“Priced right” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LeCiel Hotel

Save Saved
You added LeCiel Hotel to your Saves list
LeCiel Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   200 Sandestin Blvd North, Miramar Beach, FL 32550   |
Tallahassee, Florida
“Priced right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at LeCiel for one night recently. The hotel was fully booked and although I had requested a "bay view on a high floor" they were only able to put us on the first floor. The room was on the bay side but hedges totally block the view of the water, uless you step outside onto the little patio. I have to say that the check-in person looked long and hard at the bookings to find us another room but said they were full.
the beds were very comfortable; everything worked well from the coffee machine to the hot water in the shower.
We paid their $99 "hot rate" and I think it was the right price.
Walking is nice in the morning right out the door.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Amoessereinitalia,
We want to thank you for choosing Sandestin for your most recent stay here in our area. LeCiel is a great property and I am sorry you were not placed on a high floor on the bayside of the property. We have the most amazing sunsets and views from the LeCeil bayside balconies. It is in a great location; close to the fitness center, Links golf course and has a restaurant close by as well. With 2400 acres we have great places to walk and explore. We hope you will come back and visit again soon. Please let me know when you make reservations and I will see you get the best rate possible and are placed on a high bayside unit so you can enjoy the views. We look forward to your next visit.

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

LeCiel is a managed property on the Sandestin Resort complex. I have stayed at several areas. This one had a great view of the bay, and was very quiet. While I enjoyed it, and its proximity to my conference, it was not the newest of accommodations. Overall, it was very good. No surprises, and very affordable.

Room Tip: Bayside rooms are scenic and serene...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Kankead8,
Thank you so much for your review of LeCiel. We appreciate your business and hope you return to see us again soon. I am sure you were able to enjoy the wonderful sunrises and sunsets from your balcony at LeCiel. The best sunset views are from that property...and you are correct, it is a nice, quiet location to enjoy your stay. We do hope you were able to take advantage of some of our complimentary amenities while you were here for your conference. Again, we thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.
Scarborough, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I travel approximately 75 - 100 nights per year.

1) Booked 3 night stay through Hotels.com. Pricing all inclusive. Zero balance at check in. One week later receive a resort fee charge on credit card. Get the run around. LeCeil says it is in their contract with Hotels.com & Expedia. Hotels.com says I'll have to work it out with Le Ceil - not their problem. If you are going to stay here watch for hidden fees.

2) Hotel is worn and old even with "updates" completed this year. Bird droppings all over the balcony - couldn't step outside. Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are covered in bird crap.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear tom p,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort and LeCeil. I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with the hotel and all it had to offer. When booking with a third party they do not collect our resort fee when you book. The resort fee helps to fund the many complimentary amenities we offer all of our resort guests. We collect this fee upon check-in. I am sorry you were not informed by the booking agent about these fees. We do hope you will visit us again as we would love for you to be able to enjoy the beautiful sunsets and views from the balcony. We offer many other types of accommodations that may suit you as well. We look forward to your next visit.

Leesburg, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Le Ciel is a much older hotel that just got some paint splattered on it. We had a very late arrival which we informed the hotel of and were assured that everything would be just fine. We arrived only to find out that after 9 PM all check ins occurred at the Grand Hotel which is in the complete opposite direction of Le Ciel and at night in the dark with speeds of 19 mph or 23 mph it was a pain the behind to find.

After arriving at what was supposed to be a suite - we find that it was just a regular hotel room w/ two beds that were not Queen sized beds by a LONG shot. The "bar" was a closet with a Keurig maker sitting on it. I am sorry but if you are going to advertise something as a boutique hotel then I am expecting something new and stylish this hotel misses the mark. Even with the 2 million dollar renovation it leaves so much to be done. the ceilings were stained - they were putting in new lighting fixtures in the main lobby when we arrived so it looked like a construction zone.

I was truly embarrassed to have brought my mom and sisters here. And not to mention the fact that it was EXTREMELY OVERPRICED for what you actually get. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear KACDavis,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. We regret that you were not 100% satisfied with your accommodations. We strive to meet all of our guests needs and I am sorry we did not do meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your check-in, we do have limited hours of 10-6 at the LeCeil check-in location during the off season. Feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com to discuss in further detail. Again, we apologize for your inconvenience and we do hope you will visit us again and as we have many other areas on property that may better fit your needs.

Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The pictures promote a larger, nice hotel, Even though the rooms are nice, whoever manages this hotel isn't on top of the extras. We wanted Gulf view to sit outside. We were booked on the 1st floor. The patios on the 1st floor are not separated from the neighbors. As well, other guests walk right in front of you. The AC from upstairs leaks and runs off the upstairs patio causing green slime on the patio as well it gets you wet when sitting outside. In the morning no one picked up the pool area, rearranging the chairs, etc. nicely for the start of the day. The neighbors had a huge fight and we felt like we were in the middle of it. When we checked in laundry bags were on the floor in the halls. One night neighbors ate to go boxes and left them outside their door. The next morning they were still there.

All these are easy and small fixes to make this a Great place. We had a wonderful time. But will stay at Hilton for $20 more.

Room Tip: Choose above 4th floor for good view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Robin C,
Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. I was disappointed to see you were not completely satisfied with your stay in LeCiel. LeCiel is our newly renovated Boutique Hotel experience here at the resort. I am sorry the property did not meet all of your expectations. We take your comments and feedback seriously and use them to improve our operation and guest experience every day. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments for their review. We do hope you will choose to join us again. We have many other areas on property and many other unit types that we know you will love. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and we look forward to your next visit.
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel had mixed reviews but our experience was very positive. We stayed on the 5th floor on the bayside and had excellent views and could sit on the balcony in the late afternoon in the cool and watch the sunset. Rooms were well appointed and were taken care of on a daily basis. Le Ceil's front desk support is there only from 10a-6p but Matt Rushing (front desk) was there every day for us providng fanastic support, provided excellent recommendations for restaurants and answered all of my questions (I'm a details guy). We booked two extra nights and couldn't have been more pleased with the room, service and Sandestin in general. We'll be back..

Thanks, Ross (Madison,AL)

Room Tip: Stay on the bayside. We spent the early mornings and late afternoons on the balcony just watching th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Ross Z,
We are so excited that you and and your family enjoyed your stay with us! LeCiel is such a great hotel and you have the most amazing views of the sunset over the bay. The balcony is certainly the place to hang out. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the great pool at LeCiel which is located overlooking the beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay. I see you booked a few extra nights so I hope you were able to take full advantage of all we have to offer. Thank you for mentioning Matt as well. He is certainly an asset to the resort and does a great job taking care of our guests. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay! If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First off if you order from orbitz the map location is wrong, the hotel is not on the beach or for that matter in Destin, it's on the bay and in Miramar in the Sandestin resort which means that to get to the hotel you have to go through a guard gate to enter the resort which can be a long process at times if traffic builds up. When we arrived for check in I was expecting valet parking and bellhops as I've never stayed in a 4 star hotel, neither of these things happened, just a parking lot that seemed too small and poorly planned and some old tarnished carts for luggage. After we carried our bags to our rooms and sat down from our long drive there was a knock at the door and someone saying "maintenance", I told them to wait but they knocked again so I yelled that he had to wait as we were not decent as we had started changing for the beach. Then he just used his card and tried to walk in, luckily I had latched the door with the big latch up top. When I finnaly got the the door I tried to look out the peephole to see who was bothering us, to my surprise there was no peephole just a hole in the door filled with paper towels. The maintenance man then came in and asked us if we had been using the bathtub, we told him no since we had just gotten there, he asked if he could look around our bathroom for leaks because the room below us was flooding. He came in and couldn't find anything then left. I went down to the front desk to ask about the "leak" and about my missing peephole. The guy at the counter seemed ashamed of the peephole issue, or maybe because I was describing the problem in front of a group of guests waiting to check in. He said there was no other room that he could put us in as they were booked solid but he could wave the taxes and resort fees for me (about $50) I said fine and said jokingly that I would just buy some duct tape for the hole. He said he would put in a work order for the peephole, when we left two days later there was still an open hole. Went back to the room and had a good look around, everything seemed very poorly done, paint splatter on things that shouldn't be painted, parts of the room just not painted, wall plates crooked, blank wall plates everywhere, sliding doors hard to use and jammed, the area under the sinks were falling off. The rooms just felt like someone tried to freshen up an old condo, and did a fast poor job at it. Later that evening we got another knock this time "plumber" he wanted to come in and take a look, at which I was not enthusiastic about but wasn't rude. He went to the bathroom then told us that he would have to replace the toilet, that it would take a couple hours, needless to say having a stranger in your hotel room for a couple hours talking on his cell phone and using power tools to replace a toilet isn't exactly what I would consider luxurious. The next morning I went to use the in room coffee maker, a keurig machine, but all I got was ice cold coffee flavored water so I went downstairs to get some coffee from the lobby, at 8:30 am they were already out with no one to be found at the front desk so I settled for brewing some tea for my Fiance. As I was waiting for the elevator two other people joined me, I was the first in and held tried to hold the door as it started to close but the door just kept closing and knocked the tea out of my hand, one of the other people there told me the doors had a mind of their own. I didn't want to just leave a mess so I tracked down an employee and told her what happened, her response was "dats stupit" and she went back to talking to another employee. Going to the beach wasn't exactly convenient, you either had to ride a "tram" which was just a couple carts pulled by a Jeep or drive to the other side of the resort, we chose to drive, once again you had to wait through a guard gate as the main road cuts the resort in half, we had to use GPS to find the beach as there are no signs, when we got to the parking area we had to park in the grass because it was so crowded, when we got to the beach we had to step under peoples umbrellas and over their towels because the private beach was to ridiculously overcrowded. We went to a public beach the following day and had a much better time with much much fewer people. We got back to our room around 5 then another knock on the door, this time housekeeping.....what houskeeping comes by at 5pm? She asked us if she could come in and clean the room, which we really didn't feel like sitting there for half an hour watching some lady clean the room since it should have been done in the am while we and most guest were out. She ended up giving us a couple towels and making me sign a sheet saying I declined housekeeping. This is the only time they came in the three days we stayed. At checkout they gave me a bill for the taxes and resort fees which I had to argue was supposed to be waved by the guy who checked us in, after a 20 minutes of her typing on the computer and looking lost and a crowd gathering to check out she finally got the fees waved and we were on our way out.

I will never stay here again

Room Tip: Don't bother going to the private beach, it will be more crowded than the public one down the ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
MattandTiff,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent trip to the area. We appreciate your business and for you letting us know about your stay. We use these comments on a daily basis to help us improve the operation and the guest experience. I was saddened to see the issues you encountered during your stay at LeCiel. We strive hard to meet and exceed our guests needs and expectation and I apologize we did not accomplish this during your stay. Please know what you experienced is not the standard here at Sandestin. We would like for you to visit us again and enjoy all of the amenities we have to offer. I would be happy to discuss your stay in further detail if you would like. You can contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.

Regards,

Been to LeCiel Hotel? Share your experiences!