Mac's serve one of the best pizza on Bequia.. The service is friendly and the pizza can not be compared!. This is a must go to place once in Bequia.

• Visited August 2013
leftcoast
“Love this spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We get off the plane and head straight to Mac's for our "Bequia re-entry meal" consisting of a rum punch, Callaloo soup, and fish pizza. Enjoy the charming view of Admiralty Bay and watch the boats. The service is attentive. Make a booking during the "season". A lovely place at lunch time for a cool drink and a sandwich.

• Visited June 2013