“Quality B&B at a good price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Mill Farmhouse

Old Mill Farmhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trawsfynydd
Old Mill Farmhouse
Save Saved
You added Old Mill Farmhouse to your Saves list
Fron Oleu Farm, Trawsfynydd, Snowdonia National Park LL41 4UN, Wales   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Trawsfynydd B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Quality B&B at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I along with 4 friends stayed here in June 2012 and I have to say the welcome was first class.

After cycling some 125 miles to reach the Old mill farmhouse we were met by Margaret who was very welcoming.

The room I had was very pleasant which was clean and tidy with an en suite shower.

The breakfast the following morning was top class with a selection of cereals an a full cooked breakfast on offer.

I can thoroughly recommend a stay here. 5 stars from me!

• Stayed June 2012

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Newport, South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Margaret was an absolute pleasure to deal with, both before, as I had to amend our booking and during our visit. Four shattered cyclist and our back-up man arrived at 6.30pm to a friendly welcome, safe storage for our bikes and a great recommendation for our evening meal.
Our rooms were walm and dry, the beds comfortable and shower hot.
In the cosy breakfast was large (we were offered fruit, cereal and cooked and had the lot!) The reason for the grade five hygeine rating was apparent, it was all simply excellent, as was the service from Margaret and Penny. When we told them we were riding for charity they even made a donation to our event. Wholly recommended, 5-star welcome.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Myself and 2 friends mountain biked up Snowdon 3 weeks ago and after a long hard day in the saddle we reached the the Old Mill Farmhouse just before 9pm on Saturday evening. absolutely shattered, very hungry and rather muddy!

We were met/greeted by Margaret (Who I have to say is absolutely lovely - the three of us all agreed it was like being met by our mums, priceless when we were in the state we were in!)

Being remote we wanted some food so she even called the pub and asked the chef to keep the kitchen open for us - a great gesture! The rooms were of good size and comfy beds, tea/coffee and TV ensuite. My back felt fine the next day and after a hike up Snowdon and being very picky with beds - this was a real plus.

We had a great full English breakfast in the morning which was perfect along with the trimmings, then off to Coed Y Brenin to hit the trails which is only 5 minutes down the road.
I left my towel there and Margaret posted it to me - again, a very accomodating B&B owner - would not agree at all with greenacre27 comments - I WOULD DEFINITELY BE GOING BACK!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at Old Mill Farmhouse for a short break and it was a delight. Very easy location on the main route to the mountain bike trails. Met up with some very muddy and exhilarated mountain bikers on my arrival that raved about their day. The rooms are converted barns each having its own name. Mine was Snowy Peaks! The room was immaculate, soft bed linen, a good bathroom and walls so thick I slept like a log. It had all the quaintness you want to get from a B&B in Wales. My dog and I had a warm welcome from everyone including the sheep dogs. There was an amazing model railway the likes of which I’ve never seen before and not what you would expect to come across in a welsh garden! The view from the garden was envious, go to the top of their field and take 5 on the little bench, you can see for miles. I had a lovely cooked breakfast with what I like to call 'real' eggs, fresh from their own chickens. With some helpful advice from the owners I spent some time on the beach which was only a small drive away. The pub, a 5 min drive was friendly, a log fire on the go, a good big mixed grill and a handsome pint, all reasonably priced. If this is the area you want to stay then I would recommend this B&B. A happy and memorable visit, thanks very much :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Chesterfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

Uncomfortable beds which need replacing. We were not offered the lounge even though we had two bedrooms. The dining room was still full of Christmas decorations. Good location for mountain biking. No welcoming afternoon teas like all other farmhouses we had stopped in. The towels dont dry you maybe too much fabric condtioner.
The surrounding restaurants are not good.
Will not go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

we stayed at the old mill farmhouse with our two children in august.
we had the welsh mountain family suite. which was really nice and cosey, even though its on a main road, we didnt get any traffic noise at all.

The children loved collecting the eggs in the morning for breakfast, and the sheep dogs were so friendly with the children, my one year son was sharing his yogurt with them.
they also loved the railway which was a great and a fun start to the day.

Breakfast was really nice and a high chair was provided for our little one,
We were given eggs that our children had collected that morning to take home with us, which was a really nice touch.

We loved our farm stay and would definatley recommend it and will definatley be returning next year .

The only thing i would say is it would be much easier if the room had a shower as well as the bath.

Penny and Margaret were verly helpful and really welcoming

we will see you again next year

Thanks x

Room Tip: if you have children the welsh mountain suite is really good