No reception so no one to greet us on arrival. Eventually found someone who gave us our key which was attached to a bulky, filthy soft toy and took us to our room. We had to carry our heavy luggage up the stairs all the way to the top of the hotel as the lift was out of order. We were not advised of breakfast or departure times and were not shown the location of the dining room. The bedroom had no hair dryer or iron (although there was an ironing board so I guess you could ask for the iron). There was also no phone so if you did want to ask for the iron, or anything else, you had to go all the way back down the stairs, search for a member of staff and then climb all the way back up to your room. There was no full length mirror and nowhere in the bathroom for our toiletries/toilet bag or even the towels which were left on the window ledge in the bedroom. There was no menu on the breakfast table and we weren't asked what we would like to order - a cooked breakfast was placed in front of us. Oh and after climbing the 2 flights of stairs several times I tested the lift which appeared to be working after all!
- Also Known As:
- Broomhall Castle Hotel
- Broomhall Castle Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Hotel Menstrie
- Broomhall Castle Scotland/Menstrie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Broomhall Castle is a family owned hotel with ten good quality en suite rooms having exposed stone walls and king sized or larger beds. We have two rooms with super king four poster beds for that special break. Situated 5 miles from Stirling with views of the Castle and the Wallace Monument. Enjoy a friendly and personal hotel in a great location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Broomhall Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.