“Bad customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Destin
3 attraction reviews
“Bad customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We are locals and my husband and I were very excited about our date night for dinner and a movie at this theatre. It started out with a sullen waiter but I wasn't going to let that get me down. We ordered our food and it arrived within mere minutes...appetizers right along with the main meal. We let that go and finished our appetizers and dinner before the movie even began. The food was pretty tasty but I decided to look at my burger slider after I bit into it and blood was oozing out; the bread was wet with blood. Unfortunately, I had already eaten 1.5, (this was a few hours ago, still too soon to know if I'll be sick later, lol). Since the food arrived super fast we had nothing to snack on for when the movie started. We ordered popcorn ($8 for bottomless bowl) and 1/4 way through the movie it still hadn't arrived. So we buzzed the waiter and they acted like they didn't realize we had ordered popcorn. When they brought it, it was the saltiest most disgusting popcorn ever. I LOVE salt and I couldn't eat this. In fact, I had brought my own salt shaker of popcorn salt in my purse in case I needed to add more so it is hard for things to be too salty for me but this popcorn was more salt than popcorn. At this point I am over it and wanting to just watch the movie without all the interruptions so at the end of the movie when they come with the bill I tell the waitress (different than the original person) that it was too salty and could we have it taken off our bill (keep in mind that in addition to this popcorn we had ordered two entrees, another appetizer and two drinks....I didn't complain about the rare meat). She says, "Do you want me to bring you more popcorn?" Uh, the movie is almost over and this conversation is making me miss the end of it. I politely said to just have it removed from the bill. Well, she didn't. It was too dark to see this at the time as we are trying to sign the bill in a dark movie theatre. The seats were comfy but nothing out of this world. They had a lot of unfriendly staff (there was one friendly guy at the front counter). Another annoying thing is that you can't buy candy in the Ovation dining room you have to go to the front to get it. I paid over $4 for generic Goobers, they were awful. How can chocolate and peanuts be awful? If you go bring your own candy unless you like off brand candy (which my husband does, he was thrilled with his Sour Jacks). I also don't like picking out my movie seats at the time of purchase; I want to be able to see my seats to know where I want to be. All in all, they have had plenty of time to work out the kinks and they have not done so. The staff already seems over it. Before being ushered into the ovation room we had to interrupt the workers gabbing amongst themselves to see if they could let us in. This was for a 4pm matinee on a Monday evening, so not busy. All in all we spent almost $100 for dinner and a movie and it just wasn't worth it. We will not make an effort to go back to this theatre; we will stick to the theatre at the Commons. The idea of dinner and a show was appealing to us but it wasn't well executed.

Aurora, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
“Bad Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went to a new movie theater in Destin Florida. I have never gone to a movie theater where you go to one counter and pay and get a empty bag and go to another counter and get the bag filled with popcorn. I was asked if I wanted to put butter in the middle of the bag of popcorn I said yes well since I have never put butter on my popcorn before I went all out I handed the bag back to the person behind the counter to fill the bag to the top and I put more butter on top. Well the bottom of the bag was soaked with butter I went back to put my popcorn in a dry bag well I was informed that I would have to pay $8.95 for a different bag. I was given a plastic bag and told to put the wet bag into it. Bad customer service.The staff seemed like they would rather be somewhere else.

Visited April 2013
“Could care less about the customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very disorganized, web site is not informative, was trying to find out about the Ovation room, where you can order food while watching a movie. Spent close to an hour tracking down and calling several different phone numbers, wanting to find out the menu, finally got the correct # and was told "we don't have the menu posted but I can tell it to you". So we were really looking forward to going and seeing the movie that was showing in the Ovation room and eating. Got there and were denied access because my son wasn't 21. What??? We were told "because they serve alcohol". Well we can go fine dining at 100's of restaurants that all serve alcohol. NO WHERE was that posted on the corporate web site, which I spent 45 min. perusing to try to find the menu. The movie was not showing in any other theater, even though there were several duplicate movies showing. Asked to speak to a manager and a teenage person came out. I said "are you the general manager?" He said no, the general manager was busy. I said I'd wait and finally this 55ish older man came out reeking of cigarette smoke (busy smoking I guess). I explained our dilemma and he said "that's policy". No smile, no apology, no courtesy whatsoever. Every employee who sees this example of management will go on to emulate it. That may not matter to tourists who will never be back, but we live here and support business year round. You would think with DVR, streaming movies and Redbox on every corner, that this movie theater would want to cultivate customers, but this was not the case. We will never go back.