“Using concord grapes in Florida” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Spartanburg, South Carolina
19 attraction reviews
“Using concord grapes in Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

They offer a couple traditional wines, chardonnay and merlot, but since these grapes don't grow well in the heat of the South, they are not particularly good. And they offer the usual southern Muscadine grapes in a couple of wines, which is an acquired taste. The big surprise here is that they feature several wines made from concord grapes, and they are quite good--stand out from their others. Bought a bottle for back at the condo, and will look for it in our local stores. Inexpensive wines. Worth a visit for a tasting.

Visited December 2013

Pensacola, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Decent wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The wines were decent but having visited other wineries I was surprised by a few things that did not happen on our visit...
1) the glasses were never rinsed between pours. We were told/asked to take additional sips to empty the glass
2) there were no crackers or anything to cleanse our palates between wines
3) we had to ask for water to try to cleanse our palate...I am used to water being offered and readily available by staff.
I'm not sure if I would make another drive to Destin just to visit this place.

Visited August 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful wine and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister's and I visited this winery as a fun activity the day before one of them was getting married. The tasting was free, informative, and we got to try ALL the wines! The wine itself was wonderful, especially the local muscadine wines. Carlos and Beach Berry were my favorite (Carlos for an every day wine and Beach Berry for when I can't decide between dessert or a glass of wine ... it takes care of both cravings at once!). The staff was great. We left with a case of wine and I went back the next day to get a couple chilled bottles of wine to drink while we were getting ready for the wedding!

Visited June 2013
“Amazing wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Friendly. Good wine. Great price. Enjoyed the wine tasting. Staff was very helpful and answered my many questions. I went back for more wine the day before we left Destin!

“Best winery in Destin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I wanted to go to a winery on our trip and this seemed to be the only one nearby. It was very nice the staff was friendly and helpful. The tastings were free and that's always a plus. The wines were good and we took two bottles home. One of each of the local red and white muscadine. We didn't know that Florida had any local grape production until we went there.