“Great honeymoon, great island!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Lhaviyani Atoll, Republic of Maldives   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kuredu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great honeymoon, great island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review sometime after arriving back last year from our honeymoon. But I think it was worth writing about after all this time. Having never been this far on our previous travels we were really looking forward to spending 8 days here. We really couldn't fault the way we we're look after from the moment we arrived. I asked for us to stay in our villa near the O Resort, from looking at some reviews before we went, and in think having gone round the island we were I the best part. The O Resort was great for breakfast and lunch and you had to phone in the morning to book dinner. Most of the time we walked down to the main resort. There is plenty to do in the day time from swimming, snorkelling and just doing nothing on your sun bed. The food and drinks were really good and there was plenty of selection daily. I would like to mention, Delwar in the O Resort who was good fun and very friendly to talk to, and Chrishna in the. Main bar was also very friendly. Nightly entertainment was always good with different themes all the time. We went in October and the weather was good, even the resort was full but around the pools it didn't feel like this. I recommend the night fishing as I caught a snapper which we had for dinner the following night. I also caught a shark which I am most proud of! For the money we paid for this honeymoon, we can honestly say we had a great time, and would be more than happy to come again one day. Thank you to all of you that made us feel welcome.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Stoky2005,
Paradise greetings and belated Honeymoon congratulations from all of us at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for the review of your stay last year. We are delighted you enjoyed the O Resort and all the activities and nightly entertainment available. Krishna and the Culinary Team are very proud to be recognized in your comments for their friendly and attentive service and of course, great food. The night fishing is indeed, a fabulous and fun filled excursion.
Once again, Stoky, thank you. We are all looking forward to extending the famous Kuredu welcome to you both again very soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 7 night holiday in Kuredu should have been 9 nights but due to delayed flights with Emirates we lost 2 days not the fault of Kuredu.
We stayed in a jacuzzi villa 111 which is to the right of the jetty as you look out to sea ,the location was great it is the calmer side of the sea and close to all the amenities,and was great to watch the seaplanes come & go the noise from them didn't bother us at all.
The villa is as described on the website,forget about the TV it's a typical holiday selection of channels the main ones in English being the news channels.
Our room attendant was great & kept everything clean & tidy.
We did return from our first evening meal to find the nice bright white toilet had attracted the ants, we used our mosquito repellent to spray them, then every evening before we went out we sprayed the base of the toilet with the repellent & had no problem for the rest of the week.
The 4 inclusive restaurants had a great selection of food & well presented,even thou the sangu restaurant has the same food,it is quieter & has a more exclusive feel about it, we ate at the koamas mainly which was excellent & our cheeky & fun loving waiter made the experience even better.
It is an all inclusive resort but the standard all inclusive does have only a basic selection of drinks,you can have things like gin & wine on the all inclusive , but you have to pay for it if you have it from your mini bar!!
Things like ice cream & snacks you pay extra for.
If you want a complete all inclusive package you need to upgrade to the Gold.
You will never go hungry here,but they do stick exactly to the hours they serve ,the finish time is the time they want the restaurant clear, not the last people coming in time.
Lunch finishes at 14.30 but other than a few sandwiches & cakes in the bar you can't get anything until dinnertime 1900 unless you pay for it.

It might sound like I'm being negative but I'm just pointing out the pros & cons, it is a great resort & yes it is paradise , I would return & I think our villa was in the best location, if you want a relaxing,chill out, sun worshipping holiday then look no further.
As regards to luggage you really do only need shorts and T-shirts, and no shoes maybe just a pair of flip flop or sandals .
The guys & girls in prodive are very helpful with snorkelling advice

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Neil,
Thank you for your honest feedback. I am sorry that your arrival was delayed due to airline problems.
Thank you for the appreciation of our TeamMembers and the service you have received.
Looking forward to welcoming you back to come and experience more magical moments in Paradise.

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Well, I'm not quite sure where to start as this is my first holiday review but I'll make it as succinct and helpful as possible.My surprise holiday to The Maldives; Kuredu Island staying in a water villa for ten days was one of my best holidays of my life.

