The Crown was always a top class restaurant so it was very disappointing to see it close last year. I was relieved to hear it had re-opened but wondered if it could reach the same standard. I was very pleasantly surprised, there is no doubt that under the new management The Crown is not only back but its better. The tasting menu was truly outstanding and by some distance the best dining experience I have had on the Welsh side of the Severn. The wine matches were also spot on. I read earlier comments about small portions but this was certainly not my experience and perhaps this has been addressed. Breakfast the following morning was also top class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A restaurant with rooms set in the beautiful Wye Valley, 5 miles from Monmouth and just an hour from Bristol and Cardiff, The Crown at Whitebrook is a haven from the stresses of modern day life.The Crown is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding Wye Valley and other areas of outstanding natural beauty such as the Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountains, Tintern Abbey on the River Wye and the famous Offa's Dyke path ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Crown at Whitebrook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown At Whitebrook Hotel Whitebrook
- Crown Hotel Whitebrook
- The Crown At Whitebrook Wales