“good food, fun environment and drunk waitress” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Vin'tij Wine Boutique & Bistro combines a progressive wine program and eclectic coastal food. Our wine shop carries over 1,000 labels, and we offer 40 affordable wines by 2oz taster, 5oz glass or by the bottle. Chef John Jacob prepares coastal cuisine with the freshest locally grown ingredients. Quirky, fun and unique, we're proud to be a local's favorite for 12 years. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner, across from Silver Sands Outlet Mall.
mika41
“good food, fun environment and drunk waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We went to celebrate, 2 people, it's a small, cute restaurant located in a plaza, no view, we had a dinner that cost us $160, we had a cheese plate, 1 appetizer, daily fish special, which was nothing special and a good chicken entree, the creme brulee made with blueberries was good as well ;)
It's hard to recognize the working staff since nobody wears an uniform, when I looked for a restroom I was ignored by the bartender, the host didn't smile once, while seating and talking to us, but helped our waitress to run some food to our table... and the waitress was nice but visibly tipsy... that night it was a wine tasting, you should go get a job there if you want to drink at work.
Yesterday I called to ask some questions about the wine tasting and the guy (whose name I remember well just don't want him to be in trouble) was blunt if not to say rude and wasn't willing to give me much information about that event.
Oh well I guess we won't be back then.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“Love the Concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This place came highly recommended to me by a former employee of Vin'tij. He remains in the business and spoke well of all practices. Since then I hHave dined here at least a 6 times and never a surprise. Very consistent. Good food, great wine and friendly service. I always look forward to going back when I go to the Destin area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Destin, Florida
“A place the locals go for an outstanding meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Vin'tij is one of our favorite seafood places In Destin. Excellent freshly cooked local seafood. A bit pricey but worth it for a special night. The staff is somewhat snobby at times. I think they really cater to the wealthy residents of Destin that spend lots of money on expensive wine. I would still recommend it for a great meal in a small, locally owned place that isn't a tourist trap. Definitely make reservations or you won't get in.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the best restaurant in Destin. It's locally owned and everything is prepared from scratch in house. Their special fish of the day is always superb. They have, by far, the best food in the Destin area and I've been coming here for 40+ years. I wouldn't recommend it for children but definitely give it 5 stars for adults.

Visited October 2012
Knoxiville, TN
“no wining from me!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a great little gem! Lots of wines that are not something you get everywhere else, and although the menu is limited, the food was delicious~kudos to the chef there. I can't wait to get back to destin to visit here again. It is just across from one of the big outlet strip malls, so drop off your teens and head over for an appetizer and wine flight~you won't be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012