After nearly twenty-four hours of travelling from the UK, I was quite disappointed to have to wait for two hours for the sea plane to take us to Kuredu. My boyfriend told me that they run quite regularly between the hours of 9 and 5, however, he was aware that there might be a wait from other reviewers on Trip Advisor. I was not.

The workers were very helpful whilst we waited, serving us a hot drink and water and offering us a buffet meal in the next room. My impression of the workers was I wished the customer service in England was so good.

My first impressions of the island were, we had arrived in paradise. The staff playing the drums on our arrival was perfect. We were taken into Akiri bar, provided with a drink and a cold towel and was told to wait for a taxi that would transport us to our part of the island, Sanghu Resort.

Lydia checked us in and was very helpful and warm, but as we were so tired, we could barely concentrate on what she was saying. Our water villa was a short walk away and from that moment, we pretty much figured everything out by ourselves. I found it more fun this way to discover what the island had to offer.

The waiters and bar staff were some of the hardest workers I have ever come across. From the moment we arrived at any bar, or sat down in any restaurant, we were seen to almost immediately. The bar staff seemed to enjoy making our complex cocktails much more than pouring us a glass of wine. It was almost as if they were disappointed when we ordered anything other than a cocktail. Nick was so entertaining, we actually left the pool bar a couple of times, just to hang out with him as he was great fun. Monty was such a caring man and the chef cooking the meat behind the counter at Sanghu restaurant was just lovely.

The accommodation was out of this world. I usually have trouble sleeping with noise and my boyfriend doesn't sleep past 7 hours, yet here, the ocean waves were soothing and every night we'd both sleep for 9+ hours. Shareef, our housekeeper did an impeccable job of servicing our room twice a day, so my partner was generous when tipping him. On the last evening though, basic tidying was done which was a little disappointing, though I understand why as we were checking out the next day.

I would recommend this island if you aren't easily bored as the thing my partner and I did the most was relax by the bars and on one of the many bed loungers. I took a nice big novel to read and didn't even get through half of it with the many walks that we went on, the snorkelling, the massages, the different restaurants we ate in, the billiards, the golf and the lots of games of chess we played.

Akiri bar has a chess set you can borrow and we were allowed to eat in any restaurant we wanted, providing we made a reservation before 6pm. It was nice that if we wanted to eat in a more private restaurant, we had Sanghu restaurant to dine in which was only for the people stopping in water villas. We met a lovely couple at Sanghu and a few other nice people at the pool bar.

The evening entertainment included a pool party, 80's party and the biggest, the white party. There was also crab racing and football watching on a huge screen.

The downsides of the trip did not make our stay any less enjoyable, however, they may be helpful for management and other people interested in visiting the island.

The cons:
no tea making facilities in the room, though I received the kettle I asked for but had to keep buying milk from the resort shop costing $2 for a little carton.

As the week went on, we had to wait longer and longer for a taxi once ordered from the reception to take us to the main area.

A couple of the bar staff were really moody, which seemed very much out of place with the excellent customer service were received from others.

At the golf resort, we saw the member of staff talking to the couple on the course and when it came to us, he just gave us everything and sent us on our way. I spent about ten minutes there and then left as I had no idea what I was doing!

We didn't find out what time we were travelling off the island the next day until 8pm the evening before, even after asking numerous times. This late information would be particularly unhelpful for families who need to plan their departure day more than we did. Everything else was perfect.

This really was a fabulous holiday and I have lots of pictures to remind me of it. I'd definitely return but after visiting other islands as apparently there are 1,190 of them! (not all resorts though).

Tips:
Go on the all-inclusive offer. You get three meals per day as well as selected drinks at the bar. The omelette at breakfast in the Koamas restaurant was the best I've ever tasted. The chefs were all lovely there too. For the buffet lunch and evening meals, there were various themes including Chinese night and Mediterranean night. 70% of the food was very good!

Don't go here on a budget because all the nice extras cost money but they are well worth it. We went for the four course meal on the beach, the best meal of my life, and a champagne breakfast delivered to our room the morning after.

Save up and go on the gold package if possible, you get a refill of the mini bar everyday, a meal per week at Franco's restaurant (gorgeous food!), 20% off there, at The Beach and the Japanese restaurant at any other time, a full body massage per couple, per week, which was incredible and all cocktails at the bar. There are at least 50 to choose from. I even created my own.

