“Our stay in The Barn 9th Nov to 23rd Nov” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Dogmaels
Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages
You added Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages to your Saves list
Croft | St Dogmaels, St. Dogmaels SA43 3NT, Wales   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Our stay in The Barn 9th Nov to 23rd Nov”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We found The Barn a wonderful cottage we stayed for a fortnight and loved the peace and quiet. The wood burning stove was great and lovely and warm and my husband really enjoyed lighting the fire every day. It was great to find somewhere that accepts dogs, and she really enjoyed herself. Cardigan was handy for shopping and we didn't go anywhere else because we wanted to just chill. Enjoyed the swimming pool. I would like to thank Mal and co for the wonderful free range eggs. I found that there was no mop and bucket in the cottage to mop the kitchen floor because my dog is a very messy drinker and within about half an hour of asking about it one turned up at front door. We will certainly be booking The Barn for the same time next year

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed in the Cartwheel cottage with my 9 year old son and his two friends.
My son was having swimming lessons with Ian Cross of Swimming without Stress, who uses the Croft farm's indoor swimming pool to teach, so that was the reason of our stay there.
Incidentally Ian was fantastic!
My son went there fearful and a non-swimmer but, after 3 days, left as a swimmer and able to enjoy the water. It was money well spent.
The cottage and farm itself were great. We found the Cartwheel a pleasure to stay in for the 3 days. It was warm and cosy and very clean. The kitchen had everything you would need for a short stay, you just need to bring your groceries. I managed to make a cooked breakfast for 4 every day with ease. The living room had a digital tv and DVD player and there was free wifi throughout the cottage for any devices you may have. Beds were a little hard for my liking but then my mattress at home costs a months salary. Having said that, it was fine for 3 days. The kids loved the bunk beds!
The farm itself has a little petting zoo with a variety of animals. There is also a trampoline and some playground apparatus. Next to the pool room there is a chill out lounge with a pool table and some games. The boys had a look around the petting zoo, and played in the chill out lounge a few times, but they were mainly larking about in the heated pool.
We had our lunch and dinner outside for the 4 days that we were there. If the weather was better, I'm sure it would be nice to have a barbecue at the actual cottages as there are lovely little gardens with seating and barbecue equipment. The nearest town is Cardigan, we ate there every night. To be honest there isn't too much choice of establishments as it's a very small town. Also the quality of establishments wasn't great, but again, I was with three 9 year olds who weren't that fussed about the food so it was ok. We had a Chinese (ok), Indian (good) and Fish'n'Chips (ok) for dinner. Lunchtimes we ventured out to Carmarthen where they got their McDonalds and KFC fix (it was a holiday after all). I wouldn't venture out at night beyond the local town though, it's like driving in complete darkness on some trail road through the woods. Lots of tiny crazily winding roads that also have lots of steep gradients and lots of opportunities to scratch and dent your car on the variety of foliage and fauna that is a centimetre away from the sides if your car. When we first arrived at the farm it was during the night. It took me 1 hour to drive the last 20 miles on the dirt tracks, I didn't fancy doing that every night.

I can only judge a place by the consensus of opinion and that opinion is "Great!" The kids really enjoyed it. They loved the road trip from London to Cardigan, they loved the cosy cottage, the heated pool, the petting zoo, the spooky pitch black countryside at night, they loved their little holiday at Croft Farm.

Stayed October 2013
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

What a fantastic place for a family holiday. Ben (our 2yr old) loved feeding the animals and collecting the eggs every morning. He also thought the swimming pool was great. The Diary was a lovely apartment, very comfy and spacious for the three of us. We very much look forward to returning in the near future!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great week staying in the Granary while learning to swim with Ian and Cheryl on the "Swimming without stress" course. The Granary is warm and comfortable, with everything you could possibly need ready and waiting for you. The kitchen area is modern and well equipped. Everywhere is very clean and inviting, and we really relaxed in these surroundings.

Although we didn't go out much (we spent all our energy on the swimming!) we did go into Cardigan - what a friendly place, with lovely people in the shops and cafes. And a big Tesco's too :)

We also enjoyed going round to see the animals, had a little bounce on the trampoline, and ate some of the lovely fresh eggs from the hen-house.

Thanks, Andrew and Sylvie, for setting it all up, and thanks, Charmaine, Geraint and Mal, for welcoming us and showing us around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had an amazingly relaxing week ,staying in "The Granary",,at Croft Farm.The accommodation was fabulous ---it had absolutely everything ,one could possibly need ,and was immaculately clean.,and IF I needed anything else ,I was assured it would be provided.!!The staff are so very kind,friendly and helpful.The Granary has quality fixtures & fittings,-----chosen by someone with "good taste!"
The fact that the accomodation was so wonderful helped me to achieve a life-long aim---to swim.After several lessons "swimming without stress",I actually managed ,and enjoyed ,------swimming!!. On my last morning I enjoyed"talking to the animals!"and a walk around the field ,---experiencing the peace that is there,---thanking God for the experience of Croft Farm,and accepting that perhaps I am not meant to swim,-------then I went for my final lesson ,and SWAM.Thankyou Ian ,& Cheryl,-----you do not realise what you have done for me.
Thankyou Charmaine,thankyou Mal,it was lovely to have met you.
Finally,thankyou so much to Mr & Mrs Gow,for having the vision to provide** all** the faclities to enable visitors to experience and enjoy everything at "Croft Farm".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our family stayed in the Hayloft and the Cartwheel cottages and were very impressed with the facilities and locations that we had. Personally, I've not stayed in anywhere that was as in tune with what visitors could need or want. A great pool, sauna complex with gym, pool table, soft play area, adventure playground, football pitch, trampoline, WiFi, secluded BBQ and picnic area and animal feeding. Amazing.

It's perfectly located 10mins outside Cardigan and the nearest supermarket (Tesco) and the attention afforded to our welcome was wonderful. Milk, teabags, Welsh cakes and a complimentary bottle of local honey mead.

The Cottages were a great base from which to explore the area and we'll definitely be looking at organising another family trip in due course.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Our family of four have just enjoyed a week at Croft Farm (Aug 2013) and we had a fabulous time. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and there were lots of little well thought touches e.g., a first aid kit in the bathroom, hairdryers in both bedrooms, well equipped kitchen (although there was no sieve or pizza wheel?). This cottage is a little on the small side and we found it difficult at night because the loft bedroom was accessed via an open staircase which meant that any noises from cooking, watching tv, carried upstairs and consequently gave my 7 year old daughter plenty of excuses to keep coming downstairs to complain. However, there are baby gates on the top and bottom of the staircase which makes it extremely safe for little ones, as well as a highchair and travel cot. The beds were really comfortable and my only gripe is that I would have personally preferred the duvet to be kingsize as the double duvet didn't seem big enough and we found we were waking up in the night with either myself or my husband hogging the duvet. The thing that really sets this place apart for me is the outside space - it was heaven on earth for both our children (7 and 3), with loads of things to keep them occupied in both good and bad weather, and was never overcrowded infact, on the occasions we used the adventure playground and play barn we had the whole space to ourselves. Cardigan and the surrounding area is beautiful with loads of sandy beaches and cliff walks. A lovely base from which to explore the pembrokeshire coast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Croft Farm & Celtic Cottages? Share your experiences!