I meet a colleague here twice a year. He lives in the Borders so it's a reasonable place for us to get together. We always have the same thing Eyemouth-landed (so it's really fresh) haddock: his battered, mine in breadcrumbs followed by coffee. Just a good, old-fashioned inn with reasonable prices and no pretence. The staff are very polite and efficient - it's just liek being at your aunty's. Today I washed it down with a half of "Game Bird" from the Broughton Brewery, also not far away. Good quality, good value local produce.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a family-run hotel nestled on the edge of the Lammermuir Hills in Lauderdale. We have have 10 individually styled bedrooms and a renowned restaurant serving the very best of local produce all day every day. At Carfraemill, we love to host weddings, parties, family gatherings and business events - we can accommodate small intimate affairs in a cosy private room, to larger events in our award-winning restaurant, country lodge style function room or fabulous marquee. We are truly family-friendly and baby-friendly: whether you bring your little ones to eat, celebrate or stay, we will make them feel extremely welcome so you can enjoy relaxed and happy times at Carfraemill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Lodge at Carfraemill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Carfraemill Hotel Edinburgh
- The Lodge At Carfraemill Lauder, Scotland