Where to start?
We were celebrating our Silver Anniversary and wanted somewhere in the Maldives, we chose Kuredu Island Resort and Spa and we weren't disappointed.
Prior to leaving we e mailed the island to request a Beach Bungalow with an uninterrupted view for which we got a prompt reply that our request had been noted.
We arrived at Male and transferred to their lounge to await our seaplane transfer, we we given cold water and flannels to freshen up which was most welcome.
Transfer was perfect, upon arrival we were met at the seaplane by staff members and then walked down the jetty towards reception where we were met by staff playing drums and clapping which was a pleasant welcome.
We were given room 437 and then taken to our Beach Bungalow by golf buggy. The location was perfect, even if we had the option to upgrade we would have said no thanks, 24 paces to the sea and just a couple of trees in our view, a stunning view to wake up to every morning.
As we were celebrating our 25th as was the resort, we were given a 1 hour spa for which we chose the Balinese and over water, we did this the day after arrival and was just fantastic, a great start to the holiday, the ladies were great...gents make sure you wear something under your shorts otherwise you get to wear a pair of unflattering black paper pants:)
We ate at the Bonthi restaurant every meal time, the choice was excellent and enough to suit everyone's taste.
Kiron was the chef that did eggs for breakfast, toasters for lunch and pasta and he is great, always has a smile on his face.
We spent most of our evenings drinking at the pool bar, and the guys there we friendly, helpful and funny, so thanks to Pradeep, Musharaf aka Mr President, Thushan, Shahin and Jewel for keeping the drinks flowing and being a big part of our holiday.
Snorkelled every day outside our bungalow and saw turtles, large black tip sharks and plenty of fish.
We did some trips, Dolphin Safari was fantastic, lasted an hour and we saw dozens, well worth the $44 each, also did the Manta Ray snorkel, saw a couple from the surface, plenty more Dolphins and then snorkelled at Komandoo Reef (their sister resort) which again was simply stunning.
Prodivers were also excellent, did the free introduction to snorkelling followed by a reef snorkel with them and then did a night snorkel the next evening - money well spent.
Adam our room boy looked after our room exceptionally well, twice a day and always immaculate.
Sorry to go on but finally, I have never seen so many people keep the island tidy and clean, the ladies that rake the sand and leaves, the men that clean the sea grass off the beach and all the staff that always said hello.
Would we go again, yes, there are other places I would also like to visit, but Kuredu was superb and I'd definitely like to return. If you're thinking of going I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa, surrounded by a beautiful lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach, is the only Resort on the island of Kuredu, in Lhaviyani Atoll. Your seaplane transfer from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport is a scenic, 40 minute flight 383 Rooms include 10 Sultan Pool Villas including 1 2-Villa Family Suite, 50 Sangu Water Villas including 1 Honeymoon Suite, 100 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 93 Beach Villas, 90 Beach Bungalows, 40 Garden Bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Kuredu Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuredu Island Resort And Spa
- Kuredu Island Hotel Kuredu
- Hotel Kuredu Island
- Kuredu Island Maldives
- Kuredu Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort Maldives
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa Maldives