“Stayed in LeCeil on business” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bayside at Sandestin

You added Bayside at Sandestin to your Saves list
Bayside at Sandestin
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   200 Sandestin Blvd North, Miramar Beach, FL 32550 (Formerly LeCiel Hotel)   |
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Stayed in LeCeil on business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

View was awesome, and area was nice, however room was quite dated and halls smelled strongly of must and cigarette smoke. Not a place I would pick to stay myself. Restaraunt next door was very good dor breakfast and location was near many good places to eat and shop.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Beth S, Manager at Bayside at Sandestin, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Susan S,

Thank you for staying with us here at Sandestin. We appreciate your business and we hope you will choose to stay with us again soon. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay at LeCiel. The views from LeCiel are amazing and you can catch the best sunsets from the balconies at LeCiel. We are glad to see you visited Another Broken Egg and enjoyed some of their great food. We have 1200+ accommodations here on the resort and something for everyone. We are confident one of our reservations team will place you in just the right unit on your next stay with us.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed here recently on a trip to Destin for a conference. After booking my accomodations, I read the reviews here and I was starting to get nervous. Not a lot of positive things shared, but once I got there, I was impressed.

First of all, the Sandestin resort is HUGE. I had no idea just how big it was and all of the places you could stay on the resort. I thought everything would be in walking distance, but its not. However, you can get a tram anywhere.

The LeCiel Hotel was fine for my needs. The room was fine; it was clean and always cleaned at the end of the day. The front desk staff were amazing! There were about three female front desk staff that seemed to be there during my staff and all of them were friendly and offered lots of suggestions for places to go to eat, etc. Very helpful.

Again, knowing nothing about this place when I book (it was booked for me through the confernece), upon checking in, the Front Desk Staff was able to get me a room on the BaySide on the 5th Floor. Every evening, i enjoyed a glass of wine overlooking the bay with the warm breeze blowing; it was great.

Not sure who the decor is trying to appeal to, but it isn't mean. The 'art' in my room and colors of the room, were not to my taste, but it didn't affect my expereince at all.

P.S. Head over to the Bayside Wharf if you get the time. I heard about it, but never ventured over there until my last day. What a great area and I wish I had done it earlier to explore more.

Room Tip: Get a room on the Bayside if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

On our 80 day trip we found more to do at Sandestin than any other place. However, our room left much to be desired- few amenities, unappealing lobby, but very nice people. It is the only room-only facility so no other choices

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mobile, AL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Purchased through Hotwire as a 4 star - more like a 2 star the stated amenities were not available and we were charged for parking.

The room had an in wall leaking (onto the balcony black and pink fluid) noisy moldy air conditioner, smelling moldy.

The whole outdoor/pool area was filthy. The kid zone had a pool table with splintered sticks, very dangerous.

The pool was unattended and the towels, when available were thin dingy old bath towels.

Tram was unpredictable. Room had a microwave, a mini frig. 2 coffeemugs. 2 cups, 2 wine glasses. No silverware, plates or bowls.

No wash cloths. The water pressure was very low.

Condo owner who spend days repairing the room across from ours leaving their door open til way past 10 pm. The moving van blocked the front door.

Told there was a 2 million renovation, new paint and 2 water walls in the entry, added furniture on each floor. We had a metal sculpture in our room, which had very sharp edges. I hung a towel over it after running into it the first night.

Otis was fixing elevators all week, made long waits or walking 6 floors w/ beach gear.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Miramar Beach hotels

Crandon, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked on Travelocity as a "Top Secret" 4-Star Condo. I paid waaaaaaayyyy too much for this! For one, LeCeil is a "boutique hotel", not Condos. It is very modern, clean and nicely decorated by hotel room standards, but it's not a condo. A mini refrigerator does not constitute calling this a condo. The pool area is lacking majorly. The tiki bar was closed and boarded up, the water was freezing cold and there is no jacuzzi. Staff were very cold, they said and did the minimum things required but without a smile or any warmth! Not what I expect from a vacation resort of this caliber!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Panama City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a couples getaway from Panama City, and she found this hotel on a website. It is located inside Baytowne Wharf, although not near The Village part. However, there's a trolley that runs there which saves on parking and serves as a free designated driver! The front desk concierge was helpful in directing us on what there was to do around there. The room was nice, and each one had a balcony. We had a waterview, but the palms blocked most of it (not complaining just saying). There was a fridge, microwave, and sink in the room. Overall, it allowed us to spend more money on dinner and a night out while paying a moderate amount for a good place to sleep.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My fiance and i recently stayed at the LeCiel for a quick 2-night weekend stay. We arrived at 11:30pm at night, which (as we found out) meant we actually had to check-in at the Sandestin Grand down the road. Would've been nice being able to check-in AT the hotel itself, but the Grand was so close by that it wasn't a major inconvenience. The room was of modern/chic deco with a small kitchenette that was helpful, with Keurig coffee maker and some keurig coffees, which was a nice touch (as I have one at home and love it!). Also liked the iPod/iPhone docking station clock/radio/player on the desk; becoming more & more common in hotels, so great to have. Bed pillows and comforters were very comfortable. Room had descent sized balcony overlooking the harbor. Bathrooms were average; nothing notable. We had to converse with the front-desk staff of the hotel itself on a couple occassions during our stay and check-out, and they were super friendly and helpful. Areas of improvement............for one - on both nights of our stay, we came back to the hotel late to find a pizza box (one night) and glass of alcohol sitting on one of the table near the elevator, to come back in the morning and they were still there. Housekeeping apparently did not pick these up overnight or even into the late morning. Also, the hotel itself doesn't seem to take advantage of some spaces with great potential, namely the room behind the lobby desk near elevator. Was just a random room of some funky chairs with a counter-top that looked like it could make a cool/hip bar, but was seemingly not used for anything. Also, the outdoor patio just had some chairs, but not much else out there. So this hotel isn't going to offer you a place to "hang out" and grab drinks with friends. So overall, if you want a descent hotel to stay while in Sandestin and don't plan to be in your room often, it's a great place to stay. If you're expecting frills and a social place to hang out, didn't seem like the place for that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayside at Sandestin? Share your experiences!