I loved the fact that we had a dock/CD player as well as a TV in our room. Apparently there was a library to rent out CD's and we spotted a little library with some good books.

Take some tipping money for the staff in dollars as this is the only currency they accept.

Try not to get a late flight on the way home as our sea plane arrived at 2pm, luckily our flight was at 5:45 (with an hour time difference added at Male airport), but another couple we travelled with had an evening flight and had to kill time for hours at the airport. It should have been arranged that they get an later sea plane.

Sanghu and Bonthi bars had premium spirits but Akiri and some of the spirits at the pool bar were cheap versions.

Get a water villa!

Room Tip: We stopped in a water villa at Sanghu, a private part of the island. We have no regrets. We wanted t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KWillians2013,
Tropical Greetings from all of us here at Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Your first holiday review is fantastic, thank you. We are delighted you had such an amazing experience for your surprise vacation. We are extremely proud of our Team for their customer service delivery. It is heartening to read that this started with your first impressions at our private Airport Lounge and continued during your stay. We do receive comments from time to time regarding the seaplane schedule. As I am sure you can appreciate, the airline itself is an independent entity serving many resorts in the Maldives. They determine the departure and arrival times with no influence from individual resorts other than to best coincide with the timing of international flights. The transfers for Kuredu both arriving and departing are linked to the guests corresponding international flights, with weight and seating capacity limitations to also consider. I am thrilled you enjoyed the intimate surroundings of the Sangu Resort. Lydia, Shareef and Nick are valued and popular Team Members who continuously provide excellent service to our guests. It is great to note you also took advantage of the many activities available to while away the tropical days, from games of chess to a wonderful relaxing treatment from the lovely Duniye Spa team. Thank you also for your constructive comments. I will address all of them. We pride ourselves on enhancing the Kuredu experience as a result of guest feedback.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your Kuredu memories with us. As you point out, there are many resorts in the Maldives but we are confident we will see you soon back home on Kuredu in real Paradise.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Returned from our first trip to the Maldives 4 days ago where we spent 9 nights at the Kuredu Island Resort. We chose Kuredu after much research and discussion with our travel agent, we were not disappointed. Although it is a long journey from the UK we had no delays and once we boarded the sea plane at Male we felt our holiday had begun. The sea plane is noisy so wear ear plugs if you have them, have your cameras at the ready as the views over the Indian Ocean are wonderful. On arrival we proceeded to the main reception were we welcomed by staff and given a refreshing cool drink and a chance to relax. Our Island Host introduced himself before taking us to our O Beach Villa in the O Resort. We had chosen the O Resort because of its location, quality of accommodation and quietness. Our allocated restaurant was the O but as we were all inclusive we had the choice of eating any of the other restaurants, however we were more than happy with the O and had all our meals there. The food was excellent with a good choice each day, the staff were polite and welcoming and the location of the restaurant over the edge of the ocean was perfect. Our beach villa was located on a beautiful coral sand beach only 15m from the ocean, it was well furnished and equipped with a mini bar, coffee/tea maker, plenty of storage space and a quirky outside bathroom.
This is a large well managed resort with lots of activities and excursions on offer, however it is also the perfect place to put your feet up, chillout and relax. Speaking of feet, don't bother with shoes, you won't need them.
We would like to mention some special members off staff, our Island Host Mubah, who made us most welcome and was always on hand for help or advice, in the restaurant Mujey our waiter, who could not have been more attentive, our table setting on the last night was perfect, and our room attendant Fawwaz, who kept our villa spotless throughout our stay and did a beautiful job of decorating our bed with flowers on our second last night. A big thanks to the ladies who sweep the beaches and paths and to all the behind the scenes staff who keep the island functioning.
All in all a fantastic resort, I'm sure we will return again.

