Being a fan of Trip Advisor and having read a recent entry that was rather critical and then other rather complimentary entries, I thought I would relate my own experiences at the Bell.
I stayed at The Bell a few days ago (where I have stayed from time to time over the years) which a previous writer correctly reported has a new management team. I can only say that my experience at the Bell was very different to this writer’s.
The staff were friendly and well informed. It was explained to me that the menu was temporary and a new menu was being worked on that would be quite different from previous offerings. It sounded interesting and I look forward to trying it. The relatively new chef produced excellent food – at least for me – it tasted great, was well prepared and well presented. No issues here.
The room I stayed in was beautifully appointed. I did not experience water bottles with seals broken and would not expect to. Clean, big white towels, nice bathroom goodies and great views from the windows. No sign of open laundry room doors in the corridor – maybe my lucky day!
I had breakfast before departure and perhaps I was staying in a different establishment to the previous writer but I did not experience any of the problems they had to contend with. It was an excellent English breakfast – delicious!
Finally, having met the new management team, John and Nori, I found them to be delightful and hard working, warm and welcoming and clearly rather awed from taking over from Janet and William who have a great reputation and built the Bell into what it is today. Inevitably they have new ideas and I was intrigued to hear their plans for making the room next to reception into a drawing room for guests with a large log fire – I look forward to experiencing it on my next visit – probably in the autumn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pub/Inn, Hotel (Licensed, Offering Real Ales) with 8 letting rooms in rural location. With car parking. Smoking in designated areas. Vegetarians, Children, Special Diets, Organic Products catered for. Eating outside is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Bell at Skenfrith reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bell At Skenfrith Hotel Skenfrith
- The Bell At Skenfrith Wales