“Excellent, welcoming staff” 5 of 5 stars

London
“Excellent, welcoming staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

stayed with my wife and 16mth old child for a local wedding
without exception the staff are excellent and very welcoming
a good nights sleep even though on the side of the road
would use again next time in the area
thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here 1 night for a nearby wedding. Accommodation is standard Premier Inn. Basic accommodation, but clean and good value.

However after the wedding the next morning I was hungover and felt very ill! I was awake well before check out time, but felt too ill to get up initially. At check out there was a knock at the door to remind me of check out. I replied I would be as quick as I can, but felt ill and could I pay for late check out to which I was advised I could not.

There was a second knock about 15 minutes later to say it was after check out and there were people waiting to get in the room. I said I would be quick but really felt very ill.

The next knock advised they would need to call security if I did not leave the room soon.

I got out of bed feeling very much like I would be sick, but managed to hold it together.

Needless to say when I got to reception there was nobody waiting to check in on an early Sunday afternoon in late October, so clearly reception were lying to me.

During the 20 minutes I was waiting for a taxi no more guests arrived.

I am very aware hotels have designated check out times and this was self-induced, but their ridiculously militant stance and threats to call security were absolutely unnecessary! I honestly wish I had got up at their first call and been sick all over the room and down the corridor as would have happened had I followed the aggressive orders of reception. Would they have found this preferable?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Ripley, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us and we will follow this up with the Management Team directly. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Ripley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great service very friendly.. Myself and partner use the premier in a lot!
Would not use any other!
Wifi could be a little bit better!
And a fridge in the rooms would be great!
Also breakfast included would make better value for money!
Overall great staff!

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in June 2013, could not fault anything. The rooms were clean and functional.
The food at the Brewers fayre was fine typical pub grub at a reasonable price.
All the staff, from receptionists to bar staff, waiters and waitress's were faultless, always more than happy to help and oblige you. Breakfasts, were epic as much as you wanted, all for £8-25.
We have stayed in many pubs where English breakfast is one scrap of bacon, 1 sausage and half a tomato, served with an egg, and some cold toast. Britains country pubs must do better.
Close to Derbyshire dales and Derwent valley excellent

Cambridge Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a good stop over on the way to the Peaks
Our room was on the top floor. Nice and quiet. BUT small, in the rafters and very hot.
Breakfast was very good. Lots of choice and as much as you wanted. the staff were excellent
Don't understand why they needed a barrier in the car park?
A very good value for money stop and would return

Louth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was our first time staying at a premier inn and it wont be our last. All staff very friendly. Daughters bed already made up in room, very clean, pile of towels etc. Our bed was very comfortable. So please premier inn don't change them. Didn't hear any road noise. We had evening meal and breakfast at the brewers fayre next door and that was also very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very helpful staff, spotlessly clean and a fantastic base to visit the peak district. Couldn't ask for more. Definitely stay there again. The picky ones out there may be bothered by the road noise but it's not that bad. If you stay on the front of the hotel I doubt you would hear it.

Room Tip: Main road at rear of hotel, so could be noisy. If worried stay in a room facing the car park.