Useful notes:
1.Take plenty of sun screen
2.Take it easy until you acclimatise to the heat an humidity
3.You don't need shoes, flip flops if you must
4.Very relaxed dress code but tailored shorts and shirt preferred for restaurants in the evening
5.Take a few dollars for tips, we prefer to tip a little each day, it's up to you.
6.Take some ear plugs for the sea plane transfer
7.Take aquashoes as coral can be quite sharp when you walk into the ocean
8. If you have a long wait for your onward flight from Male airport you can leave your luggage in secure storage at the airport(5 dollars per case) and take the ferry across to the capital Male and do some sight seeing for a few hours rather than sit around in the airport. We hired a guide at the airport, he took us on the ferry (1 dollar per person) and showed us around the main places of interest. We gave him a 40 dollar tip for a 3 hour tour.

Room Tip: O Beach Villas rooms 275 - 300, quiet beach with stunning views.
Dear Alf and Janice,
Sunny greetings from Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for the review of your recent holiday. As you point out, the Kuredu experience begins as soon as you step foot on the seaplane for the scenic, forty minute flight from Male. We are thrilled you enjoyed the surroundings of the O Resort and a beautiful O Beach Villa. We are very fortunate, being a larger island, to offer our guests the choice of many excursions and activities or just bountiful amounts of relaxation, sunshine and of course, cocktails. I will pass on your sentiments to Muhbah, Fawwaz and Mujey. They will be delighted to be recognized in your comments for their friendly and attentive service.
Once again, Alf and Janice, thank you for taking the time to share your holiday memories with us. I hope we can welcome you back as a member of our rapidly growing Repeat Guest family very soon.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We have just returned from a ten day stay at Kuredu. It was amazing. We have been lucky enough to have visited lots of lovely places but nothing compares to this beautiful island. We did think about a trip to snorkel with turtles but did this every day for free just a few feet from out bungalow. Food was perfect something for everyone. Staff were lovely a special mention to Ali in the restaurant and Hussain for the beautiful flowers on our bed. I could go on and on but think amazing sums it us. We took our shoes off when we landed and had bare feet till we went home. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KenFlockhart, General Manager at Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Summerfun81,
Greetings from Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. I am delighted to read the review of your recent stay with us. Ali and Hussein are extremely proud to hear of the recognition for their attentive service. Our Culinary Team are thrilled you so enjoyed the plentiful variety and quality of food available. We certainly all agree with your sentiment that “nothing compares to Kuredu!”
I hope we can welcome you back to our Paradise Island very soon.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have recently returned from a week's break at the kuredu resort & spa. One week is definitely not enough! We booked a week in a Sangu water villa . The staff are very relaxed but equally attentive to your needs.The all inclusive package is great and you just need dollars to tip should you wish.. We ate in several of the restaurants. All serve the same dishes . We particularly enjoyed Sangu as we enjoyed seeing Nimax , who was practising his cockney slang , thanks to a couple of
Londoners staying there.The bar next door is literally on the Beach. Despite going armed with a few good novels we never finished our firsts. Golf, snorkelling, boat cruises and just relaxing made the time pass all too quickly. Fantastic resort, well run but do go for a minimum of 10 days.

Dear Mike,
Sunny greetings from Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for the review of your recent stay. The intimacy of the Sangu Resort is certainly a favorite choice of many guests. I am delighted you enjoyed the wide selection of activities available. I always recommend snorkeling to see the abundant marine life that share our waters. Nimax is still practicing his cockney slang and is proud to be mentioned in your comments.
Once again Mike, thank you for taking the time to share your Kuredu experience and I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

excellent value for money, all inclusive good. al a carte restaurants are very good and additional cost marginal. however, best of all is the diving; great location with plenty of very good dive sites. excellent dive centre, well run. if you are diving, take the effort to qualify on the scooters and do a cross channel dive - awesome in the middle of the channels, much more big stuff that you simply don't see on a normal dive.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Robin,
Tropical Greetings from Kuredu Island Resort and Spa. Thank you for your concise review of your recent diving holiday with us. Chef Owen and his Culinary Team are delighted you enjoyed the fabulous and varied food on offer. The a la carte restaurants are indeed great value options to enjoy world class cuisine, amongst a stunning beach setting. Thank you also for recognizing the dedicated and professional team at Prodivers. They are industry leaders; passionate, not only, about dive quality but also the preservation of the fragile ecosystem that surrounds us.
Once again Robin, from all of us here at Kuredu and Prodivers, thank you for sharing your holiday memories with us and we hope to see you back very soon.

General Manager.

Been to Kuredu Island Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!