I have just returned from Kuredu, and have to say its wonderful. I flew into Male and was ushered to the sea plane transfer, where the Kuredu lounge offers a drink and a cold towel which is just what you need after a long journey. The seaplane flight was great, and a real experience. Then landing at the jetty,being met by the managers, greeted with drums and the claim of "welcome to paradise" which was found to be justified.
The island is just beautiful. Everything is clean and tidy, from the ladies that sweep up the fallen leaves, to the man that rakes up the sea grass that floats upto the jetty, nothing is left to spoil the pristine island. I didnt wear shoes for the whole holiday, it was wonderful to have that kind of carefree feeling.
The flora and fauna is fantastic especially the sea life, I thoroughly enjoyed the snorkelling, although the wind was a bit strong and for three days snorkelling was not possible. I had some snorkelling trips cancelled, because the sea was to choppy, but I would rather be kept safe. So it was the only disapointment, but could not be helped.
The food was varied, very tasty, and plentiful, I was all inclusive and thought it was really good value for money. The restaurant was nice and my waitress (who's name escapes me) was wonderful.
The room was clean (thank you to my room boy Mahmoud) and the bed comfy. The outside bathroom was very cool. I stayed in a garden bungalow and thought again it was good value for money.
There are lots of trips and activities, so there is no need to be scared of boredom, there is always something to do. I travelled solo, but never felt like an outsider, everyone was really friendly.
I went to swim with turtles, and its definately the place to do that, they are in the lagoon grazing on the sea grass, beautiful graceful creatures.
Overall Kuredu is a beautiful, well run,efficient, and happy place.I would have no trouble in recommending it. Im planning my next trip, ive only been back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. Your seaplane transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 2-Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows, 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives