“LeCeil is ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of LeCiel Hotel

Save Saved
You added LeCiel Hotel to your Saves list
LeCiel Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   200 Sandestin Blvd North, Miramar Beach, FL 32550   |
Pensacola, Florida
“LeCeil is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The pictures promote a larger, nice hotel, Even though the rooms are nice, whoever manages this hotel isn't on top of the extras. We wanted Gulf view to sit outside. We were booked on the 1st floor. The patios on the 1st floor are not separated from the neighbors. As well, other guests walk right in front of you. The AC from upstairs leaks and runs off the upstairs patio causing green slime on the patio as well it gets you wet when sitting outside. In the morning no one picked up the pool area, rearranging the chairs, etc. nicely for the start of the day. The neighbors had a huge fight and we felt like we were in the middle of it. When we checked in laundry bags were on the floor in the halls. One night neighbors ate to go boxes and left them outside their door. The next morning they were still there.

All these are easy and small fixes to make this a Great place. We had a wonderful time. But will stay at Hilton for $20 more.

Room Tip: Choose above 4th floor for good view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Robin C,
Thank you for your most recent stay with us here at Sandestin. I was disappointed to see you were not completely satisfied with your stay in LeCiel. LeCiel is our newly renovated Boutique Hotel experience here at the resort. I am sorry the property did not meet all of your expectations. We take your comments and feedback seriously and use them to improve our operation and guest experience every day. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate departments for their review. We do hope you will choose to join us again. We have many other areas on property and many other unit types that we know you will love. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and we look forward to your next visit.

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This hotel had mixed reviews but our experience was very positive. We stayed on the 5th floor on the bayside and had excellent views and could sit on the balcony in the late afternoon in the cool and watch the sunset. Rooms were well appointed and were taken care of on a daily basis. Le Ceil's front desk support is there only from 10a-6p but Matt Rushing (front desk) was there every day for us providng fanastic support, provided excellent recommendations for restaurants and answered all of my questions (I'm a details guy). We booked two extra nights and couldn't have been more pleased with the room, service and Sandestin in general. We'll be back..

Thanks, Ross (Madison,AL)

Room Tip: Stay on the bayside. We spent the early mornings and late afternoons on the balcony just watching th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Beth S, Manager at LeCiel Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Ross Z,
We are so excited that you and and your family enjoyed your stay with us! LeCiel is such a great hotel and you have the most amazing views of the sunset over the bay. The balcony is certainly the place to hang out. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the great pool at LeCiel which is located overlooking the beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay. I see you booked a few extra nights so I hope you were able to take full advantage of all we have to offer. Thank you for mentioning Matt as well. He is certainly an asset to the resort and does a great job taking care of our guests. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay! If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First off if you order from orbitz the map location is wrong, the hotel is not on the beach or for that matter in Destin, it's on the bay and in Miramar in the Sandestin resort which means that to get to the hotel you have to go through a guard gate to enter the resort which can be a long process at times if traffic builds up. When we arrived for check in I was expecting valet parking and bellhops as I've never stayed in a 4 star hotel, neither of these things happened, just a parking lot that seemed too small and poorly planned and some old tarnished carts for luggage. After we carried our bags to our rooms and sat down from our long drive there was a knock at the door and someone saying "maintenance", I told them to wait but they knocked again so I yelled that he had to wait as we were not decent as we had started changing for the beach. Then he just used his card and tried to walk in, luckily I had latched the door with the big latch up top. When I finnaly got the the door I tried to look out the peephole to see who was bothering us, to my surprise there was no peephole just a hole in the door filled with paper towels. The maintenance man then came in and asked us if we had been using the bathtub, we told him no since we had just gotten there, he asked if he could look around our bathroom for leaks because the room below us was flooding. He came in and couldn't find anything then left. I went down to the front desk to ask about the "leak" and about my missing peephole. The guy at the counter seemed ashamed of the peephole issue, or maybe because I was describing the problem in front of a group of guests waiting to check in. He said there was no other room that he could put us in as they were booked solid but he could wave the taxes and resort fees for me (about $50) I said fine and said jokingly that I would just buy some duct tape for the hole. He said he would put in a work order for the peephole, when we left two days later there was still an open hole. Went back to the room and had a good look around, everything seemed very poorly done, paint splatter on things that shouldn't be painted, parts of the room just not painted, wall plates crooked, blank wall plates everywhere, sliding doors hard to use and jammed, the area under the sinks were falling off. The rooms just felt like someone tried to freshen up an old condo, and did a fast poor job at it. Later that evening we got another knock this time "plumber" he wanted to come in and take a look, at which I was not enthusiastic about but wasn't rude. He went to the bathroom then told us that he would have to replace the toilet, that it would take a couple hours, needless to say having a stranger in your hotel room for a couple hours talking on his cell phone and using power tools to replace a toilet isn't exactly what I would consider luxurious. The next morning I went to use the in room coffee maker, a keurig machine, but all I got was ice cold coffee flavored water so I went downstairs to get some coffee from the lobby, at 8:30 am they were already out with no one to be found at the front desk so I settled for brewing some tea for my Fiance. As I was waiting for the elevator two other people joined me, I was the first in and held tried to hold the door as it started to close but the door just kept closing and knocked the tea out of my hand, one of the other people there told me the doors had a mind of their own. I didn't want to just leave a mess so I tracked down an employee and told her what happened, her response was "dats stupit" and she went back to talking to another employee. Going to the beach wasn't exactly convenient, you either had to ride a "tram" which was just a couple carts pulled by a Jeep or drive to the other side of the resort, we chose to drive, once again you had to wait through a guard gate as the main road cuts the resort in half, we had to use GPS to find the beach as there are no signs, when we got to the parking area we had to park in the grass because it was so crowded, when we got to the beach we had to step under peoples umbrellas and over their towels because the private beach was to ridiculously overcrowded. We went to a public beach the following day and had a much better time with much much fewer people. We got back to our room around 5 then another knock on the door, this time housekeeping.....what houskeeping comes by at 5pm? She asked us if she could come in and clean the room, which we really didn't feel like sitting there for half an hour watching some lady clean the room since it should have been done in the am while we and most guest were out. She ended up giving us a couple towels and making me sign a sheet saying I declined housekeeping. This is the only time they came in the three days we stayed. At checkout they gave me a bill for the taxes and resort fees which I had to argue was supposed to be waved by the guy who checked us in, after a 20 minutes of her typing on the computer and looking lost and a crowd gathering to check out she finally got the fees waved and we were on our way out.

I will never stay here again

Room Tip: Don't bother going to the private beach, it will be more crowded than the public one down the ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MattandTiff,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your most recent trip to the area. We appreciate your business and for you letting us know about your stay. We use these comments on a daily basis to help us improve the operation and the guest experience. I was saddened to see the issues you encountered during your stay at LeCiel. We strive hard to meet and exceed our guests needs and expectation and I apologize we did not accomplish this during your stay. Please know what you experienced is not the standard here at Sandestin. We would like for you to visit us again and enjoy all of the amenities we have to offer. I would be happy to discuss your stay in further detail if you would like. You can contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com.

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I am shocked by the negative reviews. So much so, that I had to keep reading to make sure I was reviewing the right place. I thought LeCiel was amazing! The views of the bay were awesome; I wasn't thrilled that our "bayview" room was somewhat blocked by a palm tree, but it was nothing worth complaining about. Our room was modern, clean and a good size. The pool at LeCiel is large and the setting is really nice. There is a separate pool next to it for small children. The staff was friendly and courteous, going above and beyond to be accomodating. LeCiel is part of the Sandestin Resort, which I knew nothing about when I booked the room. I had no idea that staying in the Sandestin Resort removed all necessity of leaving the resort area. There is a shuttle that stops throughout the huge resort, and it takes patrons everywhere from the beach to the Villages of Baytowne Wharf, which is filled with restaurants, shops, bars, and kid-friendly activities. Depending on where you're staying or where you're going, sometimes the shuttle ride can be a little longer than some would like. But I really didn't mind it, because it was a good way to see the resort and it was a relaxing end to the evening, riding home from the Villages after dinner. My family intends on making the trip to Sandestin yearly. I would have no qualms about staying at the LeCiel again. We had absolutely no problems. In fact, we couldn't possibly have been more pleased. I highly recommend LeCiel, and the Sandestin Resort overall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear brookers528,

Thank you so much for choosing Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort for your most recent stay to the Destin area. We appreciate your business and for you taking your time to share your comments regarding your stay. We love LeCiel and we certainly love the views. You will have the most amazing view of the sunset over the bay. Glad to see you and your family were able to enjoy many of the wonderful amenities we offer. From the Village to the Beach there is something for everyone. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Harvey, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My birthday was on July 28th and I wanted to go for a quick weekend get away but was not sure where to stay. I waited too late to book a room at the hotels on the beach so I was not sure if I would be able to go. I spent countless hours surfing the internet in hopes of finding a nice hotel on the beach but could not find not even one. So, i started looking at Resorts, but thought i may not be able to afford a room, to my surprise I came across SaveOnResorts.com that had resonably prices for resorts in the area. So I thought this is where I will stay. The price was right the photos were great but the reviews were horrible. I was not sure of what to do considering the bad reviews the hotel was getting, but since they had recently renovated I thought maybe it is better now, so I took a chance. And I am so happy to report the chance was worth it. I had a great birthday, I cannot stop talking about my experience the room was excellent no compaints, the people at the front desk were nice and check in was a breeze. The resort itself is beautiful. The beach was crowded but what more can you expect; it is such a nice place that everyone wants to be a part of it. You know in life nothing is perfect, the only complaint I had was the cleaning staff they just weren't friendly at all. When you ask them for towels or something they made it seem as though it was an inconvience for them to do their job, but it did not take away from fun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Markham, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am a nut for deals! When my brother decided to get married on the Sandestin Resort, i was determined to find the best deal! I booked my room months in advance under a buy 2 nights get one free. When i checked in and the receptionist seen how much my nightly rate was, he was even shocked! I was on the top floor, with the bay view. The bay view is just a beautiful as the ocean (its just hundreds of dollars cheaper!), your sunset view is not impacted whatsoever! Our balcony sat nicely above the water with perfect sunset views. The room was very clean! We had wine glasses and a cork remover in the room, as well as dishes. There was an additional fee for room service, which i assumed was making the beds and laying out towels. I was surprised to find that they clean your dishes and will even iron your clothes if requested!
I was more than happy with this hotel! Lots of amenities, close parking, great dining!
Would recommend to friends and family, I even plan on returning!!

Room Tip: Get bay side with balcony. book in advance! Balcony sides sell out first! Bring a swimsuit!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Conyers, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Leciel Hotel was a very poor choice for my vacaion. I was referred by a friend. driving up I found the hotel to be a huge disappointment. The renovations did't help much. The AC was loud and awkward, non working refrigerator, late checkin,poor service, and horrible customer service. This was my first trip to Sandestin and will be my last at this resort. Management was nonexistant for help. The front desk clerks were rude and un professional. I expected alot more for the money they charge. The website photos are very misleading and false. Even going to the beach was an inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Holden34864,
I am sorry to hear about your recent experience here at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. I apologize for the issues you encountered and the inconveniences these caused you and your family during your stay. We strive to meet each and every guests need and I see we did not achieve this during your stay. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose to come and visit us again. Please feel free to contact me at executiveoffice@sandestin.com if you would like to discuss in further detail.

Regards,

Been to LeCiel Hotel? Share your experiences!