“Pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars

4 St. Johns Way, St. John's Town of Dalry DG7 3UQ, Scotland   |
Lecco, Italy
“Pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Brookford for one night while we were touring Scotland and we enjoyed it very much. On our arrival we received a friendly welcome. The room and the bathroom were spotless.
The room was not very spacious, but it was comfortable, well furnished and it was equipped with everything you might need. The shower worked ( a pleasant surprise! ) and the bed was comfortable. In the morning we received an excellent breakfast that was served with care. Ronnie and his wife were very kind and helpful with us. We had a problem with our car, a flat tyre, and their help was fundamental to solve the problem: they made several telephone calls and helped us with the mechanic, when he arrived late in the evening to fix the car. We would like to thank them again for the help they gave us

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie B, Owner at Brookford B&B, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hi Mariagrazia,

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Scotland and had no more car troubles! It was a real pleasure to meet you and our husband and I am happy that I could assist you to get you back on the road.

Many thanks for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you again when next in Dumfries and Galloway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have just come back from our visit to Scotland and had a great stay at Brookford. The room was lovely with a very comfortable bed and lots of storage. Everything was immaculate and very clean. The food was excellent with a great choice.

It was the attention to detail which made the difference - a jug to fill the kettle from the tap, a boot tray for muddy boots and lots of hangers. We had our toddler with us and she was made very welcome. Ronnie lent her some toys as well as the use of a high chair. There was also a sitting room/dining room which we could use in the evening, so we didn't have to sit in the dark in our room whilst our daughter slept!

The village is very pretty with a cracking pub (great food) within walking distance.

All in all a great find...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ronnie B, Owner at Brookford B&B, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hi,

Many thanks for your generous comments and your appreciation of our efforts to offer all our guests the very best in Scottish hospitality.

We look forward to having you stay at Brookford again in the very near future.
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

A warm welcomed awaited us when we arrived at Brookford for our overnight stay. Standard of accommodation and breakfast was five star and the comfy beds were a dream after a day of walking part of the Southern Upland Way between Dalry and Sanquhar. Ronnie couldn't have done more to help with the vehicle support and packed lunches for our onward trek. The Galloway Hills were at their best in the Easter sunshine which all culminated in a very memorable weekend

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie B, Owner at Brookford B&B, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I am so happy you and your companions enjoyed your time with us.

Your experience of walking the Southern Upland Way by using our vehicle support services shows just how enjoyable tackling the longest section on the route can be. I am sure other walkers considering taking the challenge will find your comments very useful.

See you again when you come back to take on the Dalry to Bargrennan section.
Perthshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Based on my 13.3.14 experience, arriving late afternoon, a warm welcome awaits at this delightful modern retreat at the fringe of St John's Town at Dalry. No sooner had I put my case in my spotless bedroom, than my affable host Ronnie brought home-baked scones and tea as I browsed tourist books and leaflets. His local knowledge is thorough and fascinating—ask about 'the Dark Skies' that draw in people from far and wide! With a base being roughly in the centre of the county, you're well placed for circular tours that take in coastal castles and historic sites, Wigtown famous for ''book shops", wildlife reserves and unspoilt scenery. And, to work off an excellent breakfast, you could ask Ronnie to show routes for a day's cycling or walking far from main roads (and bipeds, except friendly farmers!) over the wild moors to the north. *Crispin*

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ronnie B, Owner at Brookford B&B, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Many thanks for your review of both myself and our B&B! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back again soon.

Ronnie
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Such an incredible B and B. We arrived to a lovely warm welcome, homemade scones and superb homemade jam! The room was excellent, warm, spacious, equipped with everything you might need, everything was locally sourced, homemade or fair trade which is perfect! They offer a two course evening meal and the food was fantastic quality- even better than some restaurants! The owners are lovely, helpful and will do anything to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast was hearty and certainly gets your day off to a great start! I can not recommend the Brookford and they are definitely great value for money! Can't wait to stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ronnie B, Owner at Brookford B&B, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Wow! What can I say except thank you so much for your appreciation of Brookford B&B. I am really delighted that you had such a good time with us and that we made your stay such a success.

Although you only had 1 night with us it was a real pleasure to meet you and you will be welcome back any time to explore more of Galloway on your bikes; maybe for a long weekend next time?
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The B&B caters for everything a person could wish for. Friendly welcome, clean and well laid out room, good facilities. Ronnie goes beyond the call of duty, i.e. drying our boots and clothes after walking. He always makes sure that you have everything you need to make your stay a comfortable one. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Marion R,

It is always pleasing when the little things I do for my guests and which are just natural responses to the needs of my guests, are so appreciated.

Many thanks for your kind comments and I look forward to looking after you both again in the near future.
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Couldn't fault our over night stay here. Spotless modern room with en suite to match. Very homely cosy feel and we were made to feel very welcome with hot home made scones and tea/coffee on arrival.
All the small touches went along way and we will definitely be staying here again. Couldn’t recommend it enough.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi,

I am really grateful for your review of Brookford B&B. I have noted your opinion about sleep quality and would ask that you contact me directly if you have any suggestions how I could improve that aspect for your next visit.

Your comments not only make my efforts worthwhile but go a long way to making my business even more popular. So thank you very much and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Brookford B&B? Share your experiences!